Print

Author Topic: When all is said and done...  (Read 16149 times)

CrossEyed7

• i can make this whatever i want; you're not my dad
« Reply #45 on: May 10, 2008, 10:04:27 PM »
Because INTERNET.

"Oh man, I wish being a part of a Mario fan community was the most embarrassing thing about my life." - Super-Jesse

Turtlekid1

• Tortuga
« Reply #46 on: May 11, 2008, 10:12:41 AM »
It actually is a tie between Chrono Trigger and Xenogears. Kirby Super Star is up there, though.

Having never played any of those, I'll stick with KH.
"It'll say life is sacred and so is death
but death is life and so we move on"

SolidShroom

• Poop Man
« Reply #47 on: May 11, 2008, 10:48:00 AM »
* SolidShroom points at his signature

WarpRattler

• Paid by the word
« Reply #48 on: May 11, 2008, 10:55:22 AM »
Turtlekid1 needs to play The World Ends With You immediately if he thinks Kingdom Hearts is the best game ever (both are inferior to Chrono Trigger, though I haven't played Xenogears to know about that).

Glorb

• Banned
« Reply #49 on: May 11, 2008, 01:31:37 PM »
I plan on getting TWEWY. The last decent RPG I played was never, and since that's my opinion, I'm thinking I need to play more RPGs, starting with said game.
every

Turtlekid1

• Tortuga
« Reply #50 on: May 11, 2008, 01:34:35 PM »
Before I get anything else, MKWii takes priority.
"It'll say life is sacred and so is death
but death is life and so we move on"

CrossEyed7

« Reply #51 on: May 11, 2008, 02:06:27 PM »
Is it meant to be pronounced "The World Ends With You" or "The World Ends With You"? I can't buy it until I know.
"Oh man, I wish being a part of a Mario fan community was the most embarrassing thing about my life." - Super-Jesse

Glorb

• Banned
« Reply #52 on: May 11, 2008, 02:15:29 PM »
It's pronounced:

CLERK: Hello, welcome to GameStop. What would you like to buy?
ME: THE WORLD ENDS WITH YOU!!
CLERK: Oh mah gawd!
every

CrossEyed7

« Reply #53 on: May 11, 2008, 02:16:16 PM »
They should make a game called "I'm Going To Kill You". That would work on so many levels.

ShadowBrain

• Ridiculously relevant
« Reply #54 on: May 11, 2008, 05:20:09 PM »
Is it meant to be pronounced "The World Ends With You" or "The World Ends With You"? I can't buy it until I know.
On a similar note, what inflection is meant to accompany the pronounciation of Just Cause? Is it as in "this is a just cause" or "Why'd you do that?" "Just 'cause." ? I figure it's a double-entendre.

Hey, I've been going with The World Ends With YOU, but The World Ends WITH You actually has a cool philosophical ring to it... like, when you die, the world basically ends (for you).
"Mario is your oyster." ~The Chef

WarpRattler

• Paid by the word
« Reply #55 on: May 11, 2008, 06:24:12 PM »
The World Ends With You. Makes a lot more sense when you actually play the game. Also, everyone you play as in the game is dead and trying to win back their life by playing the Reaper's Game, so pronouncing it the other way doesn't make sense.

« Reply #56 on: May 12, 2008, 01:03:08 AM »
Well either way, it's still a lot better than "It's a Wonderful World".
CURSE YOU... SOMEBODY!

Glorb

• Banned
« Reply #57 on: May 12, 2008, 02:21:59 PM »
I pronounce TWEWY kind of flat, without any emphasis, like I do with any sentence-like title. Speaking of which, how are you supposed to pronounce "Monster Kingdom Jewel Summoner"? I mean, at least not without a degree of embarassment.
every

ShadowBrain

• Ridiculously relevant
« Reply #58 on: May 12, 2008, 06:35:34 PM »
Maybe there should be a thread for this...
"Mario is your oyster." ~The Chef

« Reply #59 on: May 13, 2008, 12:02:17 AM »
I pronounce TWEWY kind of flat, without any emphasis, like I do with any sentence-like title. Speaking of which, how are you supposed to pronounce "Monster Kingdom Jewel Summoner"? I mean, at least not without a degree of embarassment.
I'd just pronounce the acronym. Twoo-whee. Wuve, twue wuve... actually, I might pronounce it The World ENDS With You. But it's a lame title anyway. Which makes it funny.

uh, Monster Kingdom Jewel Summoner? No clue. Er, Smash Bros. Melee went through my mind... Mon-ster-king-dom JEEEEEEEEEEEEWEL SUMMONEEEEEEERRRRR!!!
I'd just say "Monster Kingdom", "Monster Kingdom blah-blah-blah", or the acronym MKJS.

MKJS... Mortal Kombat: Johnny's Screwed. You know, Johnny Cage, he... yeah, whatever.
You didn't say wot wot.

Print