Print

Author Topic: New here and need some good advice  (Read 7734 times)

BP

• Beside Pacific
« Reply #15 on: October 11, 2006, 08:46:11 PM »
Okay. Okay.
Forget downloading emulators and ROMs onto your PC and or Mac and playing them with the use of your keyboard, joystick, or any other peripheral you happen to try using, and buy a Wii (on which you can purchase these ROMs to play following any and all of Nintendo's emulation policies).
Good enough for you?
All your dreeeeeeams begiiin to shatterrrrrr~
It's YOUR problem!

MaxVance

• Vance Vance Revolution
« Reply #16 on: October 12, 2006, 05:26:46 AM »
Ah, but the Wii is definitely a computer.
Except that it really isn't. It's actually a game console. What kind of "computer" is controlled with a motion-sensing remote that can determine its own position in space?
Remember that your first Goomba boldly you walk? When Mario touched that mushroom being brought up more largely remember that you are surprised? Miscalculate your jump that pit remember that it falls?

Suffix

• Steamed
« Reply #17 on: October 12, 2006, 09:20:04 PM »
MaxVance, all game consoles are computers. In fact, you could call a calculator a computer. The difference is that game consoles, like calculators, preform a specific task. Computers have motion/space-sensing peripherals too, you know.

MaxVance

• Vance Vance Revolution
« Reply #18 on: October 12, 2006, 09:41:20 PM »
Yes, I know it's entirely possible for a computer to have a motion-sensing peripheral of some sort. I was just using it to drive home the point that the Wii is so specialazed that it really isn't a computer.
Remember that your first Goomba boldly you walk? When Mario touched that mushroom being brought up more largely remember that you are surprised? Miscalculate your jump that pit remember that it falls?

« Reply #19 on: October 13, 2006, 07:09:55 AM »
But computers are in fact machines that hold information and other goodies, I'm pretty sure the Wii does that, even the things that a Wii does can be taken and used on a laptop or desktop computer if someone took the time to try and make it.
I'm a horrible person.

« Reply #20 on: October 13, 2006, 08:21:36 AM »
If the Wii is not a computer, I will eat the moon.
Today's actually... nobody's birthday!  Quick, hurry up and make a baby!

MaxVance

• Vance Vance Revolution
« Reply #21 on: October 13, 2006, 02:50:06 PM »
I just think the Wii is too specalized to do all of the things that what we would normally call a computer could do. What we would normally call a computer is what Bird Person was talking about.

Print