Print

Author Topic: Yoshi: A nice adition or a dorky dino  (Read 7539 times)

« Reply #15 on: July 03, 2001, 11:07:55 AM »
Yoshi used to be cool, but then they got into the whole cutesy thing and he degenerated into a mediocre character.

Vwee-voo!  Forget "Yoshiyoshi!" "Vwee-voo!" is better!
Mega 2
Cybernetic Abiogenesis Project

« Reply #16 on: July 03, 2001, 04:08:12 PM »
Umm...Titanium Mario, WHY THE FREAK ARE YOU BRINGING BACK OLD FREAKIN' TOPICS?!

I am the Mew with the 007...
I shall kill every last one of those d**n Celebi's in this world.

I hate Newbies.
I am the Mew with the 007...
I shall kill every last one of those d**n Celebi's in this world.

I hate Newbies.

« Reply #17 on: July 03, 2001, 05:28:26 PM »
why not? maybe some of the new people want to have a shot?

"PARATROOPA'S, ATTACK"
"PARATROOPA''S, ATTACK"

« Reply #18 on: July 05, 2001, 03:21:56 AM »
I am a huge yoshi fan myself.

Actually, there hasn't been much change in yoshi's anatomy. Yoshi IS bi-pedal. O.o

The baby yoshies are a little different because they're smaller and they have their baby fat. Therefore they have a more "cute" appearance.

Myself, I am not a big YS fan, but I love Yoshi's Island. Introducing more than four of the yoshi species into the game made it more interesting.

But that's just my opinion.

~*Christi, the little blue kitty*~
~*Christi, the little blue kitty*~

« Reply #19 on: July 05, 2001, 07:40:30 AM »
Oh, I LOVE Yoshi! How could you possibly forget it! I love having those enemies fall down and Mario has to match them. I especially like the fact that you can form eggs with the egg shells. So yes, Yoshi is a nice addition to any puzzle maniac's repertoire.

----------
OK, I pressed the profile sig button. What? It doesn`t show my sig? That`s not fair!
----------
Dennis, Nell, Edna, Leon, Nedra, Anita, Rolf, Nora, Alice, Carol, Leo, Jane, Reed, Dena, Dale, Basil, Rae, Penny, Lana, Dave, Denny, Lena, Ida, Bernadette, Ben, Ray, Lila, Nina, Jo, Ira, Mara, Sara, MARIO, Jan, Ina, Lily, Arne, Bette, Dan, Reba, Diane, Lynn, Ed, Eva, Dana, Lynne, Pearl, Isabel, Ada, Ned, Dee, Rena, Joel, Lora, Cecil, Aaron, Flora, Tina, Arden, Noel, and Ellen sinned. [Mario sinned!]

« Reply #20 on: July 06, 2001, 10:14:50 PM »
I liked Yoshi right up until I played Yoshi's Story.  At that point, I lost all respect for the dinosaur.  Yeah, I know that was baby Yoshi, but after that, I honestly can't tell which Yoshi is being used in the newer games (Mario Tennis, Kart64, etc.).  It seems Nintendo has been mixing and matching the designs.

It's kind of weird, I love Yoshi's Island, but found Yoshi's Story to be painfully average.

-----------------------

-==bï||¥ ©hî||ÿ==-
Have a nice end of the world.
Haters gonna hate

« Reply #21 on: August 21, 2001, 09:46:14 AM »
I just played Lavalava Island in "Paper Mario" and I see Yoshi has changed for the better.  Now the people at Nintendo seem to have abandoned the "Yoshi's Island/Story" cuteness and made the Yoshis look like they did back in good old "Super Mario World."

The only difference I see in the Yoshis' appearance in "World" and "Paper" is that now they're...paper.  Anyway, there still doesn't seem to be "the" Yoshi, and you can't ride any of them or use them to your advantage, but it's a start back on the right track.

Vwee-voo! Forget "Yoshiyoshi!" "Vwee-voo!" is better!
Mega 2
Cybernetic Abiogenesis Project

« Reply #22 on: August 21, 2001, 10:52:19 AM »
Yoshi is still very cool, he was lame in Yoshi's Story though! Yoshi's Story was alway's lame! 3.2 on a scale 1.0 to 10.0.

Yoshi is still very awesome in some way's, he was very cool in Paper Mario, Mario RPG, SMW, and SMW2, and he started losing his touch in SM Kart 64, and in SM64 he was cool, but let's face it, in Yoshi's Story, it made you want to put him in a baby crib and throw him off of Bowser's Castle! Bwharhar.

