Print

Author Topic: The super mario sunshine commercial is for babies  (Read 10118 times)

« on: August 11, 2002, 12:02:26 PM »
i was watching tv one day and i was flipping through the channels.

i stopped at the warner bros channel to watch the simpsons and the SMS commercial came on and its GAY

its mario dancing around like a bloody clown and fred penner or some other fruitsinging some campfire tune. please express your feelings about the sms commercial in this forum

Mario:Ive quit my job as a plumber and i''ve become a sleasy pizzaman
Snifit:Id like a large with double mushrooms please.
Mario:here you go.
Snifit:This pizza tastes like @$$ and i feel funny now.
Mario:Well i didnt want to go and pick fresh grade A mushrooms case i''d have to drive a few miles to the supermarket Instead I bought the red ones from some drug dealin kid, and i picked the white ones from the little spot in my backyard where yoshi does his business.
Snifit:AAAAAAAHHHHHHHH

« Reply #1 on: August 11, 2002, 01:04:53 PM »
Your face is gay.

-------
La taille de sein n`importe pas. Aussi longtemps que vous n`êtes pas dégoûter gros, et votre face n`est pas laide, vous êtes bon avec moi. A moins que vous planifiez sur le nourrir vos enfants avec votre propre lait, vous n`avez pas besoin des grands seins.

« Reply #2 on: August 11, 2002, 01:29:42 PM »
hmm...I haven't seen that commercial, but even if I had I wouldn't go *****ing about it in a forum. nobody cares. and anyway, the commercials don't really matter because any real mario fan has known about the game for months, from magazines or websites. third, if you want something really gay, read your signature. i think it has been established that Mario is not a drug realted fantasy land. A sleezy pizza parlor? were you born with this lack of mental ability or were you dropped on your head as a child?

-----------
Can`t sleep, clowns will eat me...can`t sleep, clowns will eat me...
-----------

« Reply #3 on: August 11, 2002, 05:13:32 PM »
I haven't seen the commerical, I doubt it'll be on much considering the game doesn't come out for another week and a bit. It might be humorous and you just missed it, or perhaps you're just too associated with crudeness to find it anything but "gay," or maybe it is, it all comes down to when I see it, I guess.

Ciao.

See how the mustache hides the slightly sad smile... and the sideburns, portraying his simple, blue-collar roots... and his legs, thick, wide, the legs of the masses!
Kickin' it since 2000.

« Reply #4 on: August 11, 2002, 06:25:39 PM »
How can a commercial be gay? Does it frequently ingage in ***ual intercourse with other commerials of the same ***? Do commercials even have genders? It's a joke commercial. They're taking Nintendo's baby image and mocking themselves, thus saying :Up yours, Gates!
moo

« Reply #5 on: August 11, 2002, 06:58:39 PM »
Can't say I've seen it.

King Boo isn't dead! He will return...

« Reply #6 on: August 11, 2002, 07:02:56 PM »
*ahem* okay so my last reply was a little vicious...I guess i was in a bad mood or something. anyway some of the commericials are a bit stupid, but i think everyone has accepted that now. i have yet to see the SMS commercial...StArMaN (and your lame signature :P) what part of Canada are you from? i'm in Ontario and the only thing besides the internet that i've heard of it is a crappy poster in Zellers. btw, SuperBeast, I have no idea what you are babbling about. gay means a lot of things, you idiot, including happy (not that anyone says that anymore without sounding like a moron) and lame, stupid, etc. But, you probably knew that and just wanted an excuse to talk about *** in a forum, but that's your problem and not mine. oops, there i go again. lol.

-----------
-----------

Insane Steve

• Professional Cynic
« Reply #7 on: August 11, 2002, 08:22:28 PM »
First things first: Sometimes society *shudder* changes the meaning of a word through frequent misuse. "Gay" is a perfect example of this. I once meant "Happy", now, thanks to society *shudder*, it can be the same-genderal preference (Took a while to come up with something that wouldn't get starred out), or it can mean "Cheesy to the point where it is almost unbearable." Another word like this is "Nice". It used to be a duragatory comment! Or, "Sour grapes". It once meant "Rationalization of an unobtainable goal", as shown by the fox and the grapes, but society *shudder* has misused it to the point of where it now almost means "jealousy". And that is why we call the commercial "gay" even though it has nothing to do with same-genderal preferences.

