Print

Author Topic: It would be awesome if...  (Read 8462 times)

ShadowBrain

• Ridiculously relevant
« Reply #15 on: June 23, 2007, 05:53:41 PM »
What I want to see--regardless of its frivolity--is OoT and MM remade with TP graphics.
"Mario is your oyster." ~The Chef

BP

• Beside Pacific
« Reply #16 on: June 24, 2007, 01:21:54 AM »
That'd be excellent. I'd buy it. Them, even, if they weren't on the same disc. It's too easy... Nintendo would make a killing.
ORK! But, the Wii Twilight Princess control scheme calls for a right-handed Link. Would the games undergo the same mirroring done to Twilight Princess to "make the environment work easily for right handed people?" I  don't really see how it makes a difference, but Miyamoto knows best...
All your dreeeeeeams begiiin to shatterrrrrr~
It's YOUR problem!

ShadowBrain

• Ridiculously relevant
« Reply #17 on: June 24, 2007, 09:29:35 AM »
Well, it could be a downloadable VC thing for the Classic Controller... though flipping might make it even more original and cool...

Glorb

• Banned
« Reply #18 on: June 24, 2007, 09:41:16 AM »
I think that Nintendo should release some really uber-awesome Zelda game on the GBA. Y'know, just to surprise people.
every

ShadowBrain

• Ridiculously relevant
« Reply #19 on: June 24, 2007, 10:02:36 AM »
Six words: 3-D remakes of 2-D Zelda games.

BP

• Beside Pacific
« Reply #20 on: June 25, 2007, 03:33:52 AM »
Now that, I'd like. I just can't get the hang of the 2-D titles--it's like, sometimes the shield works and when you need it to work most it betrays you. No Z-targeting or other ways for precise aim--I go through countless arrows because that darned evil thing won't stop moving.
-Never made it very far in the original, partially because neither PocketNES or nesDS allow me to save.
-I have a copy of Adventure of Link (gold cartridge, too). When I was able to get it to load... I don't think I have to explain. This was really my first Zelda game, so it discouraged me a bit until I played Ocarina of Time.
-I have A Link to the Past from the Virtual Console, also. I beat the first dungeon and didn't do much afterward. Sigh.
-Never played Link's Awakening or the Oracle games.
-I did, however, get pretty far into The Minish Cap (emulation, yoho) with lots of help from save states and a walkthrough, but I put it down at the beginning of the Palace of the Winds or whatever it was called and never picked it back up. It was all right but the two-button limitation for item usage really bothered me. The idea of shrinking in order to see everything there is to see was neat, though.
-And I've beaten Ocarina of Time, Majora's Mask, and Twilight Princess. The Wind Waker is on hold at the Triforce search. I did use walkthroughs for the N64 titles but only needed two hints for Twilight Princess, one of which doesn't really count.
Conclusion: I don't know why, but I find the 3-D Zelda games to be infinitely more fun and exciting. I would buy 3-D remakes of the 2-D games with little or no hesitation, though. Depending on how much money I've got. ;D
It's YOUR problem!

« Reply #21 on: June 25, 2007, 04:57:10 AM »
So basically your problems are you can't figure out what the shield of Zelda 1 can block, you can't hit things with arrows without auto-aim, Zelda 2 is too hard, you haven't played arguably the best 2D Zelda (Awakening), you need save states and walkthroughs?

lol, sounds like you're really just a n00b. I hear Barbie Horse Adventures is good.

Glorb

• Banned
« Reply #22 on: June 25, 2007, 10:19:18 AM »
Barbie's Horse Adventure is crap. I can't find the rocket launcher, and ShadowBringer, my horse, is too slow. Lame.
every

« Reply #23 on: June 25, 2007, 04:12:46 PM »
Unfortunately Blitz had to remove the rocket launcher at the last moment to get the E-rating.

BP

• Beside Pacific
« Reply #24 on: June 25, 2007, 05:00:32 PM »
Nah, that's not what I'm saying. I can't save at all in the original unless I want to play it on my computer which is no fun. The NES won't even load Adventure of Link. I have A Link to the Past on the Virtual Console but I haven't played in a long time 'cause I got bored of it. I could get the Game Boy ones but haven't. The Minish Cap is the only one for which I used a walkthrough if all we're discussing is why I haven't beaten any 2-D ones.
I got through Twilight Princess with only two hints: the first, I didn't know what to do to melt the ice at Zora's domain, and the second I didn't really find the help I needed but realized, in the midst of looking for a lead, to hang down on the Clawshot. I'd forgotten you could move up and down on it. I got through what I have in The Wind Waker and actually have most of the Triforce Charts with no help. Ocarina of Time, Majora's Mask and The Minish Cap were my first Zelda games.
Am I clear now?
« Last Edit: June 25, 2007, 05:03:42 PM by Bird Person »
It's YOUR problem!

SolidShroom

• Poop Man
« Reply #25 on: June 25, 2007, 05:04:11 PM »
Hmm, I also needed that first hint.

MaxVance

• Vance Vance Revolution
« Reply #26 on: June 26, 2007, 01:09:18 AM »
And I was the one who gave you that hint ("What's a hot place in Hyrule?"). I got it immediately. Strange...
Remember that your first Goomba boldly you walk? When Mario touched that mushroom being brought up more largely remember that you are surprised? Miscalculate your jump that pit remember that it falls?

Koopaslaya

• Kansas
« Reply #27 on: June 26, 2007, 07:19:56 AM »
Hah, you know I got it immediately too, and I never get things like that. The hardest part in Wind Waker for me was realizing that the sense ability is more useful that it appears.
Εὐθύνατε τὴν ὁδὸν Κυρίου

ShadowBrain

• Ridiculously relevant
« Reply #28 on: June 26, 2007, 09:10:14 PM »
Yeah, I had to look up the whole "take-a-rock-from-Goron Mountain-and-plop-it-in-Zora's Domain" thing as well. (I'm doing you poor folks who haven't beaten it by now a favor by spoil-texting that..)

ShadowBringer
I'm going to have a word with that horse...

MaxVance

• Vance Vance Revolution
« Reply #29 on: June 26, 2007, 09:22:01 PM »
ShadowBringer? Who said that?
Remember that your first Goomba boldly you walk? When Mario touched that mushroom being brought up more largely remember that you are surprised? Miscalculate your jump that pit remember that it falls?

Print