Print

Author Topic: Um ... Animal Crossing alert!  (Read 3492 times)

« on: December 31, 2003, 02:47:31 PM »
In Animal Crossing, I recently got given an item (by helping a resident). The item was called 'pitfall'. But it isn't any ordinary item. The guy who gave it to me said it was rare. On the item screen, the icon (furniture = leaf etc.) is an exclamation mark (!). Also, the item did not appear in Tom Nook's mail catalog ... what have I got? What is it? What does it do? Your help is much apprieciated. :)

-----------------------------------------
I like my emoticons, like I like my tea ...
"Blue, start over. Yellow is caution. Red is danger."

Fifth

• Quadruped
« Reply #1 on: December 31, 2003, 03:30:25 PM »
Ooh, hoo hoo!  You've got a pitfall!
You can't buy this thing normally, so be careful how you use it.  You've got to bury it in the ground to do so, and then it'll look like any other buried item.  But step on it - or have another person or townsperson step on it - and it'll cave in!

Of course, once it's been used, it's gone.  So be wary in placing it.

Go Moon!
Go Moon!

« Reply #2 on: January 01, 2004, 10:46:02 AM »
That's funny! Ha ha ha! >_< Um ... can you actually benefit from this? Like, trap someone and take their money?

Fifth

• Quadruped
« Reply #3 on: January 01, 2004, 02:37:17 PM »
Nope.  You can trap someone and hear their angry ramblings, but that's about the extent of it.

Go Moon!
Go Moon!

« Reply #4 on: January 02, 2004, 02:36:50 PM »
Ooh, okay. Thanks! In return, I will tell YOU something ... y'know Resetti? Oh, c'mon ... surely you have hit the reset button just to hear Resetti's angry but rather amusing complaints? Well, y'know sometimes, he will ask you to type in "Yes, boss!", "Forgive me!" or something similar? Next time, key in "Shut up!", and he'll go absolutely bonkers!

Um ... you seem quite good at Animal Crossing ... do you mind if I occasianly e-mail you, asking stuff? There are many things I need to know. >_<

A last question ... when I download my island onto my Game Boy, I sometimes (on the Game Boy) see a treasure chest floating along. Is there any way to grab it?

Fifth

• Quadruped
« Reply #5 on: January 02, 2004, 03:20:47 PM »
Ta'ni!  You can go ahead and e-mail me questions;  I'll answer if I know.

Now, the islander is the only one who can catch the flying treasure chest thing, but you'll have to leave a net on the island first (I'd suggest leaving some other tools, too.)  Just click on the net (all tools look the same on the GBA, so know where it is) and he/she will pick it up.  Then you can click on the flying object and he/she will catch it.  And then pocket it.

If you want something that the islander has just taken, you'll have to make him/her happy.  Fruit is the easiest way to do this, but there are others (though not many).  You can tell the islanders mood by his/her face, and also by the music.

You can also get some good junk (and mood-changing junk) by fishing, so you can do that while waiting for the flying thing.  And... letsee, just click on the islander to have him/her drop whatever tool is being held.

And I'll have to try out that Resetti thing.  Ta'ni!

Go Moon!
Go Moon!

« Reply #6 on: January 03, 2004, 04:53:59 AM »
Thanks, again! I apprieciate your help. Um ... I don't suppose you could make me a Snowman, could you? And send it to me with item codes? (I can never roll the balls of snow without them smashing.) In Animal Crossing, my name is Quijo and I live on May Farm. I'll give you something at one point, if I come across an item I don't need.

« Reply #7 on: January 16, 2004, 02:12:27 AM »
You can't send snowmen, they aren't items.
BUT they give you Snowman Furniture.
I got a Snowman Chair and sold it,Nook buys it for 8,888 Bells!

Heh, K.K. is singing K.K. Swing!
Find your inner monkey.

« Reply #8 on: January 16, 2004, 01:00:16 PM »
Every single ****ED SNOWMAN I make is of wrong proportions! I could send you my memory card in the post! ^_^ I don't think so, actually. I'll just have to live with it.

Live long and prosper ... and that''s your lot. Ciao!

Forest Guy

• Anything else?
« Reply #9 on: January 16, 2004, 09:46:20 PM »
Ooh, you have a Snowman Chair? That's the last piece of furniture I'm missing form the Snowman series.... Report to the Animal Crossing Outpost in General Mario Chat so that we may commense trading.

Print