Print

Author Topic: SSBM Curiousity  (Read 2403 times)

« on: July 10, 2002, 02:10:33 AM »
I've been reading game FAQs all over the place for this thing, and there's something I stumbled on that confused me.  Every FAQ I've read gives two methods for unlocking Young Link:

1. Play 500 VS mode matches.
2. Beat classic mode as Link, as Zelda, then as 8 other characters.  (I've also seen this version with just Link and 9 other characters)

I've never done either of these things . . . I just got the game, have never played even one VS mode match, and I've never used Link at all because I really, really hate him.  But Young Link challenged me anyway, randomly, after I beat Classic Mode (I forget who I was using, possibly Jigglypuff?) earlier today.  I lost to him (I suck rather a lot), but he challenged me again after every match I played until I finally beat him and unlocked him.

So my question is, have characters ever challenged you totally at random before?  Or did I do something weird to get this guy bugging me so much?

Chiichana mune, okkina hitomi . . .

« Reply #1 on: July 10, 2002, 07:43:47 AM »
Some players are unlocked in 2 different ways. Young Link is one of those. You can, play 500 vs. mode matches. Or just beat normal game with 8 charecters. I did the latter.

Is there any other way to get Mewtwo besides playing 20 hrs. of vs. mode. I only need Mewtwo and Mr. Game and Watch and I have all the charecters.

« Reply #2 on: July 10, 2002, 06:53:42 PM »
Was one of the characters you beat the game with Link?  That's why I was confused . . . every site I'd seen said that was absolutely necessary to get Young Link.  I hadn't done it yet.  Maybe they're wrong.

I don't think there is any other way to get Mewtwo, but you can just plug in as many controllers as you have and leave the system on overnight in a VS match (not paused) if you need the hours.
Chiichana mune, okkina hitomi . . .

Print