Poll

When do you want Mario Party 9 to come out? (assuming it's completed when it comes out)

Now!
3 (9.7%)
In a few months
3 (9.7%)
6 months - a year
8 (25.8%)
Hopefully in more than a year
11 (35.5%)
Never!
6 (19.4%)

Total Members Voted: 30

Print

Author Topic: Mario Party 9?  (Read 40408 times)

ShadowBrain

• Ridiculously relevant
« Reply #105 on: August 17, 2008, 09:57:16 AM »
Oh, yeah, I still half-heartedly want to go back and finish getting those...
"Mario is your oyster." ~The Chef

« Reply #106 on: August 17, 2008, 10:22:30 AM »
As if there would be a Wii game without motion control at any point whatsoever.

Um... Brawl?
Gently push a piece of the tube containing the intersection along the fourth dimension, out of the original three dimensional space.
- WIkipedia page on the Klein bottle

« Reply #107 on: August 17, 2008, 11:53:24 AM »
You didn't say wot wot.

ShadowBrain

• Ridiculously relevant
« Reply #108 on: August 17, 2008, 08:50:03 PM »
Dang! Forgot Brawl... but VC games are internet-purchased older games not made directly for the Wii.

I guess my point, as it has been and will always be (though I don't express it a lot for obvious reasons), is that "new" controls is no substitute for creativity within the actual game.

CrossEyed7

• i can make this whatever i want; you're not my dad
« Reply #109 on: August 17, 2008, 09:13:05 PM »
Brawl has optional motion controls if you use the nunchuck.
"Oh man, I wish being a part of a Mario fan community was the most embarrassing thing about my life." - Super-Jesse

ShadowBrain

• Ridiculously relevant
« Reply #110 on: August 17, 2008, 09:40:16 PM »
Oh...

If you didn't know you were right, does it still count?

CrossEyed7

• i can make this whatever i want; you're not my dad
« Reply #111 on: August 17, 2008, 09:47:40 PM »
It did before you asked that. Sort of like the episode of Goof Troop where Goofy told Max he couldn't have a pet, but Max went out and got a pet dragon anyway, but Goofy was planning to tell him he could have a pet anyway, but it was still a dragon, so he couldn't keep it.
"Oh man, I wish being a part of a Mario fan community was the most embarrassing thing about my life." - Super-Jesse

« Reply #112 on: August 18, 2008, 08:21:36 AM »
that's not true, the graphic advances, the new charecters, the microphone functionality, and don't forget the wii remote functionality, those were all new things.

Graphic changes and new characters don't innovate the gameplay whatsoever, Wii remote functionality doesn't either as it's just them moving from one controller to the next. It's like saying that use of the gamecube controllers was an innovation. I'll give you the microphone thing, but it was barely used and when it was, half the time it couldn't understand my words.

And collecting little nic nacs that do absolutely nothing is not innovative enough to keep me hooked.
No image sigs? =(

« Reply #113 on: August 18, 2008, 05:57:49 PM »
And collecting little nic nacs that do absolutely nothing is not innovative enough to keep me hooked.

have you played mario party 7 or 8?
can I take a bite of your snout?

ShadowBrain

• Ridiculously relevant
« Reply #114 on: August 18, 2008, 09:48:15 PM »
Graphic changes and new characters don't innovate the gameplay whatsoever, Wii remote functionality doesn't either as it's just them moving from one controller to the next. It's like saying that use of the gamecube controllers was an innovation.
Just for the record, that's basically what I was trying to say.

« Reply #115 on: August 19, 2008, 05:56:22 AM »
Graphic changes and new characters don't innovate the gameplay whatsoever, Wii remote functionality doesn't either as it's just them moving from one controller to the next. It's like saying that use of the gamecube controllers was an innovation. I'll give you the microphone thing, but it was barely used and when it was, half the time it couldn't understand my words.

I agree with most of that. The only word (or words) the mic understood me to say was Toad and Toadette.. everything else, it had to ask me Did you say Luigi?.. Yes, no?

Also, I hate to jump all over a spelling error, but I think the word is Knick-Knacks. I could be wrong..
Kinopio is the ultimate video game character! Who else can drive a kart, host parties, play tennis, give good advice and items, and is almost always happy??

ShadowBrain

• Ridiculously relevant
« Reply #116 on: August 19, 2008, 06:46:15 AM »
Yeah, it is.

But who likes silent letters, really? Let's all go with Nintendoverlord's spelling, even if it reminds me of some sort of Chinese rip-off of Tic-Tacs!

Print