Print

Author Topic: Scary Stories!  (Read 5801 times)

Markio

• Normal
« on: April 23, 2004, 10:47:39 PM »
Basically, post a scary story you know.  But just one a post.  I know two good ones, but I'm saving one for a little later.  Here's one most people probably already know:

In the outskirts of a dark empty town, there was a large, dark forest that was almost impossible to find your way out of.  In the forest, there was a large mansion.  The mansion had many rooms, but one in particular was different:  the dark, small bathroom.  In the bathroom, there was also a changing room, which contained a single item of clothing: a tuxedo.  In the front pocket of the tuxedo was a small, red box.  And inside that box was........ a JELLYBEAN!!

A day without sunshine is like night.
"Hello Kitty is cool, but I like Keroppi the best."

« Reply #1 on: April 24, 2004, 05:18:39 PM »
Whoosh!
That one went right over my head.

I might be Sadib...
"At Dukar, we place our emphasis on serving you, supporting
you, and helping you be as successful as possible."

Markio

• Normal
« Reply #2 on: April 24, 2004, 09:47:09 PM »
Sadly, I don't know what that phrase means...

« Reply #3 on: April 24, 2004, 10:58:21 PM »
The suspense was built up through the story, ending in an ironic comedic candy-bean.

There once was a ghost
he went to a roast
there he had toast
then he could boast
about the roast and the toast
The host with the most,
who wasn't quite gross
cut the ghost off from toast
so the rest of the roast
could eat toast and boast
so sadly the ghost
whent home from the roast
unable to boast
for a great lack of toast
had befallen the ghost.

Let me away from this boulder!
Let me away from this boulder!

« Reply #4 on: April 25, 2004, 10:06:31 AM »
wow,the ghost,the boast,the toast,the roast...good post. haha! get it? roast,post? ahahahah!!!

(insert signature here)

« Reply #5 on: April 25, 2004, 06:54:09 PM »
Ohohohohooooooooo.
Now I get it.
Sorry 'bout that.

Lemme see...

There was a woman driving home from a relative's house one night, on a long, little used, country road.
It was about midnight, full moon, ect. All the wonderful things that make a night scare the crap out of you were present and accounted for.
It was reaaallly getting creepy.
So the woman did what any human being would do. She turned on the radio. There's nothing like the radio to make you feel like you aren't alone on a road with almost no other cars on it.
But the music was interrupted by an anouncement.
"We interrupt your program to warn those in the area that an insane man has escaped from the Hudson Asylum. This man was reportedly last seen on a long, little used, country road. We are told that his latest victim was killed with an axe. If you see this man, call the authorities immediately."
The woman switched the radio off.
It was bout at this time, that another car came up behind her. It turned its hi-beams on for about ten seconds.
The woman sped up, trying to get away from the car.
The car behind her sped up as well.
The woman kept driving. The car behind her kept getting ridiculously close and turning it's hi-beams on.
Finally, the woman stopped her car and got out. Don't ask me why, I don't know.
The man in the car behind her got and approached her. She was too petrified to move.
The man held an axe in his hands.
He came closer and closer to her.
"What do you want!?" she finally screamed, on the verge of tears.
"I'm trying to protect you from the man with the axe in the back seat of your car."

I might be Sadib...
"At Dukar, we place our emphasis on serving you, supporting
you, and helping you be as successful as possible."

« Reply #6 on: April 25, 2004, 07:01:26 PM »
Have you ever noticed how every woman in her pajamas in the middle of the night in a horror movie always trips and falls and the murderer/ghost/etc catches her?

Bozone, n.:
The layer of gas surrounding a person which prevents good ideas from penetrating.
Diplomacy is the art of saying "Nice doggy" until you can find a rock.

Markio

• Normal
« Reply #7 on: April 25, 2004, 10:39:43 PM »
I've heard a version of that story, Screech.  Another story is about a couple sitting in their car, and the radio says a killer escaped from prison with a hook for a hand, so the girlfriend convinces the guy to leave, because the prison is nearby, so they do, but the girlfriend hears scratches on her car door as they're leaving, but the noise goes away, and when they get to their house, and the boyfriend goes around the car to open the girlfriend's door, there's a hook on the handle.  FREAKY!

« Reply #8 on: April 26, 2004, 09:42:42 PM »
This short story is an excerpt taken from the book The Thing at the Foot of the Bed and Other Scary Tales by Maria Leach.

