Print

Author Topic: 2012: The Truth!  (Read 15243 times)

« Reply #45 on: September 05, 2008, 04:59:02 PM »
Back to the main topic. Why are people so worried about this? Do they seriously believe that Mayans could predict the future?
Gently push a piece of the tube containing the intersection along the fourth dimension, out of the original three dimensional space.
- WIkipedia page on the Klein bottle

Rao

• Arr! Ay! Oh!
« Reply #46 on: September 05, 2008, 05:08:08 PM »
« Last Edit: September 05, 2008, 05:10:54 PM by Rao »
What's your problem, Cambodian?

« Reply #47 on: September 05, 2008, 06:06:00 PM »
Two words: False vaccuum. I'll let you all fret over that.

I can't fret over it if I don't know what it is. What is it?
Kinopio is the ultimate video game character! Who else can drive a kart, host parties, play tennis, give good advice and items, and is almost always happy??

Luigison

• Old Person™
« Reply #48 on: September 05, 2008, 06:20:23 PM »
Okay, I dunno where you're getting the "multiple creation stories" from - there's only two chapters in Genesis that deal with creation, and neither contradict each other. The real problem is that we're getting into another debate - and they are never really resolved on here. I don't want to spend pages and pages arguing with people if none of us can end it - so I'm not going to post in this topic after this.
Creation Stories:
1) In Genesis 1:25-27 Animals come before man and woman.  Man and woman are apparently created at the same time.
That is:
  1 - Animals
  2 - Man and woman

2) In Genesis 2:18-22 Man came before animals.  Woman was created after man and the animals.
That is:
  1 - Man
  2 - Animals
  3 - Woman

Flood Survivors:
1) In Genesis 7:21-23 only those on the ark survived.
2) In Genesis 6:4 and Numbers 13:33 other (giant) humans survived.
“Evolution has shaped us with perceptions that allow us to survive. But part of that involves hiding from us the stuff we don’t need to know."

ShadowBrain

• Ridiculously relevant
« Reply #49 on: September 05, 2008, 06:23:51 PM »
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/False_vacuum

I couldn't find the exact link that I learned that from/spurred me to reference it, but I think this'll do the trick.
"Mario is your oyster." ~The Chef

goodie

• Nike and Reebok
« Reply #50 on: September 05, 2008, 08:03:16 PM »
Creation Stories:
1) In Genesis 1:25-27 Animals come before man and woman.  Man and woman are apparently created at the same time.
That is:
  1 - Animals
  2 - Man and woman

2) In Genesis 2:18-22 Man came before animals.  Woman was created after man and the animals.
That is:
  1 - Man
  2 - Animals
  3 - Woman
They don't contradict each other. Chapter 1 tells the whole creation story in chronological order, while chapter 2 goes back and fills in some details about the creation of man and stuff, not necessarily in the order it happened.

Flood Survivors:
1) In Genesis 7:21-23 only those on the ark survived.
2) In Genesis 6:4 and Numbers 13:33 other (giant) humans survived.
Genesis 6:4 is before the flood even happened. Numbers takes place quite a while after, so those giants would obviously be descendants of those on the ark, just like everyone else.
576f726c6420392069732061207365637265742e

Luigison

• Old Person™
« Reply #51 on: September 05, 2008, 08:38:09 PM »
They don't contradict each other. Chapter 1 tells the whole creation story in chronological order, while chapter 2 goes back and fills in some details about the creation of man and stuff, not necessarily in the order it happened.
It seems to me that chapter 2 is specific on order.  Man was lonely so God made animals for him.  Man was still lonely so God made a woman for him.  As for the first story I could go into what's wrong with the physics of it, but I've already strayed too far from the topic.  This is supposed to be about the destruction of the Earth and not its creation.  So, I'll drop this for now. 

