Print

Author Topic: Why Can't We All Be Friends?  (Read 13039 times)

Glorb

• Banned
« on: December 13, 2005, 03:03:40 PM »
As you may know, there has been a very long feud going on between the console gamers and the PC gamers. Why is this? Many PC gamers argue that PC games are technologically superior to console games, and thefore all who play console games are primitive monkeys and they hate them. Console gamers argue that PC games are always buggy and unfinished and you have to pay to upgrade them and they hate them. While these and many other claims are based in some truth, we need to stop this. I mean, GamePro has the idea; they cover both PC and console games (although they seem to cover more console games than PC games). Heck, I play games on all three current consoles and the PC. But that's not all: Fans of all three current companies all seem to hate each other. Nintendo fans hate Sony and Microsoft fans because they argue those companies care less about innovation; Microsoft fans sneer at everyone playing GameCube, PS2 and PC games and believe all games should be Xbox-exclusive; and Sony fans are actually pretty nice and agreeable, but there are still lots of constantly angry ones. Now, I'm not saying that all fans are like this (again, look at GamePro), but why must the PC-console/Nintendo-Sony-Microsoft fan wars continue?
every

« Reply #1 on: December 13, 2005, 03:06:11 PM »
I must not be a part of this at all, because I have never complained about it. Lucky me!! ;D
I'm a horrible person.

Suffix

• Steamed
« Reply #2 on: December 13, 2005, 03:18:12 PM »
I never disliked PC gamers in my entire life, but that doesn't prevent me from disliking computer games. For me, good computer games are hard to come by.

I think the biggest conflict between these two groups are their interests.

« Reply #3 on: December 13, 2005, 03:27:09 PM »
I've liked PC games long before I even got a game system, and I like both of the platforms. Consoles are easier to use, while PC games sometimes have more features, like the PC versino of GTA:SA compared to the PS2 version.
If my son could decimate Lego cities with his genitals, I'd be [darn] proud.

« Reply #4 on: December 13, 2005, 03:40:53 PM »
I'm the same as LS, but my first Mario game was Super Mario Advance, and I am more into video games, but a good game of Age of Empires is always fun.
I'm a horrible person.

« Reply #5 on: December 13, 2005, 04:13:08 PM »
My first GBA game was SMA, as well! My first PC game was either Super Solvers, Doom 2, or Treasure Mountain.
If my son could decimate Lego cities with his genitals, I'd be [darn] proud.

« Reply #6 on: December 13, 2005, 04:30:44 PM »
Wow, that's strange, not too strange, it was bound to happen with someone.
I'm a horrible person.

BP

• Beside Pacific
« Reply #7 on: December 13, 2005, 06:10:57 PM »
PC games? That never occurred to me. My only complaint about them is my inability with the keyboard.  I have to look at the keyboard to type, so how much better do you think I'd be in a game? And it would take time away from me to spend on the FF's... I can play a console and talk here simultaneously. And I won't play a game without Mario or Kirby or Yoshi or something in it. But I'm not going to insult a PC game and say it sucks just because it's on the PC.

About the console rivalry, I only hate XBOX. That's only because they choose to say they're the best. Nintendo people never say they're the best, as far as I know, Sony doesn't either. And the XBOX fans I know are really crappy people. They hover around me saying "Hey, we got a new XBOX. You just got a smaller GameBoy."
Me: "I never said I liked the GameBoy Micro. I'm not going to get one."
"Yeah I'm getting an XBOX360. Have fun with your tiny GameBoy."
Me: "I don't want a freaking GameBoy Micro!"
« Last Edit: December 13, 2005, 06:22:48 PM by Bird Person »
All your dreeeeeeams begiiin to shatterrrrrr~
It's YOUR problem!

« Reply #8 on: December 13, 2005, 06:27:18 PM »
Wow, that makes me want to meet an XBox freak!!
I'm a horrible person.

BP

• Beside Pacific
« Reply #9 on: December 13, 2005, 06:34:16 PM »
Oops... I just remembered that was a PSP freak. It went more like...
"Do you have your DS with you?"
"Yes. Why?"
"I have my PSP."
"So."
"Do you have one of those stupid mini-GameBoys?"
"No, I don't have or plan on getting a GameBoy Micro."
"That thing is so dumb. I hate Nintendo."
"It's not dumb, it's just not necessary."
"Why do you want one?"
"I don't. My DS is good enough."
"Oh. The GameBoy Micro is dumb."
« Last Edit: December 13, 2005, 06:37:09 PM by Bird Person »
It's YOUR problem!

Glorb

• Banned
« Reply #10 on: December 13, 2005, 06:43:22 PM »
Hey, not all Xbox or PSP fans are like that (though the people who run Xbox game magazines are). My friend Andy is an Xbox fan, and he's nice (and alo owns a GBA, PC and DS). Also, look at me: I'm a fan of all current system (every single one of 'em) and I don't hate everyone in the world.
every

« Reply #11 on: December 13, 2005, 07:00:44 PM »
I really don't care what people think of Nintendo anymore. All my life I have heard things like "Nintendo stinks, get Sony stuff", and "DS is so dumb because of the touch screen." They probrobly have never touched a DS before. Anyways I'm used to the whole "Nintendo is bad." thing.

Why people care so much about others playing other systems? I don't know. What I DO know is that I like Nintendo, because of their games and the certain feel when you play them. Some people don't like changes to games(F.Y.I Nintendo DS and Revolution) I have to admit, Nintendo should't be taking away some of the classic gameplay, instead, like on the Revolution, they should make a normal controller. But they should still keep the remote controller though, just have the original too.

Pretty soon you will see Sony fanboys dropping bombs on a Nintendo factory while PC gamers are sneeking in to the "XBox Headquarters" to assasinate the commander or XBox. :o

BP

• Beside Pacific
« Reply #12 on: December 13, 2005, 07:35:03 PM »
Hey, not all Xbox or PSP fans are like that (though the people who run Xbox game magazines are). My friend Andy is an Xbox fan, and he's nice (and alo owns a GBA, PC and DS). Also, look at me: I'm a fan of all current system (every single one of 'em) and I don't hate everyone in the world.
Look at your post. You and your friend are fine because you accept that Nintendo exists. The people I know hat Nintendo for no real reason.

and Khold: I feel exactly the same way. Once I asrgued with a person and the only thing he said to defend XBOX was that the graphics are the best thing about video games. They're not.
« Last Edit: December 13, 2005, 07:38:04 PM by Bird Person »
It's YOUR problem!

Jake

• Mr. Manure
« Reply #13 on: December 13, 2005, 07:43:39 PM »
Cause I liked some of you and hate the rest of you.

Naw, just kidding. I <33333333333333333333333333333333333333333 you all.
Professional Paisano here

« Reply #14 on: December 13, 2005, 08:12:31 PM »
I owned a PSP fanboy once. I was playing my Micro in the library and the dude goes up to me and says "Dude the PSP is way better. Get rid of that" and then I'm like "If the PSP is way better why is it behind the DS and Gameboy in sales? Better yet, how did Mario Kart DS outsell Grand Theft Auto: Liberty City Stories?" and he thought I was making it up so I went to a computer and opened up 2 windows with IGN.com and GCadvanced.com and he saw the numbers and then he had a face that almost said "Owned!".
As a game that requires six friends, an HDTV, and skill, I can see why the majority of TMK is going to hate on it hard.

Print