Print

Author Topic: Dearly missed members.  (Read 95528 times)

« Reply #255 on: January 22, 2006, 07:09:39 PM »
me too :( he was so cool and nice and...
"I don't know why they're called boyshorts! Boys don't wear shorts that short!" - Mitchie

« Reply #256 on: January 22, 2006, 08:34:14 PM »
Mr.Melee's gone?

Well that came out of the blue...
As a game that requires six friends, an HDTV, and skill, I can see why the majority of TMK is going to hate on it hard.

« Reply #257 on: January 22, 2006, 08:34:53 PM »
Yeah, I just noticed that too, I wonder what he did.
I'm a horrible person.

Insane Steve

• Professional Cynic
« Reply #258 on: January 22, 2006, 09:02:37 PM »
You know, I'm starting to think that that "Why is every one getting banned?" thread that I locked and scoffed at recently is becoming more and more accurate...

I honestly have no clue what happened, and I can't find it, either. Last posts turn up no transgressions except posting a new thread about something that already had a thread, and if we're banning people over that, then we need to ban about half the forum.
« Last Edit: January 22, 2006, 09:04:49 PM by Insane Steve »
~I.S.~

« Reply #259 on: January 22, 2006, 09:08:13 PM »
I think it was a cruel joke or something. Or mabey the same think happened as with Jin.

Insane Steve

• Professional Cynic
« Reply #260 on: January 22, 2006, 09:11:22 PM »
I think it was a cruel joke or something. Or mabey the same think happened as with Jin.

People will never be given the exact Custom Title of "Banned" if they're really not banned; no one does that for "the heck of it"  (you watch, now it'll happen. XP)
Yes, he was banned, and if you actually read the posts around here, it'll be obvious why he was.

That throws out the joke theory.
~I.S.~

« Reply #261 on: January 22, 2006, 09:22:27 PM »
But, don't all of the mods and admins discuss these types of things first? I'm surprised that even you don't know.

« Reply #262 on: January 22, 2006, 09:25:25 PM »
That surprises me too. I always thought the mods and Admins discussed these kinds of things first before doing them.

I just researched Mr.Melee's last posts and one of them said something about Sapph threatning to ban him for posting too much in a PM but that doesn't sound right.
As a game that requires six friends, an HDTV, and skill, I can see why the majority of TMK is going to hate on it hard.

« Reply #263 on: January 22, 2006, 09:30:06 PM »
[I am not stupid] Maybe I am taking things a little serious; its just that I got a PM from a mod saying Sapph was gonna ban me for posting too much.

« Reply #264 on: January 22, 2006, 09:46:53 PM »
This was posted on the first page of this topic in the beginning.

NO, posting for the sake of raising post count will get you banned.

Hmmm....

« Reply #265 on: January 22, 2006, 09:57:48 PM »
Ah, that was back in my newbish time, but I don't like looking at past subjects like that.
I'm a horrible person.

BP

• Beside Pacific
« Reply #266 on: January 22, 2006, 10:00:02 PM »
Mr. Melee's posts had meanings, though, right? Aside from Mario Word Association and Endless RSP, His posts were legitamately long, and weren't a waste of time. I heard there's something called a temporary ban. I'm for the return of Mr.Melee.
All your dreeeeeeams begiiin to shatterrrrrr~
It's YOUR problem!

« Reply #267 on: January 22, 2006, 10:01:47 PM »
Nobody so far has anything against him.

If he does come back, at least he'll know that he's loved. :)

Insane Steve

• Professional Cynic
« Reply #268 on: January 22, 2006, 10:02:12 PM »
Mr. Melee has made fewer than one page of posts today. None of which appear all that spammish or "++" ish* at all.

I am almost always excluded from Mod+ discussions here. I'm not sure if Suffix/Fifth/Luigison also fall into this category. Maybe it's just due to my laptop not loading Java chat panes and my refusal to download mIRC. I don't know. I've been feeling excluded a lot (in real life) recently, so that may have something to do with this insight, also. No, I'm not going emo, and let's try not to turn this into a psychiatrist thread (that is, just drop this topic).

Also, if Mr. Melee was actually banning for psuedo-post spamming... I think I'll stop posting on this thread, lest I get banned, also.

* "++" is a way of denoting a post made solely to raise post count, if that purpose is cognatively realised by its author.
~I.S.~

« Reply #269 on: January 22, 2006, 10:04:43 PM »
Even if that is the reason, it's not hurting anybody.

Print