Genesis 6:4 is before the flood even happened. Numbers takes place quite a while after, so those giants would obviously be descendants of those on the ark, just like everyone else.
Okay, but that's not how I see it.  It seems to me that the race of giants lived before the flood and the same race lived after the flood.  Noah's family were not giants.  This is up to interpretation though.  So, I'll also drop this argument. 
“Evolution has shaped us with perceptions that allow us to survive. But part of that involves hiding from us the stuff we don’t need to know."

« Reply #52 on: September 06, 2008, 11:06:47 AM »
I remember reading that people were short in bible times.
Gently push a piece of the tube containing the intersection along the fourth dimension, out of the original three dimensional space.
- WIkipedia page on the Klein bottle

« Reply #53 on: September 10, 2008, 07:19:09 PM »
   I have actually looked into this and studied this in college, I had to write a theory on it.  All the research I have done, and personal emotions have lead me to believe that only the world as we know it is going to come to an end.  This doesn't mean the world is going to end in chaos and the earth will be destroyed, but by the year 2012 we're going to experience something so extrodinarily fantastic that its going to shift our conciousness to the next level.  I am positive that we are going to experience a transdimensional step for the first time in a very long time.  This would mean we are actually in the process of slipping into the fifth dimension.

I honestly believe we are in this process with transdimensional beings as our guides, but they affect us indirectly because we are not at the breakthrough we would be at in 2012.  I've studied dialogues and dialogues of text and the last time we experienced a shift of concsiousness was when man started using his vocal chords instead of communicating through body motions.  I believe what started this was when our ancestors in the evolution time line picked and ate psilocybin containing mushrooms or other hallucinogenic fungi such as the amanita-muscara.  This fungis opened up our innner eye (our mind's eye) and lead us to see the world in a different way.

I don't believe that the mushrooms that grew back then and the mushrooms we manifest today were an accident.  They were put there by a transdimensional or devine being so that would could evolve into what we have come to be today.

This global shift of conciouness is going to work as a process, we've been working up to this point in history with little baby steps.  Now its time for this whirlwind of events to take place.  Our shift into the 5th dimension will fly in because our minds are being linked, slowly but surely.  We will begin to know stuff that hasn't happened yet, we will be able to communicate via extra sensual perception.  After this happens the transdimensional beings can come through, greet us, and harminize with us, wether they be extra-terrestrial life forms or spirits.  To a lot of people this would be catastrophic, and people wouldn't know how to handle it because what they were living will seem like a lie, all of their material wants and objects will mean nothing.  This is why we are going to take baby steps until 2012.  From then on we'll move into what I'll refer to as hyper speed, we will just be flooded with loads of new information, get in touch with our inner being or spirit, and most importantly we will live for the society, no more living for your own selfish needs.

I didn't read any of the links people have put up about 2012 and the truth.  I refuse to.  I refuse to on the basis of which I know what is going to happen, I have seen things that none of you would imagine possible.  If you want the real truth I highly suggest you read 2012: by Daniel Pinchbeck, or read some Terence McKenna.  If anyone wants to learn more but directly from what I know feel free to ask in a reply or personal message.
I only watch [adult swim]

Chupperson Weird

• Not interested.
« Reply #54 on: September 10, 2008, 08:50:08 PM »
I don't think they were recording history when people started talking, bud.
That was a joke.

Luigison

• Old Person™
« Reply #55 on: September 11, 2008, 03:27:39 PM »
This thread has a lot of references to people, websites, and/or books saying the world is going to end.  Does anyone have any actual physical evidence to support their hypothesis?  I can reference the age and lifespan of our sun, the approach of another system, and the regularity of planetary impacts, but what physical evidence points to 2012?  If such an end is a change in human consciousness I can reference many exponential growths in fields like computer science, genetics, and brain research, but what physical evidence points directly to 2012?  Some mushrooms?  I think not.  An ancient calendar?  Again, no.  Someone selling a book to capitalize on end-of-the-world paranoia.  Please.

Print