Print

Author Topic: Super Mario Bros ROM information (is this allowed?)  (Read 6332 times)

« on: January 06, 2005, 04:56:56 PM »
Sorry if this isn't allowed... hopefully it is, since I'm not supplying ROMs or anything.

But, I've found about 6 Super Mario Bros ROMs, and they ALL start out in the minus world...

Is there a problem on my side? or is it a coincidence that all the roms are screwed up ?

Anyone have any info?

Thanks in advance!

-Ecto_Cooler

-Ecto_Cooler

« Reply #1 on: January 06, 2005, 05:39:21 PM »
Ok, upon closer inspection, its NOT the -1 world...

It actually says 0-1, and the level is an underwater version of a level ?-4 Castle.... at the end, there's a bridge, as well as an axe.... and an invisible Toad telling me the Princess is in another castle.

!? Anyone! ?

-Ecto_Cooler

MEGAߥTE

• In flames
« Reply #2 on: January 06, 2005, 06:31:20 PM »
Whatever emulator you are using is not properly initializing memory, causing the ROM to start at World 0-1.  Get another emulator and your problem should go away.

« Reply #3 on: January 06, 2005, 07:05:50 PM »
Downloaded VirtuaNES. Working a LOT better now. Thanks!

and, out of curiosity, is there any emulators you recommend over others?

Thanks again.

-Ecto_Cooler

« Reply #4 on: January 09, 2005, 04:24:33 PM »
If I were you, I'd use Nestron. It's the very best in my experience.

Enjoy,

Matt

Bleep Bleep-bleep  Bleep Bleep-bleep-bleep  Bleep-bleep  Bleep-bleep-bleep Bleep  Bleep  Bleep-bleep-bleep...
Bleep Bleep-bleep  Bleep Bleep-bleep-bleep  Bleep-bleep  Bleep-bleep-bleep Bleep  Bleep  Bleep-bleep-bleep...

MEGAߥTE

• In flames
« Reply #5 on: January 09, 2005, 04:40:12 PM »
NEStopia is the best.

Markio

• Normal
« Reply #6 on: January 09, 2005, 04:48:15 PM »
Wow, I recognize the song in mjjdeclue's signature.

“You never really understand a person until you consider things from his point of view.” -Atticus Finch
"Hello Kitty is cool, but I like Keroppi the best."

Chupperson Weird

• Not interested.
« Reply #7 on: January 09, 2005, 07:55:44 PM »
I think I do too, even though it isn't quite right.

"Don’t look into car headlights and freeze, because you might get run over or shot."
That was a joke.

« Reply #8 on: January 30, 2005, 05:50:42 AM »
"It Might Be a rom hack there are lots of those floating around the Internet.
Chris Tanzra

« Reply #9 on: January 30, 2005, 11:55:23 PM »
ROMs cannot be trusted sometimes..... I couldn't play Toy Story on my ZSNESWIN!!!!! It was always stuck on the first text in the prologue! Boo the hoo! ?? Actually..... I may not even use these..... they are illegal ive heard........ At least I don't download GAMECUBE roms or nothing......... I wouldn't want the big N to drain THAT much money! (do they even receive profits from older games??

TMK fan since three years ago!
TMK fan since three years ago!

Luigison

• Old Person™
« Reply #10 on: January 31, 2005, 12:06:49 AM »
Yes.  I bought the GBA classic SMB, Zelda, Zelda 2, and a Link to the Past.  One of the main reasons I bought Animal Crossing was the NES games.  
“Evolution has shaped us with perceptions that allow us to survive. But part of that involves hiding from us the stuff we don’t need to know."

Yoshi55

• Banned
« Reply #11 on: November 16, 2005, 09:06:44 PM »
I use VirtuaNES also, but only for ROM hacks like my Mario hack of Tecmo Baseball (1988?)
He's back. All you had to do is ask. Super Mario Bros. 3 from Nintendo. Now you're playing with POWER! (SMB3 NES commercial)

« Reply #12 on: November 16, 2005, 09:10:25 PM »
What a bump! :D Nice job!
I'm a horrible person.

BP

• Beside Pacific
« Reply #13 on: November 16, 2005, 09:18:28 PM »
I had a GBA emulator... Until it virus'd my computer.
All your dreeeeeeams begiiin to shatterrrrrr~
It's YOUR problem!

Koopaslaya

• Kansas
« Reply #14 on: November 16, 2005, 09:19:00 PM »
Where in the world did this come from?
Εὐθύνατε τὴν ὁδὸν Κυρίου

Print