Print

Author Topic: Brawl help.  (Read 9474 times)

silverstarman

• Chock full of misinformation
« on: March 09, 2008, 12:54:11 PM »
I need help with unlocking 2 things...

Jigglypuff - Beat classic mode with any character except Ike or Link.

Toon Link - Beat classic mode as link.

I did both of these things, but they havent shown up. Why?

SushieBoy

• Giddy fangirl
« Reply #1 on: March 09, 2008, 02:13:59 PM »
Just play through SSE like I will. I'm not sure why they aren't showing up, try other conditions to unlock them if there are any (Like SSE)
Just because you can, doesn't mean you should.

« Reply #2 on: March 09, 2008, 02:20:48 PM »
Jigglypuff and Toon Link both require special unlocking conditions in SSE (beat game, go to hidden location in level, challenge, beat, rinse, repeat), so the Classic mode might be the better option (though if it won't work for you, it's no help at all)... you could always go with the Vs. Mode unlocks, though, and I know for a fact Wolf is hardest to unlock at 450, so it probably won't take long if you just keep playing.

EDIT: according to Wikipedia;

JIGGLYPUFF- 350 Vs. matches, or beat Event 20
TOON LINK- 400 Vs. matches, or beat Classic with Link after beating the Subspace Emissary

Not sure if this is true (Event 20 looks a bit iffy) but it'd be worth a look, imo.
« Last Edit: March 09, 2008, 05:16:19 PM by Ultima Shadow »
If my son could decimate Lego cities with his genitals, I'd be [darn] proud.

silverstarman

« Reply #3 on: March 10, 2008, 06:52:51 PM »
Oh yeah, and it's been said that to unlock other things (such as electroplankton stage and some CD's) you have to beat some event match stages that are higher than 20. How do you unlock event stages higher than 20?

megamush

• Infinite member error
« Reply #4 on: March 10, 2008, 07:03:36 PM »
Oh yeah, and it's been said that to unlock other things (such as electroplankton stage and some CD's) you have to beat some event match stages that are higher than 20. How do you unlock event stages higher than 20?
just try to beat them all.
What ever you do don't press Ctrl-W

silverstarman

« Reply #5 on: March 10, 2008, 07:57:34 PM »
I did. Should I try them on Normal?

« Reply #6 on: March 10, 2008, 11:45:55 PM »
That'd be a good idea, don't you think? =3
"Be yourself. Everyone else is taken."

« Reply #7 on: March 10, 2008, 11:51:57 PM »
It's easy to unlock the characters you want by doing this:

1. Go to special Brawl and set the game to fast, bunny and heavy.
2. Set the rules to stock and set the stock to 1.
3. Select your character and choose a computer character.
4. Press start at the stage select screen and the game will take you to a random stage.
5. Kill yourself as soon as the countdown reaches zero. Keep pressing start as fast as possible to repeat your actions.
6. Do this 450 times and you will have Jigglypuff, Wolf and Toon Link. I know this sounds long and aggravating, but it really doesn't take as long as you might think. I did it all in about an hour and a half with breaks and play time in between.

Everyone else can be earned by playing SSE, even on easy mode. As of tonight, I have all the characters using the strategy above.
Luigison: Question everything!
Me: Why?

MEGAߥTE

• In flames
« Reply #8 on: March 11, 2008, 01:31:10 AM »
All characters can be obtained in SSE; some are just hidden.

megamush

• Infinite member error
« Reply #9 on: March 11, 2008, 06:01:10 AM »
It's easy to unlock the characters you want by doing this:

1. Go to special Brawl and set the game to fast, bunny and heavy.
2. Set the rules to stock and set the stock to 1.
3. Select your character and choose a computer character.
4. Press start at the stage select screen and the game will take you to a random stage.
5. Kill yourself as soon as the countdown reaches zero. Keep pressing start as fast as possible to repeat your actions.
6. Do this 450 times and you will have Jigglypuff, Wolf and Toon Link. I know this sounds long and aggravating, but it really doesn't take as long as you might think. I did it all in about an hour and a half with breaks and play time in between.

Everyone else can be earned by playing SSE, even on easy mode. As of tonight, I have all the characters using the strategy above.
Can't you use Special Brawl, Set it to Stamina, Put all the other CPUs at 1 HP and put your self at 150 HP, Repeat until characters are unlocked? 
What ever you do don't press Ctrl-W

silverstarman

« Reply #10 on: March 11, 2008, 02:58:21 PM »
I know now. I need to unlock R.O.B. since one of the event matches requires you to play as him

« Reply #11 on: March 11, 2008, 03:02:34 PM »
MY EYES!!!!!!!!!!! THE SPOILERS!!!!!! MY EYES!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Must.....try to.....forget.

SushieBoy

• Giddy fangirl
« Reply #12 on: March 13, 2008, 07:54:08 PM »
just try to beat them all.

No you have to get some certain secret characters. Some events have Sonic in them

kirbyman

• Tourette's
« Reply #13 on: March 14, 2008, 09:31:56 AM »
I've got it:
Toon Link;
In the Subspace, play "The Forest" stage. Beat the first battle, and go through the first door you see.

Jigglypuff;
Beat 20 Event Matches.

Easy right?

MEGAߥTE

• In flames
« Reply #14 on: March 14, 2008, 09:55:31 AM »
Jigglypuff;
Beat 20 Event Matches.
This is not correct.

silverstarman

« Reply #15 on: March 14, 2008, 08:28:31 PM »
I heard it was to beat events 1-20 after beating the emmisarry.

Luigison

• Old Person™
« Reply #16 on: March 14, 2008, 09:54:43 PM »
JIGGLYPUFF- 350 Vs. matches, or beat Event 20

Not sure if this is true (Event 20 looks a bit iffy) but it'd be worth a look, imo.
I didn't get him after beating Event 20.  I haven't completed all 1 through 20 though. 

Toon Link;
In the Subspace, play "The Forest" stage. Beat the first battle, and go through the first door you see.
Wasn't there for me.  All I got was a heart.  I don't recall what was there the first time, but maybe this only works after you've completed Subspace. 
“Evolution has shaped us with perceptions that allow us to survive. But part of that involves hiding from us the stuff we don’t need to know."

Suffix

• Steamed
« Reply #17 on: March 15, 2008, 02:07:37 AM »
Did you beat any of them on Hard difficulty? I recall there being some events where you have to complete them on Hard to unlock something.

I have Jigglypuff now, and it definitely wasn't thanks to Vs. matches.

MEGAߥTE

• In flames
« Reply #18 on: March 15, 2008, 11:22:12 AM »
See, I think a lot of these tasks require some sort of difficulty level, which nobody indicated.

SushieBoy

• Giddy fangirl
« Reply #19 on: March 15, 2008, 07:17:39 PM »
I didn't get him after beating Event 20.  I haven't completed all 1 through 20 though. 
Wasn't there for me.  All I got was a heart.  I don't recall what was there the first time, but maybe this only works after you've completed Subspace. 

you do Gotta beat Subspace. Same with Jigglypuff (Swamp Stage after beating giant Diddy Kong in the area of all those barrel cannons) and Wolf (Ruins Stage after that part with those crystals on the walls). those doors only appear after beating it.

kirbyman

• Tourette's
« Reply #20 on: March 15, 2008, 07:49:36 PM »
Woops.

« Reply #21 on: March 19, 2008, 04:16:59 PM »
See, I think a lot of these tasks require some sort of difficulty level, which nobody indicated.

The only difficulty thing I did was unlocking Ganondorf. For the SSE characters, it doesn't matter.

Print