---------
Bowza Boyee ownz J00
Nah, juz ownz TheLoserDeamon
Burton Alexander Finch Ball

« Reply #23 on: August 21, 2001, 04:05:05 PM »
The "actual" Yoshi is SMW Yoshi, SM64 Yoshi, Yoshi's Safari Yoshi,Yoshi Yoshi, Paper Mario Yoshi (the one across the table from the elder), and Mario Tennis Yoshi. Was he in Mario Golf?

The Yoshi in MK64 could not possibly be Yoshi, because let's face it, could big Yoshi ride a go-kart? his hands cant reach the steering wheel, and he is just too big to fit on it.

Newborn Yoshis in Yoshi's Story are bipedal, but when they bend down to sniff, you can see they walk like baby Yoshis in SMW2 and paper mario, meaning during the early stages of a Yoshi's life, its back gets hunched over, causing it to walk like it does.

and the red thing is a built in saddle, which they are born with.

It's not a matter of optimism or pessimism, it's a matter of common sense! (half empty or half full?)

« Reply #24 on: August 21, 2001, 05:30:08 PM »
In that case, the SMK Yoshi isn't Yoshi either! And what about the Yoshi's Cookie Yoshi?

----------
OK, I pressed the profile sig button. What? It doesn`t show my sig? That`s not fair!
----------
Dennis, Nell, Edna, Leon, Nedra, Anita, Rolf, Nora, Alice, Carol, Leo, Jane, Reed, Dena, Dale, Basil, Rae, Penny, Lana, Dave, Denny, Lena, Ida, Bernadette, Ben, Ray, Lila, Nina, Jo, Ira, Mara, Sara, MARIO, Jan, Ina, Lily, Arne, Bette, Dan, Reba, Diane, Lynn, Ed, Eva, Dana, Lynne, Pearl, Isabel, Ada, Ned, Dee, Rena, Joel, Lora, Cecil, Aaron, Flora, Tina, Arden, Noel, and Ellen sinned. [Mario sinned!]

« Reply #25 on: August 21, 2001, 09:07:19 PM »
Yoshi from SMW, SMRPG, and MK64 (and several other games) is an adult Yoshi, and that is why he has a more mature appearance. However, SMW2 and YS take place in the past (thus Baby Mario, Baby Luigi, and Baby Bowser), and thus the Yoshis were babies, and given a more juvenile look and attitude, and a more cutesy personality. Most people like the adult Yoshi better than the baby Yoshi, but keep in mind that they really are two seperate characters (well, not really, but they have two different personalities, so yeah), and should be judged differently. The adult Yoshi, imo, is more serious and has a more mature attitude, and thus older audiences prefer him better. Baby Yoshi is cute, but is really made for child audiences, and thus older audiences dislike him. Overall, Yoshi, imo, is a great addition to the Mario world, and I really enjoy his personalities, and people shouldn't try to judge the baby Yoshi and the adult Yoshi as the same thing.

This message was written by davidcoolestguy, master of anime and video games (actually he''s just a guy who''s got too much free time)

Founder of the Mario Game idea: Super Mario Bros 4: Sibling Rivalry. If you wish to see this game idea, e-mail me at david_coolest_guy@yahoo.com, and I''ll see if I can get it to you. I''m also planning on updating it, and possibly converting it into an RPG. . .
This message was written by davidcoolestguy, master of anime and video games (actually he''s just a guy who''s got too much free time)

Founder of the Mario Game idea: Super Mario Bros 4: Sibling Rivalry. If you wish to see this game idea, e-mail me at david_coolest_guy@yahoo.com, and I''ll see if I can get it to you. I''m also planning on updating it, and possibly converting it into an RPG. . .

« Reply #26 on: August 22, 2001, 10:10:53 AM »
But they are the same thing! Think of the weird things human children do. They throw food, wet themselves, and whenever they see a member of the opposite gender they go "ewwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww!"

But not many adults do that! It's the same "Yoshi" just at different stages in their life.

It's not a matter of optimism or pessimism, it's a matter of common sense! (half empty or half full?)

Edited by - frostbite on 8/22/2001 9:12:00 AM

« Reply #27 on: August 22, 2001, 11:00:53 AM »
You haven't answered my question about the Yoshi's Cookie Yoshi!

----------
----------

« Reply #28 on: August 22, 2001, 11:20:32 AM »
did I leave little Anonymous Mario Fan out of the fun? well here's your answer:

what about mario? he looks alot different in Yoshi's Cookie also. i doubt that game was even made by shigeru but by some off-branch of nintendo trying to make money off of the same stupid tetris/kirbystarstacker type of game!

and in case i totally misunderstood your question, i do believe the Yoshi Cookie from Paper Mario looks more like baby Yoshi

Print