Print

Author Topic: Project Needlemouse  (Read 14729 times)

ShadowBrain

• Ridiculously relevant
« on: September 10, 2009, 09:40:48 AM »
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lxwdVwtbnHM

WHOO! Let's hope they don't eff this one up.
"Mario is your oyster." ~The Chef

Glorb

• Banned
« Reply #1 on: September 10, 2009, 01:34:42 PM »
I went into flashback mode when I heard the Saaay Guuuh.
every

TEM

• THE SOVIET'S MOST DANGEROUS PUZZLE.
« Reply #2 on: September 10, 2009, 02:40:06 PM »
Seems like SEGA is going to press the REHASH button in 2010.

« Reply #3 on: September 10, 2009, 02:42:56 PM »
More accurately, they're going to be pressing the NSMB button.
YYur  waYur n beYur you Yur plusYur instYur an Yur Yur whaYur

« Reply #4 on: September 10, 2009, 02:51:09 PM »
More accurately, they're going to be pressing the NSMB button.

My thoughts exactly.
If she is indeed genetically mutated such that she has an eye in the back of her head, then I guess that she is genetically mutated and has an eye in the back of her head.

« Reply #5 on: September 10, 2009, 03:25:28 PM »
Hmm... This looks...

...well, actually, I'm not really sure what to think.
« Last Edit: January 09, 2010, 03:50:12 PM by Dr. Echidna »

Tv_Themes

• Voted off the island
« Reply #6 on: September 10, 2009, 03:55:34 PM »
This is the most poorest attempt at giving a video game a code name since...

Pong.
Unless you are cloned, you do not need to look like a midget version of your dad. Okay Bowser Jr.?

Chupperson Weird

• Not interested.
« Reply #7 on: September 10, 2009, 06:14:23 PM »
Pong wasn't a codename.
That was a joke.

SolidShroom

• Poop Man
« Reply #8 on: September 10, 2009, 07:08:10 PM »
Seems like SEGA is going to press the REHASH button in 2010.
Because pushing the INNOVATE button has worked out for them in the past 8 or so years?

« Reply #9 on: September 10, 2009, 07:21:08 PM »
Hmm... This looks promising...

and that's how the cycle always starts.

At the very least, being in 2D should hopefully keep them away from any stupid gimmicks, and sinc eits most likely going to be a downloadable title, there'll probably be a demo to prevent wasting money on this.
As a game that requires six friends, an HDTV, and skill, I can see why the majority of TMK is going to hate on it hard.

« Reply #10 on: September 11, 2009, 11:08:08 AM »
It's going to suck.
Luigison: Question everything!
Me: Why?

« Reply #11 on: September 11, 2009, 02:40:51 PM »
It's going to suck.

Isn't it a bit early to start saying things about this? I mean, all we saw was a short teaser trailer, and it really didn't say much.
« Last Edit: January 09, 2010, 03:46:45 PM by Dr. Echidna »

« Reply #12 on: September 11, 2009, 03:02:14 PM »
Seriously...   ...It doesn't even have a name yet, and the only things we know about it are:   It's 2D, and it isn't going to exist until a year from now...

Noticed the PaperWaluigi.

Anyway, it's going to suck. The last six Sonic games (Sonic Heroes, Shadow the Hedgehog, Sonic 2006, Sonic and the Secret Rings, Sonic and the Black Knight, Sonic Unleashed) have fallen prey to mediocre gameplay/characters/graphics/etc. Is it really worth it to get fooled again? Observe this cycle:

« Last Edit: September 11, 2009, 03:46:26 PM by PaperLuigi »

« Reply #13 on: September 11, 2009, 04:05:05 PM »
« Last Edit: September 11, 2009, 04:09:15 PM by Dr. Echidna »

« Reply #14 on: September 11, 2009, 04:18:02 PM »
You're the one who thinks it "looks promising" based on...what, a few words in a YouTube video?

Also, I'm guessing you enjoyed the last few Sonic games.
« Last Edit: September 11, 2009, 04:21:18 PM by PaperLuigi »

Trainman

• Bob-Omg
« Reply #15 on: September 11, 2009, 04:23:45 PM »
WHOO! Let's hope they don't eff this one up.

ShadowBrain seems to be falling into the first part of the Sonic Cycle.
Formerly quite reasonable.

« Reply #16 on: September 11, 2009, 05:23:51 PM »
...Also, I'm guessing you enjoyed the last few Sonic games.

