Print

Author Topic: Winter 2005 ADVANCED POSTER Awards  (Read 29602 times)

« Reply #30 on: December 28, 2005, 07:36:33 AM »
Can we add a 'New Person Award' or 'Newb Award' for the new people?
It could be that they post smart things without being a n00b.
Most Wishy-Washy

Koopaslaya

• Kansas
« Reply #31 on: December 28, 2005, 09:14:24 AM »
I considered doing that, however, I did not want to offend someone by concidering then n00bs. I felt it would be in my best in trest to aviod a flame.
« Last Edit: December 28, 2005, 11:09:34 AM by Koopaslaya »
Εὐθύνατε τὴν ὁδὸν Κυρίου

« Reply #32 on: December 28, 2005, 09:34:33 AM »
I meant that we don't consider them n00bs, just newbs. They ARE two different things, right?
It would show that we consider the new people, and respect the older members.
It would be a good award, as it makes new people post less, and let's them know that, someone out there cares for the little guys and gals.
Most Wishy-Washy

Koopaslaya

• Kansas
« Reply #33 on: December 28, 2005, 11:09:20 AM »
Rules
3. Please don’t complain about the categories. My definitions and questions to help you are just guidelines. You are free to interpret the categories beyond what I have stated. These still must be within reason though.

I will consider it for next year.
Εὐθύνατε τὴν ὁδὸν Κυρίου

Sapphira

• Inquiring
« Reply #34 on: December 31, 2005, 01:33:38 AM »
After putting much thought and effort into this, finally here are my votes:

Poster of the Year: Watoad
{Always nice to everyone and genuinely cares, I think it's safe to say that no one here doesn't like this guy. His posts are always witty, clever, funny, and/or insightful; he ALWAYS has something meaningful to say, and his topics are always awesome; you can tell he always puts a lot of time and thought into his posts.  Considered for Most Productive Poster, Most Amiable Poster, creator of Topic of the Year, having the Best Sig, and actually voted for having the Post of the Year, it's obvious why he'd be Poster of the Year.}

Topic of the Year: Draw Something Cool (by Lizard Dude) 
{Awesomest thread EVER! I especially enjoyed the on-going rivalry between LD and me--plus it was fun to draw, and it was fun to see others' creations. This thread deserves even more to win because the art is all gone...but forever will remain in my heart.}
   Runner-up: Amazing Unexperiences (by Watoad)
{I had a lot of fun sharing and hearing about this stuff.}

Post of the Year: Re: Religion (Watoad) 
{This had an incredible impact on me and made me totally...amazed? All I can say is "wow."}
   Runner-up: Re: Ultimate Birthday Compilation (Chupperson Weird)
{This totally made me laugh at the appropriateness of it, and TEM's response made me laugh even more. I also vaguely remember the inside joke, which makes me laugh even more. XD}

Most Productive Poster: Suffix 
{What others have said, his presents are WORKS and are totally awesome. He does a nice job modding, as well.}
   Runner-up: Watoad
{See Poster of the Year comment}

Smartest Poster: Megabyte 
{Always says something intelligent and/or clever to say--often which makes me think "BURN" when he replies to something. Thanks also for all your help solving my comp problems!}
   Runner-up: Black Mage
{See MB's comment. I also like the calm subtlety in many of BM's remarks; but also, his consideration and kindness is really respected by me. If there were an award for "Wisest," he'd get my vote.}

Most Amiable Poster: Marlie Moo 
{Even though she doesn't post much, she always is so cheerful and is nice to everyone.}
   Runner-up: Watoad 
{He is as well (see Post of the Year comment), but since he got my vote for said category, and several "runner-up" stuff, I'm trying not to repeat "winners."}

Best Signature: "<Deezer> Guys hit on me more than women <Deezer> >:|" (TEM)
{I totally XD'd and laughed when I saw that.}
   Runner-up: "'He is not a fool who gives up what he cannot keep for the sake of what he can never lose.'" (Watoad)
{I've always loved this quote (said by Jim Elliot). It's so...profound and makes you think about the deeper meaning of it.}

Funniest Poster: Deezer
{Deezer's posts are always awesome, clever, and crack me up at the same time. I totally love his sense of humor!}
   Runner-up: Lizard Dude
{LD is funny, too, but Deez totally takes the cake...or something. XD }

Most Creative Poster: Markio
{Always very...um...unique, Markio never ceases to weird me out and often make me laugh. I often have a hard time differentiating when he's joking or being serious...which adds to the weirding out part. XD}
   Runner-up: Yoshisaurus Rex 
{YSR always has interesting, often weird and/or funny things to say.}

