Print

Author Topic: New Super Mario Brothers Wii  (Read 165512 times)

Chupperson Weird

• Not interested.
« Reply #90 on: September 19, 2009, 11:43:52 AM »
Stereotyped?
The Koopalings never. even. talked.
Or had any personality at all. They were just there. That's worse than being "stereotypical" in my book.
That was a joke.

Captain Jim

• TwinklyMuffin
« Reply #91 on: September 19, 2009, 01:27:07 PM »
Bowser Jr.: More developed than the Koopalings. And no one wants to admit it, because they spent years giving "fanon" personalities to the Koopalings.
No! I don't want that!

Turtlekid1

• Tortuga
« Reply #92 on: September 19, 2009, 02:15:51 PM »
I could've sworn I've heard all this before.
"It'll say life is sacred and so is death
but death is life and so we move on"

Trainman

• Bob-Omg
« Reply #93 on: September 19, 2009, 02:22:16 PM »
Well of course none of the Koopalings developed unique personalities in the game or talked or did anything besides merely exist. How were they supposed to when Nintendo forgot about them for years and years to focus on Bowser Jr.?

Maybe that's why they created Bowser Jr. They didn't want to worry about developing 7 individual personalities, etc., so they lumped it into one generic character.

Basically, I think the Koopalings are gonna be the "placeholders" for each of the castles so we don't have to stare at Bowser Jr. drag Peach around the overworld map... then not be killed until the end of the game.

You kill whatever's in your way just for Mario to stop 2 feet to the right after the switch is hit or whatever, lean forward staring at Junior, and then have Junior be like "DUR CANT CATCH ME.. LOLZ GINGERBREAD MAN," hops out the castle, repeat. We don't wanna see him get away tons of times! We want him dead. So.... that's what the Koopalings are gonna be for. They're gonna take the place of the boss/Bowser Jr. duo in the sense that.... when you kill the boss.... you KILL the boss, he's dead. You've done it. He's not running away with Peach to the next castle. He's/She's 6 feet under, disintegrated, electrocuted, burned, drowned, stomped, whatever... and you feel accomplished!
Formerly quite reasonable.

ShadowBrain

• Ridiculously relevant
« Reply #94 on: September 19, 2009, 02:27:37 PM »
Good point.

Also, Bowser Jr.'s "developed"? He's a spoiled brat, wears a fake angry mouth, and apparently has no mother. Well, I suppose that's more of a backstory than any other NPC gets in the Mario series...

At least the Koopalings had appearances that suggested a personality.
"Mario is your oyster." ~The Chef

Tv_Themes

• Voted off the island
« Reply #95 on: September 19, 2009, 02:42:59 PM »
BOWSER JR. was the stereotyped one, not the Koopalings, and I was talking in reference to the fact that all Bowser Jr. is is a midget clone of his dad (because God forbid a child looks different from dad).
Unless you are cloned, you do not need to look like a midget version of your dad. Okay Bowser Jr.?

CrossEyed7

• i can make this whatever i want; you're not my dad
« Reply #96 on: September 19, 2009, 02:45:14 PM »
How many times do we have to have the Koopaling personality debate? Geeze.
"Oh man, I wish being a part of a Mario fan community was the most embarrassing thing about my life." - Super-Jesse

Tv_Themes

• Voted off the island
« Reply #97 on: September 19, 2009, 02:54:44 PM »
It will continue to happen until Nintendo realizes children don't effing need to look like how their parents did at their age and when they bring the Koopalings back.
Unless you are cloned, you do not need to look like a midget version of your dad. Okay Bowser Jr.?

Captain Jim

• TwinklyMuffin
« Reply #98 on: September 19, 2009, 02:57:05 PM »
The thing is: Children often look like their parents.

But seriously, why am I the only one who doesn't hate Bowser Jr.? I like him better than the Koopalings. There, I said it. He has personality. He wants to be better than he is to impress his dad. That's more than the Koopalings ever had.
« Last Edit: September 19, 2009, 03:07:12 PM by Captain Jim »
No! I don't want that!

« Reply #99 on: September 19, 2009, 03:08:38 PM »
Comparing the them to Bowser Jr. is difficult, as the Koopalings reigned long before the days of adequate character development. Put them in the next 3D Mario adventure and we'll see who really has less personality.
YYur  waYur n beYur you Yur plusYur instYur an Yur Yur whaYur

Captain Jim

• TwinklyMuffin
« Reply #100 on: September 19, 2009, 03:10:18 PM »
But this isn't about that, Weegee. People seem to believe that the Koopalings, as they were when they debuted, are more developed than Bowser Jr., as he is now. Which is just ridiculous.
No! I don't want that!

Tv_Themes

• Voted off the island
« Reply #101 on: September 19, 2009, 03:10:47 PM »
Actually, the Koopalings had tons of personality - in the cartoons [canon or not]

Wendy/Kootie Pie: Was a spoiled preppy teen who wanted to make the Princess look bad.
Morton/Big Mouth: Would never shut his trap.
Larry/Cheatsy: A stoner.
Roy/Bully: As his name implies.
Ludwig/Kooky: Zany scientist.
Iggy & Lemmy/Hip & Hop: Six year old twins who just wants to wreck havoc.

Captain Jim

• TwinklyMuffin
« Reply #102 on: September 19, 2009, 03:13:54 PM »
That doesn't count. At all. I can't believe you'd even suggest that.
No! I don't want that!

Tv_Themes

• Voted off the island
« Reply #103 on: September 19, 2009, 03:15:25 PM »
Hey, the Mario cartoon was cool.

Captain Jim

• TwinklyMuffin
« Reply #104 on: September 19, 2009, 03:16:38 PM »
But that's not really their personalities. That's on par with saying Ash Ketchum from the Pokemon anime is the same person as Red from the games.
No! I don't want that!

Print