The Golden Arm

Once there was a man had a woman for a wife named Elvira, and this woman had a golden arm. She was awful proud of it. It was solid shining gold from the shoulder clear down to the nail of her little finger. She liked it even better than the real one.
Every night when she went to bed she used to say to her husband, "If I die first, promise to bury me with my golden arm."
"Yes, Elviry, I promise," the man would say, night after night after night.
Well, it happened that the woman got sick and died. The man buried her and her golden arm along with her, just as he promised.
But after a while he began to think about it. He began to think about what he could do with all that gold. It seemed a shame for it just to lie there in the ground. He began to want the golden arm. And the more he thought about it, the more he wanted it.
So one dark night in the middle of the night he decided to go get it. He put on his long dark coat and he lighted his lantern and he went trudging through the cold dark lanes till he came to the graveyard. And he dug up Elvira and took the golden arm.
He tucked it under his long coat and started back home. On the way home it started to rain, hail, snow, and blow. But he didn't think anything of that. He got home all right.
When he got home he didn't know where to hide the golden arm, so he pushed it under the covers of the bed. The he jumped into bed himself and shivered and shook. He couldn't get warm because the golden arm was cold as ice.
And the wind rose and he heard a voice wailing

W-H-E-E-R-E'-S M-Y G-O-O-L-D-E-N A-A-A-R-M?

The man pulled the covers up over his head so he couldn't hear it. But he heard it just the same.
He heard it coming down the road. It was crying in the road

W-H-E-E-R-E'-S M-Y

and on the porch

G-O-O-L-D-E-N

and at the door

A-A-A-R-M?

And the wind howled over the top of the door

W-H-E-E-R-E'-S M-Y G-O-O-L-D-E-N A-A-A-R-M?

The man shivered and shook under the covers. Then he peeked out.

And he saw it.
It was by the bed.
And--it pounced

YOU'VE GOT IT!

There is another version of this story, though. Instead it involves a toe instead of an arm.

Si las paredes podrían hablar, podría perforar los agujeros en ellas así que cerrarían el infierno para arriba.

Markio

• Normal
« Reply #9 on: April 26, 2004, 10:25:31 PM »
Time for the best scary story in the world!  It's not true, but try to pretend it is:

This boy in my class, named Andy, has to stay after school in extended care everyday until six o' clock.  Then, he make the long trip home.
At night.
In the dark.
Every evening, as the sky gradually darkened while he was walking home, he felt strange.  As if someone was following him.  He'd turn around and look everywhere, but he wouldn't see anyone.  But he would always have that strange feeling as he walked.
Every evening he felt like the person following him was getting closer and closer.  Then one night, the person felt so close, he could almost hear something breathing on his neck.  He got creeped out and broke into a run.  He was getting closer to his front door... almost there...  he began to reach out his arm to grab the door knob to open it.    Suddenly, he fell; he had tripped over something.  He looked behind and saw a small package  with his name on it.  He grabbed it, turned around, and ran into his house.  He ran up the stairs to his room.  The house was silent, so his parents and two sisters must have gone somewhere.  He ran into his room, and locked the door.  He put the package on his desk and opened it.
Inside the box was a small stack of photos.  The photos showed pictures of spots between school and his house.  As he went through the photos, it showed a spot closer and closer to his house.  He got to the last photo.  It was a picture of his bedroom door.
Andy was really creeped out now.  He went up on to his bunk bed and pulled the covers over him (He has bunk beds but doesn't share a room).  There was a noise in the back of his head, but he tried to ignore it.  The noise got louder, and he realized it was the sound of his closet door opening.....  he slowly looked over the side of his bed..... and he saw an icy hand gripping the closet door!  Suddenly, the closet door was flung open, the  lihgts turned on, and-- Surprise!!  Happy Birthday Andy!!  It was all his friends!  What a relief!  THE END.

I came up with that story myself.  By the way, the golden arm story, the end wasn't very clear.  What happened?

« Reply #10 on: April 28, 2004, 04:38:23 PM »
The ending is supposed to make people jump. The ghost of Elvira attacked the man, for he had her golden arm.

Si las paredes podrían hablar, podría perforar los agujeros en ellas así que cerrarían el infierno para arriba.

Forest Guy

• Anything else?
« Reply #11 on: April 29, 2004, 02:37:44 PM »
I have a scary story for you...

One day in California in 1989, a boy named Jon was born.

There, if that doesn't make you wet your pants, nothing will.

I fear nothing.

Markio

• Normal
« Reply #12 on: April 29, 2004, 04:55:08 PM »
Meowrik, here's a story.  When I was little, there was this one kid in my class who I could not stand.  He made me cry, laughed when I did bad at something, and a whole other jerky stuff.  So I would tell my older siblings how I didn't like him.  OVER AND OVER.  So whenever I talked about how i didn't like him, my older siblings would say things like "Dude, you're like obsessed with him." or "I think you're in LOVE with him, because you talk about him too much."  They made me mad, but I learned that when I don't like someone, I should keep it to myself and not torture others about what they already know.  I was eight when I learned this.  You're fifteen.  Grow Up.

Forest Guy

• Anything else?
« Reply #13 on: April 29, 2004, 09:09:39 PM »
Jeeze, I was only joking, Markio. Grow down.

Markio

• Normal
« Reply #14 on: April 29, 2004, 09:49:02 PM »
Sorry, bad day.  People kept waking me up during lunch and then during class.

Print