Print

Author Topic: The HOPEFUL thread: Be happy here!  (Read 1260308 times)

Luigison

• Old Person™
« Reply #5490 on: May 25, 2011, 07:49:04 AM »
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Boyi3_ZXtQU

This is the most profoundly influential video I've seen in quite some time.
I agree.  Don't watch his other videos.  Go do something. 
“Evolution has shaped us with perceptions that allow us to survive. But part of that involves hiding from us the stuff we don’t need to know."

WarpRattler

• Paid by the word
« Reply #5491 on: May 27, 2011, 11:06:18 AM »
I'm back online. Rejoicing is happening right now.

« Reply #5492 on: May 29, 2011, 09:39:45 AM »
As we were helping my wife's family move, we came across some games and movies that an ex-boyfriend left behind. My sister-in-law didn't want to keep some of them, so.. I now have my own copy of Final Fantasy IX, and apparently Kingdom Hearts (it was in the box behind disc 3).

FFIX is one of my favorites (well, it was fun watching my sister play anyway), and now that I actually own a copy of Kingdom Hearts, I should try it and see if I like it. I've tried several times before, but somehow just couldn't get into it.
Kinopio is the ultimate video game character! Who else can drive a kart, host parties, play tennis, give good advice and items, and is almost always happy??

« Reply #5493 on: June 02, 2011, 01:09:04 AM »

Perfect file in Final Fantasy: The 4 Heroes of Light. Since the game has only one save file and I couldn't be arsed to start it over from scratch, now comes the part where it will gather dust on my shelf.

Also, I'm apparently the first person in the English-speaking gaming community to announce my completion of this game on the internet, even though it's almost nine months old.
YYur  waYur n beYur you Yur plusYur instYur an Yur Yur whaYur

BP

• Beside Pacific
« Reply #5494 on: June 02, 2011, 01:17:17 AM »
Hadn't heard a thing about it before you mentioned it, or between then and now

Reading about it, this is, what, then? Another JRPG of Squeenix's that they slapped the Final Fantasy title onto for no other reason than brand recognition?
All your dreeeeeeams begiiin to shatterrrrrr~
It's YOUR problem!

« Reply #5495 on: June 02, 2011, 01:29:35 AM »
Another JRPG of Squeenix's that they slapped the Final Fantasy title onto for no other reason than brand recognition?

Basically, yeah. Mind you, it borrows a LOT of themes and gameplay elements from NES-era FF games, especially FFIII. It feels like a remake of a Final Fantasy title that never existed. If you want to experience the game without actually playing it, I highly recommend this LP ("Let's Play") of it. Even if you're not interested in FF:4HoL, Crooked Bee's narration makes for an immensely entertaining read (provided that you're okay with some foul language and the community's general disdain for JRPGs).
YYur  waYur n beYur you Yur plusYur instYur an Yur Yur whaYur

« Reply #5496 on: June 03, 2011, 02:55:11 PM »
Finished 4 of my 6 final classes with all A's, so everythings starting to cool down. 2 more finals next week and then its graduation time!
"I don't know why they're called boyshorts! Boys don't wear shorts that short!" - Mitchie

Turtlekid1

• Tortuga
« Reply #5497 on: June 03, 2011, 02:57:17 PM »
Congrats!

I finished the last of my schoolwork myself today.

Graduation and open house are tomorrow, as noted elsewhere.
"It'll say life is sacred and so is death
but death is life and so we move on"

ShadowBrain

• Ridiculously relevant
« Reply #5498 on: June 07, 2011, 04:25:46 PM »
Way to go! I'm about there myself for community college.

Well, amidst an unceasing chest cold/gastrointestinal condition, the recent bricking of my PS3, and the looming possibility that I'm not guaranteed to pass English 102, today offered some moments of greatness: I got a 4.0 in Intro to Ethics for the quarter, went to a "President's Luncheon" for outstanding students (I'll be getting an award this Friday at graduation, too) and sold about two books in the process, and I discovered that somebody in said Ethics class considered my writing in the final essay to be a combination of "Stephen Hawking and a Cracked.com article".

EDIT: Scratch that...

« Last Edit: June 07, 2011, 05:09:13 PM by ShadowBrain »
"Mario is your oyster." ~The Chef

« Reply #5499 on: June 08, 2011, 12:15:32 AM »
Wait, you weren't sure you were going to pass but then you got a 4.00? What? Are you, like, an extreme pessimist or something?

And what's with the numbers? They don't call it an 'A' anymore?

« Reply #5500 on: June 08, 2011, 06:23:40 AM »
Preloading Duke Nukem Forever as we speak. History is being made here. Download will be done in one and a half hours. w00t3th.
If my son could decimate Lego cities with his genitals, I'd be [darn] proud.

ShadowBrain

• Ridiculously relevant
« Reply #5501 on: June 08, 2011, 10:33:45 AM »
Wait, you weren't sure you were going to pass but then you got a 4.00? What? Are you, like, an extreme pessimist or something?
The entire grade hinges upon one paper, which I had half-finished the day before it was due.

BP

• Beside Pacific
« Reply #5502 on: June 08, 2011, 03:38:08 PM »
The American school system, everybody
All your dreeeeeeams begiiin to shatterrrrrr~
It's YOUR problem!

« Reply #5503 on: June 08, 2011, 03:41:03 PM »
I only paid $8.77 for senior portraits. Points to me for resisting the seduction of the Sears portrait lady.
"I don't know why they're called boyshorts! Boys don't wear shorts that short!" - Mitchie

ShadowBrain

• Ridiculously relevant
« Reply #5504 on: June 08, 2011, 04:36:31 PM »
The American school system, everybody
Well, it's a community college, for one. And I guess it's not that the entire grade = the paper's grade, so much as failing the paper means failing the class.

Print