Best Newbie: Khold
{Even though this isn't a category, she needs to be acknowledged. She's been nothing but really friendly to everyone, and she tries her best to be a great member. Even though several of her topics were "duds" or "mistakes," (which is common, especially for most new people), she's not only learned from it, but has cooked up some really awesome ones.}
   Runner-up: bobman37 
{He came here first dealing with the MKDS contest. Now he totally seems like a regular! You wouldn't even know he joined about a month ago.}

Deezer Award: Megabyte
{For his awesome job converting the forums, and for helping me with bunches of computer problems.}
   Umm...okay, if I have to...
   Deezer
{Because he's...Deezer--and awesome.}
« Last Edit: December 31, 2005, 05:00:37 PM by Sapphira »
"The surest way to happiness is to lose yourself in a cause greater than yourself."

« Reply #35 on: December 31, 2005, 01:48:40 AM »
Yay! I'm on here! Those "dud" topics are "duds" because I didn't know what to do or say. I just felt like I had to say something. That's newbie for you I guess... ;)

I have to say, I really like it here. It seems like I have been on the Fungi Forums forever! I have alot of memories. Good ones, too. I made alot of new friends, and people that actually have the same likes as me. Deezer, unlike most forum admins, is very nice! He answers my PMs and helps me alot. It's surprising really. At gamefaqs, the forum admins were all so bossy and mean, for lack of a better word. I don't have a large vocabulary.

Anyways, I love this place, and I will never want to leave!

Jman

• Score
« Reply #36 on: December 31, 2005, 09:59:18 AM »
Well, we're not a big snotty corporation forum like them.  Not that I've ever been there, but you gave me a pretty good idea from that last post...

I've never really had that much success with topics on here either.  My most successful topic was about 600 posts long.  That seems like a lot, but I know it can't stand against Mario Bar or the Mario Word Association.  All I'm saying, is it doesn't matter how many replies you get in a topic.  Just have fun here.  And about being bossy and mean, you should be glad that you were never here when marioguy was.
I always figured "Time to tip the scales" was Wario's everyday motto.

Koopaslaya

• Kansas
« Reply #37 on: December 31, 2005, 10:03:36 AM »
Khold, see, its just because we are sweet here. Well, at least only some of your topics were "duds" not all of yours, like mine (save this one).

Ah yes, and while I am here, I would like to make a request. Please PM me with some of your favorite memories from this past year (2005). I think it would be neet in the awards ceremony/post thing to have an end of the year recap type thing. Please do not post them here. Thank you.
« Last Edit: December 31, 2005, 11:02:00 AM by Koopaslaya »
Εὐθύνατε τὴν ὁδὸν Κυρίου

« Reply #38 on: December 31, 2005, 01:19:33 PM »
Well, we're not a big snotty corporation forum like them.  Not that I've ever been there, but you gave me a pretty good idea from that last post...

I've never really had that much success with topics on here either.  My most successful topic was about 600 posts long.  That seems like a lot, but I know it can't stand against Mario Bar or the Mario Word Association.  All I'm saying, is it doesn't matter how many replies you get in a topic.  Just have fun here.  And about being bossy and mean, you should be glad that you were never here when marioguy was.

What did marioguy do?

TEM

• THE SOVIET'S MOST DANGEROUS PUZZLE.
« Reply #39 on: December 31, 2005, 02:26:08 PM »
He broke That One Rule. If you break it, you're gone forever!

« Reply #40 on: December 31, 2005, 02:33:06 PM »
May I ask, which one was that? Huh? Huh? You can tell me, can't ya? Huh? I promise, I won't tell anyone.
(Well, maybe a few other members, some family members and friends, and some random people off the street)
Most Wishy-Washy

TEM

• THE SOVIET'S MOST DANGEROUS PUZZLE.
« Reply #41 on: December 31, 2005, 03:01:22 PM »
We don't talk about it!

« Reply #42 on: December 31, 2005, 03:02:23 PM »
Oh, okay, Forget I said anything...
Most Wishy-Washy

Jman

• Score
« Reply #43 on: January 01, 2006, 12:52:00 AM »
Actually, forget *I* said anything.  I should never have brought up marioguy.
I always figured "Time to tip the scales" was Wario's everyday motto.

« Reply #44 on: January 01, 2006, 01:28:21 AM »
Seeing Sapph's votes I'm tempted to actually vote myself.
I'm a horrible person.

Print