Print

Author Topic: shine forum  (Read 14037 times)

« Reply #15 on: September 01, 2002, 09:12:49 PM »
I've had the game for about 3 days, and I've got 20 Shines. Yes, I've been exchanging my blue coins. Yes, I'm aware that I suck. Anybody else think FLUDD's cute? ^_^

"Like the moon over
 the day, my genius and brawn
 are lost on these fools."
       -Bowser, SMRPG

Sometimes I dream about being carried off by a giant squirrel...Does that make me a nut?
Sometimes I dream about being carried off by a giant squirrel...Does that make me a nut?

Chupperson Weird

• Not interested.
« Reply #16 on: September 01, 2002, 09:13:39 PM »
Well, now, I think I have 39... or is that 49... I'm not sure.
At least I got all the nozzles and levels (except Corona Mountain) and Yoshi now. My new favorite place might be Pianta Village...

"Tonight, I`ll make an old family recipe. Pickled dandelions with barnacles in a diesel marinade!" - Prof. E. Gadd
That was a joke.

Chupperson Weird

• Not interested.
« Reply #17 on: September 01, 2002, 09:19:25 PM »
Hey, you know what's strange? In my Japanese Dictionary, it says that "noki" means "eaves." And what's even stranger is "noko" means agriculture.
In response to Pyrasaur, I think it's funny how FLUDD tells you to take good care of your teeth and your pets.

"Tonight, I`ll make an old family recipe. Pickled dandelions with barnacles in a diesel marinade!" - Prof. E. Gadd
That was a joke.

« Reply #18 on: September 02, 2002, 09:42:57 PM »
I'm up to 36 Shines, I just beat that scary eel with terrible oral hygiene today. I mean, whoever came up with that boss needs some serious help. And I unlocked Yoshi, he sounds kinda ...pitiful, especially when drowning.

"Like the moon over
       -Bowser, SMRPG

« Reply #19 on: September 03, 2002, 10:30:57 AM »
73. Dear lord, that one shine in Delfino Plaza where you need Yoshi to get to the island with the fire and the pipe and then go in the pipe and inside are red coins on poison water exhausted over 30 of my extra lives.

-------
Arguing your minds to mush since August 27th, 2001.

Spiky Blue Shell

• Bane of Mario Kart
« Reply #20 on: September 03, 2002, 01:47:12 PM »
I've got 116 shines now.

If Mariokart met F-Zero...

« Reply #21 on: September 03, 2002, 02:44:06 PM »
I now what you mean frostbite, I always fall in the water and yoshi vaporizes,HE CAN SWIM. I have 79 shines, that games too easy!

www.songbirdocarina.com

« Reply #22 on: September 03, 2002, 02:44:12 PM »
I know what you mean frostbite, I always fall in the water and yoshi vaporizes,HE CAN SWIM. I have 79 shines, that games too easy!

www.songbirdocarina.com

Fifth

• Quadruped
« Reply #23 on: September 03, 2002, 09:50:57 PM »
I've currently got 118.
And if you think it's too easy now, *~*Stealth-LinK*~*, wait 'till you're scrounging the last remaining levels for single blue coins.  Providing you're not using a cheat guide. *bleaugch*

Go Moon!
Go Moon!

Chupperson Weird

• Not interested.
« Reply #24 on: September 03, 2002, 11:33:14 PM »
Yeah! The get Yoshi to the island and go in the pipe for red coins one -- I haven't beaten that yet... the leaf boats are too hard to control! I have 43 or something... and The Shell's Secret... gah, that's what's holding me up. Partially. Anyway, after you beat Bowser, does Peach come back to the Plaza? So like if you play after you beat the game, is she there?

That was a joke.

Spiky Blue Shell

• Bane of Mario Kart
« Reply #25 on: September 04, 2002, 09:38:39 AM »
No, she doesn't. Maybe once you get all 120 shines, but not now.... I have 117 shines

If Mariokart met F-Zero...

« Reply #26 on: September 04, 2002, 12:34:14 PM »
Okay...118... Does anybody know where i can get an online stradegy guide for collecting the blue cions in Pianta Village? I only have 12 blue cions, and once I get all the blue coins for that level, I'll have beaten the game! SOMEBODY PLEASE TELL ME WHERE THEY ARE!

« Reply #27 on: September 04, 2002, 01:30:53 PM »
78. I've got school now, you know. The new shines each day are lower.

-------
A shiny! It came out of the yucky!

« Reply #28 on: September 04, 2002, 08:15:36 PM »
Wow, you folks who are within a few Shines of completion, how long have you been playing? I've had the game, oh, maybe a week now, and I'm up to 58 Shines. Goodness, this game has moments of wit like a watered-down SMRPG. Like Il Piantissimo calling Mario a "pokey little flab-biscuit", and the hotel residents getting all creeped out at Mario sneaking into their rooms. Sometimes I stop and laugh for a few minutes before I carry on. ^_^

"Like the moon over
       -Bowser, SMRPG

« Reply #29 on: September 05, 2002, 09:56:01 AM »
Yeah, Big Boo, go to planetgamecube.com. They have an awesome strategy guide in their Specials section.
Also, I have 91 Shines and am pretty much stuck there. Has anyone gotten 120 yet? I'd LOVE to know what happens at the end of the game. I don't mind spoilers a bit.

Print