Print

Author Topic: Winter 2005 ADVANCED POSTER Awards  (Read 29664 times)

« Reply #135 on: January 16, 2006, 11:45:09 PM »
Do it too!

Sapphira

• Inquiring
« Reply #136 on: January 17, 2006, 12:41:45 AM »
:D
Nice job on the awards ceremony, Koop!

Congratulations, everyone! And thank you to all of those who took part in the voting!
Whoa... I got 5 awards? Watoad got 5 as well? :O (Funny that I never really paid attention to how many people won what, even through all the vote-tallying and award-making. XD)

I'm glad you guys like the award "certificates"! ^_^  A lot of time was spent on them.
Thanks, Deez! ;D
:D LD.

As another tribute to the winners of the Poster Awards, if you won anything--1st place, runner-up, or honorable mention--you may have your very own Custom Title (of your choice, as long as it's approved of) if you like. I know most of the people who won awards are mods or admins, so this CT thing applies to "regular" members Bird Person, Hirocon, Black Mage, Markio, Koopaslaya, and Yoshisaurus Rex.

If you're one of those people, just PM me (here or in the chatroom) if you'd like one, and to what you'd like it to be. If you're content without one (or with your current one, if it applies to you), that's fine, too. You'll still be entitled if you ever change your mind. ;)

Congrats again, guys! Awesome job, Koop! Thank you for all this! I had a really fun time helping with the awards! Thank goodness the next one's a year away now, though. XD
"The surest way to happiness is to lose yourself in a cause greater than yourself."

MaxVance

• Vance Vance Revolution
« Reply #137 on: January 17, 2006, 06:47:40 AM »
Those certificates are very nice. Also, next time the Advanced Poster Awards come, I think "Best Newbie" should be a category. I noticed several people voting in it (mostly for Khold).
Remember that your first Goomba boldly you walk? When Mario touched that mushroom being brought up more largely remember that you are surprised? Miscalculate your jump that pit remember that it falls?

« Reply #138 on: January 17, 2006, 10:46:36 AM »
Wow, that was great!  Excellent job, Koopaslaya and Sapphira with the award making and hosting!  And hats off to the voters as well.  Thanks for the people who voted for me too, that was a nice surprise that I didn't really deserve imo.  This year I aim to win something though so watch out!  "I'll get you Eh Steve!  If it's the last thing I--" *gets blow'd up*  But I think that I may never be able to think of any sig that could beat the Bacon sig.  "We can't beat ze Bacon, zir!  Eez too powerful for uz all!"

Hey, wasn't there something about a 2005 memories recap?  Not that I'm worried about people seeing my stuff but I want to see what other people had to say.

I can have a custom title now?  THANK YOU!  Now I need to think of something good.  That will be tough.

Btw, the first time I saw a poster awards, I thought it had something to do with posters like the kind that you draw.  Like posters for TMK! XD Hmmmm...
« Last Edit: January 17, 2006, 10:49:27 AM by Yoshisaurus Rex »
(E I): o{D___(--I I): o(D___(o 8(= P)___(=(:  )@)___(3 I)}:O})+)___<( )=(: )) )
The cake is a lie, your base belongs to us, keyboard cat will play you off as you fall out of the bus.

Suffix

• Steamed
« Reply #139 on: January 17, 2006, 03:04:02 PM »
YSR: We already had banners, if you remember correctly.

Thanks for donating so much time into this Koopaslaya... Fantastic job!

And as for you, Sapphira... Another fantastic job! The certificates are fabulous. Now I need to find a place to pin it up in my computer closet.

« Reply #140 on: January 17, 2006, 03:38:05 PM »
Mmm, mmm... How about we have a little "unofficial-less-important-awards-thingy" for everybody else? Just for fun, though. We can have like, twenty more awards for everybody else.

Just a thought. ;)

« Reply #141 on: January 17, 2006, 03:46:58 PM »
Nice job, Koopaslaya. Those were pretty darn cool.
Alas! I have returned. (3/22/07)

Sapphira

• Inquiring
« Reply #142 on: January 17, 2006, 03:52:53 PM »
x_______x Khold.
A nice thought, but it took SO MUCH TIME just to do the awards that are there. AAAAAH DON'T KILL ME!
Now, if you're volunteering to do that, well....that's a different story. I know I ain't doin' that, missy. ;P
* Sapphira dies
"The surest way to happiness is to lose yourself in a cause greater than yourself."

« Reply #143 on: January 17, 2006, 03:57:28 PM »
I mean an *UNOFFICIAL* thing. Not really an actual awards ceremony. ::) I'll take charge of it, if that's okay. Probrobly do it in another topic or something...

Sorry to surprise you like that, Sapph. ;) (Isn't that the first time I've called you "Sapph"?)

Mr. Melee

• DUUUUDES!!!
« Reply #144 on: January 17, 2006, 04:03:29 PM »
(Who knows)
*claps with amazing enthusiasm* Congrats Koopaslaya, Sapph, and everyone who won an award! :D I don't think I could ever make something like this happen. ;D I'll have to try harder next year to get an award. I'll be waiting for you, CT...:D
[22:36:29] <Mr_Melee> The day I sell my soul will be the day I sell my hair.
[22:36:44] <SolidShroom> So when you go back to Christian School?

« Reply #145 on: January 17, 2006, 04:04:52 PM »
I liked your other CT "Super Smash Bother" :P That cracked me up...

Mr. Melee

• DUUUUDES!!!
« Reply #146 on: January 17, 2006, 04:13:05 PM »
I thought I'd get another one by now (not like I'm begging) but I must be a better member. :P
My CT's:
Not Member of the Year

Nostalgia
delusional

Super
Smash
Bother
[22:36:29] <Mr_Melee> The day I sell my soul will be the day I sell my hair.
[22:36:44] <SolidShroom> So when you go back to Christian School?

« Reply #147 on: January 17, 2006, 04:50:13 PM »
Super Smash Bother all the way!!

« Reply #148 on: January 17, 2006, 06:45:31 PM »
Super Smaaaaaaash Botherrrrrrrs!

Suffix: Oh yeah!  Forgot about that.  That was fun.  But I meant like posters the size of typing paper, with pictures of the "TMK gang" or something.  Fan art of the fans?  Odd.

LD: Great idea.  But won't people start to wonder what that's all about? (not that it's a bad thing)  And I also love your new CT, but now I may never post right after you do.

KS: So how about the '05 thing?  Sorry I'm asking this again.

Last thought: I guess that Watoad's and Sapphira's signatures were completely foolproof! "Boo!  Bad joke."
« Last Edit: January 17, 2006, 07:04:13 PM by Yoshisaurus Rex »
(E I): o{D___(--I I): o(D___(o 8(= P)___(=(:  )@)___(3 I)}:O})+)___<( )=(: )) )
The cake is a lie, your base belongs to us, keyboard cat will play you off as you fall out of the bus.

« Reply #149 on: January 17, 2006, 10:18:17 PM »
My suggestion for next year's awards: Bob-est Member =P

I don't think I've ever seen so many smilies on one page at a time.

Print