Print

Author Topic: Project Needlemouse  (Read 14725 times)

Trainman

• Bob-Omg
« Reply #15 on: September 11, 2009, 04:23:45 PM »
WHOO! Let's hope they don't eff this one up.

ShadowBrain seems to be falling into the first part of the Sonic Cycle.
Formerly quite reasonable.

« Reply #16 on: September 11, 2009, 05:23:51 PM »
...Also, I'm guessing you enjoyed the last few Sonic games.

I don't own any recent Sonic games, so I'm not sure how you came up with that.
« Last Edit: January 09, 2010, 04:09:48 PM by Dr. Echidna »

CrossEyed7

• i can make this whatever i want; you're not my dad
« Reply #17 on: September 11, 2009, 05:43:32 PM »
I will maintain until the day I die that Sonic Heroes was actually pretty okay.
"Oh man, I wish being a part of a Mario fan community was the most embarrassing thing about my life." - Super-Jesse

Black Mage

• HP 1018 MP 685
« Reply #18 on: September 11, 2009, 06:35:42 PM »
And you will be wrong until the day you die.

TEM

• THE SOVIET'S MOST DANGEROUS PUZZLE.
« Reply #19 on: September 11, 2009, 06:58:43 PM »
BLACK MAGE used ANNOYING PARTIAL PHRASE MIMIC ATTACK

Turtlekid1

• Tortuga
« Reply #20 on: September 11, 2009, 07:00:31 PM »
I will maintain until the day I die that Sonic Heroes was actually pretty okay.

So was Shadow, if you ignore Sega ruining the character with guns and a foul mouth.
"It'll say life is sacred and so is death
but death is life and so we move on"

« Reply #21 on: September 11, 2009, 08:22:29 PM »
Sheesh, there's no need to be such a jerk to me... Anyway, I'll just leave now, goodbye... jerk...

Luigison: Question everything!
Me: Why?

Tv_Themes

• Voted off the island
« Reply #22 on: September 11, 2009, 11:21:55 PM »
So was Shadow, if you ignore Sega ruining the character with guns and a foul mouth.

o_O

Foul mouth? News to me.
Unless you are cloned, you do not need to look like a midget version of your dad. Okay Bowser Jr.?

CrossEyed7

• i can make this whatever i want; you're not my dad
« Reply #23 on: September 11, 2009, 11:27:54 PM »
"Oh man, I wish being a part of a Mario fan community was the most embarrassing thing about my life." - Super-Jesse

« Reply #24 on: September 11, 2009, 11:29:15 PM »
Hot [darn]!
YYur  waYur n beYur you Yur plusYur instYur an Yur Yur whaYur

SolidShroom

• Poop Man
« Reply #25 on: September 12, 2009, 07:00:41 AM »
This Sonic game could probably be bad, but let's just look at the basics. Even with the stupid characters and stuff, the Sonic Advance games were pretty decent. 2-D Sonic is a tried and true formula that practically always equals mediocre success.

ShadowBrain

• Ridiculously relevant
« Reply #26 on: September 12, 2009, 07:53:23 AM »
Yeah, yeah, I know about the cycle. I really do think this could be an exception, though, because it's not 3D. You know me, though--I'll be the first one to call it out if anything sucks in the slightest.
"Mario is your oyster." ~The Chef

Reading

• is FUNdamental
« Reply #27 on: September 12, 2009, 08:25:45 AM »
Interesting...I'm not really into Sonic right now, but this seems like a neat idea. I have faith, but I'm not going to say for sure if this will be good; I don't share "mainstream" opinions about Sonic, but his recent games have still been hits-and-misses for me, and just because it's 2D isn't a guarantee of quality (Sonic Advance 2 is my least favorite Sonic game of all time, although 1 and 3 were good). The new concept behind the whole thing, though, sounds promising.

Why don't I post my thoughts on each of the six games PaperLuigi posted, to give you an idea of where Sonic stands with me (these are just my opinions)...

Sonic Heroes - I honestly don't like Heroes at all. The "team" gameplay is sort of hard to get a feel for, and the levels are sort of dull and linear.

Shadow the Hedgehog - I've only played two levels of this game, but from what I saw, it seemed like a pretty decent game with some major flaws.

Sonic 2006 - This one's great if you ask me. Fun Sonic Adventure-style gameplay, creative and platforming-heavy stages, and an epic (if rushed) storyline.

Sonic and the Secret Rings - Also great. It had a nice feel to it, and the gameplay with the Wii Remote was fun.

Sonic Unleashed - Meh. The Werehog levels are sort of fun, but the Sonic levels don't really have anything going for them besides "hold button to win". The last three or so are genuinely challenging and fun, though.

Sonic and the Black Knight - It's decent while it lasts, but the game is just too short, and it's not really enjoyable enough to get into it besides completing the main story.

So, Sonic's had his ups and downs as far as I'm concerned. I don't have an opinion on the state of the franchise. I just hope for the best.

Also,

We went to see them for the first time in 5 years because they were going away for 3 years.

Turtlekid1

• Tortuga
« Reply #28 on: September 12, 2009, 10:07:38 AM »
I lost.
"It'll say life is sacred and so is death
but death is life and so we move on"

« Reply #29 on: September 12, 2009, 10:37:25 AM »
I lost too. That almost works with the codename too.

Hey, where'd that bawww rabbit come from, anyway?
You didn't say wot wot.

Print