Print

Author Topic: Wii internet connections...  (Read 15939 times)

« on: May 14, 2007, 02:33:59 PM »
I keep hearing that to use wii shop, you need to buy an internet connection. ARE THEY SERIOUS? Doesn't that cost near a 100$??!!??

Suffix

• Steamed
« Reply #1 on: May 14, 2007, 02:53:34 PM »
What the dukar are you using right now? A public kiosk? If you have an internet connection at home (you don't need to "buy" a new one), all you need is a wireless router or a Nintendo Wifi USB dongle. They're $40, and have very limited range.

MaxVance

• Vance Vance Revolution
« Reply #2 on: May 14, 2007, 03:05:01 PM »
The range is about 30 feet.
Remember that your first Goomba boldly you walk? When Mario touched that mushroom being brought up more largely remember that you are surprised? Miscalculate your jump that pit remember that it falls?

Suffix

• Steamed
« Reply #3 on: May 14, 2007, 03:05:52 PM »
Well, that's assuming you're in the same room...

MaxVance

• Vance Vance Revolution
« Reply #4 on: May 14, 2007, 03:10:56 PM »
Which usually means that you're within 30 feet of your router or USB connector.
Remember that your first Goomba boldly you walk? When Mario touched that mushroom being brought up more largely remember that you are surprised? Miscalculate your jump that pit remember that it falls?

SolidShroom

• Poop Man
« Reply #5 on: May 14, 2007, 06:43:41 PM »
I can walk around my very small house while playing wi-fi on my USB connector. Of course, it's really weak when I reach the opposite sides of my house with an active connection.

« Reply #6 on: August 04, 2007, 04:06:12 PM »
Okay, so I have got a wireless router, but where does the wii shop points card go? Is there some kind of slot in the wii? And, do I need to always have connection to the internet whenever I want to play a Virtual System game?

« Reply #7 on: August 04, 2007, 04:11:31 PM »
I don't even have a Wii but I think I can help. There should be a number on the card. Use that number when paying for stuff. You should only need the internet connection for downloading the VC games, not playing them.

« Reply #8 on: August 05, 2007, 03:24:08 PM »
Thanks, but what do I do with the Points card after I buy it from a store? (How do I buy the games?)

MEGAߥTE

• In flames
« Reply #9 on: August 05, 2007, 03:35:25 PM »
Go to the Wii Shop Channel.  It should be obvious after that.

« Reply #10 on: August 06, 2007, 12:34:24 PM »
Thanx.

« Reply #11 on: August 26, 2007, 11:25:53 AM »
ACCCK! Sorry, but it's not over yet. While doing the internet connection test, I ran into the part where you put in the SSID number.What is the "SSID number"? It is supposed to have something to do with the computer, and that's all I know.

Kimimaru

• Max Stats
« Reply #12 on: August 27, 2007, 10:53:01 AM »
The SSID is the router. For example, an SSID can be named "Paul." You can check the name of it on your computer. If you can't find it, contact Nintendo Customer Support or the company that made your router. I'm not sure about the number part, sorry.
The Mario series is the best! It has every genre in video games but RTS'! It also has a plumber who does different roles, a princess, and a lot of odd creatures who don't seem to poop!

Chupperson Weird

• Not interested.
« Reply #13 on: August 27, 2007, 06:38:36 PM »
You should be able to tell by going to your router's configuration page.
That was a joke.

« Reply #14 on: August 30, 2007, 07:02:08 PM »
Ha ha ha... I know what my router is now. And now...

IM STILL NOWHERE! Why does it seem like it should be easy? It isn't. 2 months. Do you know how  many hours that is? That's how long I have been trying to get this too work. This night, I was ready to buy the only 2 games I wanted. ONLY 2 GAMES. No. Studying the manual for 2 hours, I hooked everything up. I had to buy a smaller tv to get down to the basement where the computer is, since I can't lug the big Tv down. 2 hours. 2 months. 2 games. It all came down to this. I went to the Wii shop channel, put in the configurations, it found a connection, it was testing the connection, AND IT DIDNT WORK! I nearly ripped the manual apart. 2 hours. 2 months. 2 games. Did I tell you that yet? All that work, 60$ wasted, beacause I was cheated. Maybe this "Wii shop channel" Isn't real. Maybe this is a huge prank, I'm being tricked by everyone in the world. EVERYONE. No one is telling the truth. Or are they? Is this a mind game divised by Nintendo? To see what fans will put up with to get 2 games. 2 months. 2 hours. AM I THE ONLY ONE BEING TRICKED HERE? You know what, I almost believed that Nintedo had a virtual system. I almost BELIEVED that finally, I would be able to have Super Mario RPG, and Paper Mario. After 2 years of trying to get those games. Ha ha ha. Another 2 isn't it? I have a broadband internet too. But nothing works. I have tried so hard, I know that the Wii shop channel isn't real. Well, thanks for the game anyway. It was kind of fun, but now I realiaze all the time I have wasted, believing that I would finally get the 2 games I wanted so badly. 2 years. 2 months. 2 hours. 2 games.
« Last Edit: August 30, 2007, 11:12:49 PM by Deezer »

Print