Ah well, that was long-winded and pointless, but anyway, back on topic:

I also thought the SMS commercial was stupid. It reminded me of one of those PSAs a(Public Service Announcements) that you see all the time during The Price is Right or something like that. I can, however, see some PSA with Mario to attempt to clean up a city's parks... I mean they did it with milk....

There is my thoughs on everything I have seen on this posts so far. They are (for the most part) opinions, and you have all right to disagree with them. I do not, however, asked to be verbally abused for my thoughts on this issue, for I see that that is basicly what is going on here. Thanks.

EDIT: Testing my new sig. Yes, it is taken, the idea for it anyway, from frostbite, But it is in Spanish, and has NOTHING to do with what he has in his signature.

Cuando yo me siento aquí, reflexionar lo que aconteció exactamente con mi vida, yo me dí cuenta algo. Algo interesar. ... algo que no era bastante correcto... algo que pareció hacer mi vida incompleta... algo que hizo mí se siente vacía adentro.. ¿Tan, usted sabe lo que hice? Absolutamente nada. Era el mejor desicion de mi vida. Mi vida no bastante correcta vacía.

Edited by - Insane Steve on 8/11/2002 8:09:24 PM
~I.S.~

« Reply #8 on: August 11, 2002, 10:38:41 PM »
More of an anti-littering campaign than SMS commercial if you ask me. But I think that commercial was a mistake on Nintendo's part. Older Mario fans who didn't already have the inside scoop on SMS already would be scared away by what the commercial implies as childish gameplay.
"I'm a stupid fatty and I like to play with my Easy Bake oven." - frostbite

Chupperson Weird

• Not interested.
« Reply #9 on: August 12, 2002, 12:07:58 AM »
It's supposed to seem like a public service announcement. That's the joke. I thought it was ok, but the SMA2 commercial, now that was weird. And sockpuppet, you're right about all that except I thought the commercial was pretty good. And anyway, the commercial-making fad right now is to make it seem like something else and make a joke of it.

It sure gets boring having the same signature all the time. See what I mean?
That was a joke.

Chupperson Weird

• Not interested.
« Reply #10 on: August 12, 2002, 12:10:12 AM »
Insane Steve, SuperBeast, and Super Mario, I share your opinions on this subject... society is so twisted... that's why I'm homeschooled... :-)
CashCrazed... you know, NOJ is actually taking this opportunity to make an issue of being resonsibe with the environment and such... I think that's cool.

Edited by - Chupperson Weird on 8/11/2002 11:15:21 PM
That was a joke.

« Reply #11 on: August 12, 2002, 09:50:57 AM »
HARDER HARDER
John Boyce

« Reply #12 on: August 12, 2002, 11:42:30 AM »
ok, ignoring what ever j.boyce is talking about, it's sad how many words have been twisted and warped, so that you have no idea what we're saying anymore. and yes, society is twisted. was there ever any doubt? could a society anything less than twisted produce something like the XBOX? anyway, I do admit the SMA2 commercial was pretty weird too, but so are some of the GBA Platinum ones! There's the one with guy singing (who *dreams of going Platinum*) and the one of the guy in the docotrs office and the camera. but, at the risk of being a hipocrite, i'm not going to complain too much about it.

oh, another thing. GBA Platinum. I recently had a bit of an *accident* (my brother sat on my original white GBA and crushed the screen :P) and I'll be getting a new GBA soon. I got my original one for Christmas, before Platinum was out. now that I'm getting another I'm trying to decide between platinum and arctic (white). is there any REAL advantage to platinum? I mean, releasing it later and calling it "limited editon" are probably pathetic attempts by nintendo to sell more. but for anyone who has it, does it look as nice as the other GBAs?

-----------
-----------

Chupperson Weird

• Not interested.
« Reply #13 on: August 13, 2002, 12:46:44 AM »
I personally like Glacier, because it's blue, and you can see inside it. So I guess I'm no help on this matter. If it's not silver plastic, then the paint on Platinum would come off on your hands. At least, it would on mine. They tend to get sweaty during the action of some game.

That was a joke.

Chupperson Weird

• Not interested.
« Reply #14 on: August 13, 2002, 12:51:34 AM »
You could just buy another screen from the Nintendo online store, that is, if you're not missing any pixels from the TFT display.
You know, it's strange. I guess since I never watch any of the 3 national networks, I only rarely see any Nintendo commercials. Except the Pikmin one.... I about got sick of that... heh...

That was a joke.

Print