I don't own any recent Sonic games, so I'm not sure how you came up with that.
« Last Edit: January 09, 2010, 04:09:48 PM by Dr. Echidna »

CrossEyed7

• i can make this whatever i want; you're not my dad
« Reply #17 on: September 11, 2009, 05:43:32 PM »
I will maintain until the day I die that Sonic Heroes was actually pretty okay.
"Oh man, I wish being a part of a Mario fan community was the most embarrassing thing about my life." - Super-Jesse

Black Mage

• HP 1018 MP 685
« Reply #18 on: September 11, 2009, 06:35:42 PM »
And you will be wrong until the day you die.

TEM

« Reply #19 on: September 11, 2009, 06:58:43 PM »
BLACK MAGE used ANNOYING PARTIAL PHRASE MIMIC ATTACK

Turtlekid1

• Tortuga
« Reply #20 on: September 11, 2009, 07:00:31 PM »
I will maintain until the day I die that Sonic Heroes was actually pretty okay.

So was Shadow, if you ignore Sega ruining the character with guns and a foul mouth.
"It'll say life is sacred and so is death
but death is life and so we move on"

« Reply #21 on: September 11, 2009, 08:22:29 PM »
Sheesh, there's no need to be such a jerk to me... Anyway, I'll just leave now, goodbye... jerk...

Tv_Themes

• Voted off the island
« Reply #22 on: September 11, 2009, 11:21:55 PM »
So was Shadow, if you ignore Sega ruining the character with guns and a foul mouth.

o_O

Foul mouth? News to me.
Unless you are cloned, you do not need to look like a midget version of your dad. Okay Bowser Jr.?

CrossEyed7

• i can make this whatever i want; you're not my dad
« Reply #23 on: September 11, 2009, 11:27:54 PM »
"Oh man, I wish being a part of a Mario fan community was the most embarrassing thing about my life." - Super-Jesse

« Reply #24 on: September 11, 2009, 11:29:15 PM »
Hot [darn]!

SolidShroom

• Poop Man
« Reply #25 on: September 12, 2009, 07:00:41 AM »
This Sonic game could probably be bad, but let's just look at the basics. Even with the stupid characters and stuff, the Sonic Advance games were pretty decent. 2-D Sonic is a tried and true formula that practically always equals mediocre success.

ShadowBrain

• Ridiculously relevant
« Reply #26 on: September 12, 2009, 07:53:23 AM »
Yeah, yeah, I know about the cycle. I really do think this could be an exception, though, because it's not 3D. You know me, though--I'll be the first one to call it out if anything sucks in the slightest.

Reading

• is FUNdamental
« Reply #27 on: September 12, 2009, 08:25:45 AM »
Interesting...I'm not really into Sonic right now, but this seems like a neat idea. I have faith, but I'm not going to say for sure if this will be good; I don't share "mainstream" opinions about Sonic, but his recent games have still been hits-and-misses for me, and just because it's 2D isn't a guarantee of quality (Sonic Advance 2 is my least favorite Sonic game of all time, although 1 and 3 were good). The new concept behind the whole thing, though, sounds promising.

Why don't I post my thoughts on each of the six games PaperLuigi posted, to give you an idea of where Sonic stands with me (these are just my opinions)...

Sonic Heroes - I honestly don't like Heroes at all. The "team" gameplay is sort of hard to get a feel for, and the levels are sort of dull and linear.

Shadow the Hedgehog - I've only played two levels of this game, but from what I saw, it seemed like a pretty decent game with some major flaws.

Sonic 2006 - This one's great if you ask me. Fun Sonic Adventure-style gameplay, creative and platforming-heavy stages, and an epic (if rushed) storyline.

Sonic and the Secret Rings - Also great. It had a nice feel to it, and the gameplay with the Wii Remote was fun.

Sonic Unleashed - Meh. The Werehog levels are sort of fun, but the Sonic levels don't really have anything going for them besides "hold button to win". The last three or so are genuinely challenging and fun, though.

Sonic and the Black Knight - It's decent while it lasts, but the game is just too short, and it's not really enjoyable enough to get into it besides completing the main story.

So, Sonic's had his ups and downs as far as I'm concerned. I don't have an opinion on the state of the franchise. I just hope for the best.

Also,

We went to see them for the first time in 5 years because they were going away for 3 years.

Turtlekid1

• Tortuga
« Reply #28 on: September 12, 2009, 10:07:38 AM »
I lost.
"It'll say life is sacred and so is death
but death is life and so we move on"

« Reply #29 on: September 12, 2009, 10:37:25 AM »
I lost too. That almost works with the codename too.

Hey, where'd that bawww rabbit come from, anyway?
You didn't say wot wot.

« Reply #30 on: September 12, 2009, 10:51:27 AM »
Hell if I know.

