Print

Author Topic: Why Can't We All Be Friends?  (Read 13037 times)

Chupperson Weird

• Not interested.
« Reply #45 on: December 23, 2005, 11:44:13 AM »
In case you didn't notice, Glorb, we are a Mario site, not an Every Video Game site.
I don't understand how you could think a huge conglomerate game could be good. Not only would there be way too much in it to ever be completed, but all the elements you suggest would not fit together very well at all. If you didn't know before, competition is good for the industry. It means no one who simply stagnates will succeed.
Competing systems are definitely not equal. While the PSP has more power than the DS, it has fewer games, and hardly any games worth playing, and also is afflicted with sloppy design and manufacturing. Obviously, it is my opinion that DS is superior, but if you notice, it is the opinion of the majority of consumers also. If you think differently, all you can do is say that you do, and stop trying to  convince other people of your notion that everything is equal. Because it isn't. If it were, we would have no competition, no market, and ultimately no games worth playing at all.
That was a joke.

Koopaslaya

• Kansas
« Reply #46 on: December 23, 2005, 11:46:17 AM »
Chup, that was the best post of yours I have read in a long while.
Εὐθύνατε τὴν ὁδὸν Κυρίου

BP

• Beside Pacific
« Reply #47 on: December 23, 2005, 02:17:02 PM »
I think the best thing about Nintendo is that they take chances. They didn't know how the DS would turn out with the touch screen and all, but they did it anyway. For the PSP Sony just made a portable. Safe and boring, they already knew it would be successful based on the PS2's success.
All your dreeeeeeams begiiin to shatterrrrrr~
It's YOUR problem!

Markio

• Normal
« Reply #48 on: December 23, 2005, 02:45:40 PM »
A stand-up comic was telling jokes and said one or two about racism.  Then a man stood up in the audience and said, "Stop joking about racism!"
"How come?" my friend asked.
"It doesn't even exist anymore," came the man's reply.
"Well, I hate you."

Why can't we all be friends?  Because we don't embrace diversity!  Synergize, Synergize, Synergize!
"Hello Kitty is cool, but I like Keroppi the best."

« Reply #49 on: December 23, 2005, 09:28:48 PM »
The world is corrupted.

That's the whole point.

Glorb

• Banned
« Reply #50 on: December 24, 2005, 12:46:31 PM »
Again with the PSP vs. DS debate. OF COURSE you all think the DS is better; that's your opinion. That's fine. Is it wrong of me, however, to merely state that I like both systems? And why is it that the PSP is "bad" because it didn't sell as much as the DS, and the DS is better because it has a touch screen? In case you don't remember, the PS2 sold the most (by far) of the current-gen consoles, although it was the least advanced. Of course, that dosen't mean the GameCube and Xbox sucked monkey poo, or vice versa; it's a matter of sales points. So please, no more arguing based on sales figures; in addition, no more arguing based on so-called "quality" (opinion) of games, and no more arguing based on what company made it. The purpose of this topic was to make friends, not argue that the PSP/PS2/Xbox was crappy.
every

« Reply #51 on: December 24, 2005, 02:31:24 PM »
The only reason I don't like PS2 or X-Box is because they don't have Pokemon games. If Pokemon were a PS2 or X-Box exclusive, I'd probably hate Nintendo. If Pokemon games were on all three, I might get a PS2 or an X-Box, just to try out the Pokemon games on those systems. Pokemon got me into lots of different video games, such as Mario and Sonic, just because of what system it was on. In fact, the only game system(not counting my computer) I have that doesn't have a Pokemon game to go with it(that I own) is my DS. And now I'm going to sing a song that kinda makes sense for this topic.

< music > Why can't weeeee be friends, why can't weeeee be friends? Why can't weeeee be friends, why can't weeEee be friends? < /music >
« Last Edit: December 24, 2005, 02:33:40 PM by GiftedGirl »
"If they make greeting cards to thank people for helping with evil plans, I owe you one!" ~Dimentio, Super Paper Mario

BP

• Beside Pacific
« Reply #52 on: December 24, 2005, 02:42:14 PM »
The purpose of this topic was to make friends, not argue that the PSP/PS2/Xbox was crappy.
But we already are friends because we have a common interest: Mario. I don't see anyone here arguing.
All your dreeeeeeams begiiin to shatterrrrrr~
It's YOUR problem!

« Reply #53 on: December 24, 2005, 02:43:12 PM »
Besides, it wouldn't be much of an arguement anyway...
Most Wishy-Washy

« Reply #54 on: December 25, 2005, 09:47:03 AM »
Again with the PSP vs. DS debate. OF COURSE you all think the DS is better; that's your opinion. That's fine. Is it wrong of me, however, to merely state that I like both systems? And why is it that the PSP is "bad" because it didn't sell as much as the DS, and the DS is better because it has a touch screen? In case you don't remember, the PS2 sold the most (by far) of the current-gen consoles, although it was the least advanced. Of course, that dosen't mean the GameCube and Xbox sucked monkey poo, or vice versa; it's a matter of sales points. So please, no more arguing based on sales figures; in addition, no more arguing based on so-called "quality" (opinion) of games, and no more arguing based on what company made it. The purpose of this topic was to make friends, not argue that the PSP/PS2/Xbox was crappy.

Did we even say something like that?

Glorb

• Banned
« Reply #55 on: December 25, 2005, 10:24:00 AM »
Well...yeah.

But it's time to set aside our differences, for today is Christmas (and Hannukkah!).

Merry Fishmas, and a Crappy Poo Ear!
every

Markio

• Normal
« Reply #56 on: December 25, 2005, 06:54:54 PM »
Yesterday was Weinachten, but does anyone care?  Noooooooyes!  Happiness!  Goodie Christmas everyone!

Glorb

• Banned
« Reply #57 on: December 29, 2005, 06:04:33 PM »
I can't tell, was that a pun? Well, never mind.

Recently, a person whose name shall not be disclosed on acount of security purposes (heirafter known as "Ralph") and I were in a discussion on whether Half-Life 2 or Halo 2 were better. I argued in favor of Half-Life 2, mostly because of the Gravity Gun (and the graphics and story and voicework). "Ralph" argued in favor of halo 2, because it was good. At one point, however, "Ralph" said that Half-Life 2 was terrible because it was a PC game, and Halo 2 is better because you can hold two guns at once. Granted, "Ralph" had never played Half-Life 2. So let's review: Halo 2, a game that, while awesome, does not innovate in any way whatsoever, is better than Half-Life 2 because of the dual-wielding feature, which has been around since 1996. Half-Life 2 was bad because it was for the PC. And then he killed someone. Do you see where this kind of prejudice leads? (Okay, "Ralph" didn't kill anyone, although he came very close.)
every

« Reply #58 on: December 29, 2005, 07:48:55 PM »
Silly Glorb, First Person shooter games are for future school shooters :).
As a game that requires six friends, an HDTV, and skill, I can see why the majority of TMK is going to hate on it hard.

Markio

• Normal
« Reply #59 on: December 29, 2005, 08:32:04 PM »
Oops, it's really spelled Weihnachten.

Print