Print

Author Topic: Paper Mario for Gamecube  (Read 8469 times)

« on: July 30, 2005, 04:28:42 PM »
I've been having trouble on fighting the Shadow Queen in Paper Mario 2...I'm at Level 26, and I can't win!  Does anyone have any suggestions?

« Reply #1 on: July 30, 2005, 06:13:41 PM »
I was at level 24 when I beat her. You might have all the right stuff, you just have to know what badges to use. The Power Smash badge for the hammer is great to use againts her. Also, make sure you have a few Ultra shrooms, Life shrooms and Jammin' Jelly as well. I know that the trip through the castle was hard, but if you need to go back for anything, do it. I never used a jump attack againts the queen either, so unless you have a great jump badge, stick to your hammer. One more thing. Make sure your HP is above 90. I only had 35 FP to fight with, so a great HP will make up for it. This is my best advice to offer. Good luck, it's not an easy fight.

"YOU FOOOOOLS!!! YOU''VE MESSED WITH THE NATURAL ORDAAAAAAAAA!!!!!!" ~ The story telling crow from The Grim Adventures of Billy and Mandy
Luigison: Question everything!
Me: Why?

« Reply #2 on: August 04, 2005, 05:26:38 PM »
So, if my HP is around 50 or so...then maybe I should rely on badges and stuff, and Vivian to use Veil when the queen does that shockwave.

« Reply #3 on: August 04, 2005, 10:06:32 PM »
Yes, be sure to use Vivian's Fire Jinx attack, and when the queen uses shockwave, use Veil. I forgot to mention that Vivian is the best partner to use in this battle. Use Fire Jinx on every chance you get, which means every turn! If you do have high FP, this will come in handy. If not, then use a Jammin Jelly. That 50 HP of yours, however, just might be your problem. Even at 90, I still had a ton of trouble. Try fighting to power up more. Don't use any badges you don't need. I think that covers everything. Tell me when you beat her, cause it's a tough fight. Keep going, you can do it!

"YOU FOOOOOLS!!! YOU''VE MESSED WITH THE NATURAL ORDAAAAAAAAA!!!!!!" ~ The story telling crow from The Grim Adventures of Billy and Mandy

BP

• Beside Pacific
« Reply #4 on: August 11, 2005, 06:18:15 PM »
I had a bit of trouble beating her the first time, but then I started using the Jumpman badge. It's great. Also use All or Nothing, and if you can, throw in a Power Plus. (When you beat her, add Spike Shield and Ice Power)
Hmm, uh... Hmmm. Yeah, don't use your Yoshi, he's not too good on attack power...

You''re not the boss of me, Carson Daly! Get off me! -Andy Milonakis
All your dreeeeeeams begiiin to shatterrrrrr~
It's YOUR problem!

« Reply #5 on: August 11, 2005, 09:10:38 PM »
Ha. I used the Yoshi. And I died.....alot. Bird Person is right, if your good with action command, the All or Nothing badge is great. Forgot to say that.

« Reply #6 on: August 13, 2005, 10:47:50 AM »
Hey guys, thanks for the advice, I beat her!  Just barely; I had 50 health, I got three shine sprites in a row, then got 3 flowers in a row...all chance.

« Reply #7 on: August 13, 2005, 12:17:15 PM »
Bingo! You finally did it. Are you gonna move on to the Pit of 100 Trials?

"You fools! You''ve messed with the natural ordaaaaaaa!!!"~ The story telling crow from the Grim Adventures of Billy and Mandy.

« Reply #8 on: August 16, 2005, 08:26:28 PM »
I...hope you are joking...I am nowhere near ready.  But, I'm gettin' there, slowly but surely...

« Reply #9 on: August 17, 2005, 06:54:40 PM »
Haha! I moved on to The Pit as soon as I got done with her......and got clobbered. Level 88, and a stupid spider looking thing kills me. How pathetic, no?

"You fools! You''ve messed with the natural ordaaaaaaa!!!"~ The story telling crow from the Grim Adventures of Billy and Mandy.

« Reply #10 on: August 19, 2005, 10:55:21 AM »
Isn't it something called "Taranta" or something?  I've heard of it...but I bailed out at level 50.

« Reply #11 on: August 19, 2005, 11:00:55 AM »
Actually during the Shadow Queen battle *every* time I get two Shine Sprites, I just hold down the A button and I get the third shine sprite.

"My spirit burns like the sun and I shall dry you like a prune."

Edited by - nintendoexpert89 on 8/19/2005 10:01:19 AM

« Reply #12 on: August 19, 2005, 05:05:56 PM »
It's those little spider things that appear in the Tree during the Puni saga. The ones that shoot rocks out of their mouths? It was red, and had alot more HP. And there were four of em.....I guess that what makes it so tough.

BP

• Beside Pacific
« Reply #13 on: September 10, 2005, 02:06:53 PM »
It was so hard beating Bonetail. I simply HAD to use my turbo controller with Supernova... I wonder if I could fight it again if I made it to the bottom. I used the mover, so I never tattled on an Atomic Boo or Elite Wizzerd.

It's an Arantula you're talking about. I found them quite easy.

You''re not the boss of me, Carson Daly! Get off me! -Andy Milonakis
All your dreeeeeeams begiiin to shatterrrrrr~
It's YOUR problem!

« Reply #14 on: October 16, 2007, 05:17:01 PM »
Yes, be sure to use Vivian's Fire Jinx attack, and when the queen uses shockwave, use Veil. I forgot to mention that Vivian is the best partner to use in this battle. Use Fire Jinx on every chance you get, which means every turn! If you do have high FP, this will come in handy. If not, then use a Jammin Jelly. That 50 HP of yours, however, just might be your problem. Even at 90, I still had a ton of trouble. Try fighting to power up more. Don't use any badges you don't need. I think that covers everything. Tell me when you beat her, cause it's a tough fight. Keep going, you can do it!

Oh, NOW I know!! I kept dying and dying and dying, until I finally Won! :(
What sleeps behind the door?

Print