WarpRattler

• Paid by the word
« Reply #31 on: September 12, 2009, 10:52:57 AM »
From what I understand, it's from a really bad babyfur comic that was posted on /b/ a long time ago.

« Reply #32 on: September 12, 2009, 01:27:06 PM »
I would totally play a game as Pikachu wearing a sombrero.

Was it ever confirmed if that babyfur comic was a huge joke comic or the real deal?
As a game that requires six friends, an HDTV, and skill, I can see why the majority of TMK is going to hate on it hard.

« Reply #33 on: September 12, 2009, 01:52:58 PM »
Apparently, it's from an ongoing erotic gay babyfur comic series entitled Incontinent Student Bodies, which chronicles the homosexual exploits of a class of daiper-clad anthromorphic teenage woodland creatures. Locating that information has been, and will be, the only instance of me ever visiting WikiFur. Ever.

« Reply #34 on: September 12, 2009, 02:19:52 PM »
Too much information, forget I ever asked...

From a quick glance at Encyclopedia Dramatica's article on it, it sounds like something so horrible that it's an effective weapon against trolls. I find it hard to believe such a weapon exists, but if it works, good. I have to say, I'm enjoying the little topic-thread image on the article where people are pretty much giving up on life in droves after seeing it, that of all the perverted stuff out there, this one thing scars them the most. I guess bawww would refer to anyone's reaction at seeing said comic, reduced to a quivering babyfur mass of... okay, back to Needlemouse.

You know, one of the Let's Play guys said that Pulirula was basically 4Chan: The Game. Well, now it isn't complete without the babyfur thing.
« Last Edit: September 12, 2009, 02:31:54 PM by penguinwizard »
You didn't say wot wot.

ShadowBrain

• Ridiculously relevant
« Reply #35 on: September 12, 2009, 03:33:15 PM »
Two things:

--Yes, I lost to Pikachu in a Sombrero.

--Man, there's a lot of people editing their posts here.

« Reply #36 on: September 12, 2009, 03:33:31 PM »
What the hell is a babyfur?

« Reply #37 on: September 12, 2009, 06:18:29 PM »
To define it as best I can without going to WikiFur again, babyfur could be described as the sick, Godforsaken combination of furry culture and lolicon. Anyone who partakes in its creation or proliferation should be eliminated with extreme prejudice.

TL;DR: Imagine Arthur and Buster making out.
« Last Edit: September 12, 2009, 06:22:39 PM by Weegee »

Glorb

• Banned
« Reply #38 on: September 12, 2009, 06:49:16 PM »
Weegee, I would never want to eliminate you with any amount of prejudice.
every

« Reply #39 on: September 12, 2009, 06:56:05 PM »
That was the most romantic thing anyone has ever said to me.

Glorb

• Banned
« Reply #40 on: September 12, 2009, 07:00:09 PM »
I can totally imagine that being true.
every

« Reply #41 on: September 12, 2009, 10:18:29 PM »
To define it as best I can without going to WikiFur again, babyfur could be described as the sick, Godforsaken combination of furry culture and lolicon. Anyone who partakes in its creation or proliferation should be eliminated with extreme prejudice.

I thought babyfur was a teenager/adult furry acting like (and possibly regressing to) a baby.

I don't think Arthur and Buster making out is quite horrible enough to be a decent comparison.

Oh and Luigi, I know from experience that, if you actively look out for the stuff, this little thing ruining part of your childhood is just the beginning. No, every piece of your childhood can and has been defiled.
« Last Edit: September 12, 2009, 10:26:11 PM by penguinwizard »
You didn't say wot wot.

« Reply #42 on: September 12, 2009, 10:22:50 PM »

And lo, the image of Buster and Arthur making out was forever burned into PaperLuigi's now-insane mind.

« Reply #43 on: September 12, 2009, 10:26:51 PM »
Actually, editing posts minutes after they're posted seems to be the norm here. But it's always funny when it happens to somebody else.

In an earlier edit of mine, I thought a better comparison would have been Buster making out with young Thumper and Flower from "Bambi". Now that I think about it that's not a better comparison... but regardless... you know, I should just shut up.
« Last Edit: September 12, 2009, 10:31:40 PM by penguinwizard »
You didn't say wot wot.

« Reply #44 on: September 12, 2009, 10:28:41 PM »
Oh and Luigi, I know from experience that, if you actively look out for the stuff, this little thing ruining part of your childhood is just the beginning. No, every piece of your childhood can and has been defiled.

You are the first forum member to call me Luigi. Ever. And I've been here for four years.

« Reply #45 on: September 12, 2009, 10:32:45 PM »
I didn't intend for tonight to be a profound moment for someone here, but I'll take what I can get.

Wonder if Sega will hire the guys who started work on a hi-def version of Sonic the Hedgehog. ...that's all I've got for back on topic.
You didn't say wot wot.

« Reply #46 on: September 12, 2009, 10:34:57 PM »
I've been to Encyclopedia Dramatica's "offended" page. The "Arthur kissing Buster" thing was just that. One more thing burned into my mind.

DO NOT GO TO OFFENDED ON DRAMATICA YOU HAVE BEEN WARNED.

EDIT: Actually, just don't go to Encyclopedia Dramatica.
« Last Edit: September 12, 2009, 10:36:39 PM by PaperLuigi »

« Reply #47 on: September 12, 2009, 10:40:59 PM »
This thread certainly has proved one thing.

All Sonic discussion eventually regresses to talks of furry. That's practically the reason the series continues to survive like this.

« Reply #48 on: September 12, 2009, 10:48:43 PM »
It probably helps that there's a million pictures on there so a person will be even more likely to leave after just a few of them load. Reducing the time of running away in horror from 10 seconds to 2 seconds. I just couldn't take it.

But I've seen Tauntauns defiled, man. Tauntauns.

I guess in the end most topics will derail to one thing or another. Furries, Godwin's Law, racist comments, the speed of an unladened African swallow or however it goes (I should just say "parrot pining for the fjords"), or baby penguins are brown.

I wouldn't mind seeing a Sonic game incorporating characters from Sonic SatAM though. That show was actually good. But a game of nothing but Dulcy the dragon would be stab-eye-worthy.

EDIT: Another reason the series exists: So the Sonic Cycle image remains relevant and we still have something to wail on. I don't know why people don't like Tails, I liked him just fine.

EDIT 2: Well, I found this at least:
« Last Edit: September 12, 2009, 10:52:54 PM by penguinwizard »
You didn't say wot wot.

« Reply #49 on: September 12, 2009, 10:58:02 PM »
In a perfect world, Sonic's new friends would've stopped once Tails, Knuckles and Amy had been established. But alas, even the silhouette of this new title's logo beckons the existence of at least one unneeded new character.

EDIT 2: Well, I found this at least

Was that really necessary? Besides, simply Googling "Arthur rule 34" will give you more than enough mindrape for one night.
« Last Edit: September 12, 2009, 11:00:51 PM by Weegee »

Tv_Themes

• Voted off the island
« Reply #50 on: September 13, 2009, 02:06:42 PM »
The characters in Arthur had the stupidest eyes I have ever seen.

TEM

« Reply #51 on: September 13, 2009, 10:36:56 PM »
I hate this thread.

ShadowBrain

• Ridiculously relevant
« Reply #52 on: September 14, 2009, 07:06:23 AM »
I think if you just stopped posting on it, that would speak for itself...

Glorb

• Banned
« Reply #53 on: September 14, 2009, 01:31:10 PM »
I love this thread.
every

Reading

• is FUNdamental
« Reply #54 on: September 14, 2009, 02:10:39 PM »
The reason the thread spun off into this is because of that rabbit picture PaperLuigi posted, actually, not Sonic games in and of themselves. I don't know if the reason he posted it was because this is a Sonic thread or not, but the fact remains. :P (No offense or anything!)
We went to see them for the first time in 5 years because they were going away for 3 years.

Glorb

• Banned
« Reply #55 on: September 14, 2009, 02:11:44 PM »
TEM's just trying to be clever, don't worry.
every

« Reply #56 on: September 14, 2009, 03:07:24 PM »
I don't know if the reason he posted it was because this is a Sonic thread or not, but the fact remains. :P (No offense or anything!)

I posted it because Dr. Echidna was being a baby.

« Reply #57 on: September 14, 2009, 05:45:00 PM »
Was I?
« Last Edit: January 09, 2010, 04:12:04 PM by Dr. Echidna »

« Reply #58 on: September 14, 2009, 08:28:37 PM »
Yes, I know you're still here. No, we're not enemies.

EDIT: Enemies on a forum board? Give me a break.
« Last Edit: September 14, 2009, 08:30:22 PM by PaperLuigi »

Tv_Themes

• Voted off the island
« Reply #59 on: September 14, 2009, 10:38:37 PM »
ITT

- Sonic Cycle
- Pikachu in a Sombrero
- BAAAAW Rabbits
- The Hoover Dam
- Arthur and Buster
« Last Edit: September 14, 2009, 10:43:02 PM by Tv_Themes »

ShadowBrain

• Ridiculously relevant
« Reply #60 on: September 15, 2009, 07:02:11 AM »
I've never liked the phrase "ITT". I always think for a second it's referring to that one technical college.

Print