Print

Author Topic: Nintendo vs. Sega vs. Sony  (Read 5189 times)

« on: May 09, 2001, 05:02:25 PM »
Who will win in this free-for-all?  I say Nintendo will win.  What about you guys?

I'm that little mushroom retainer nobody cares about.
I'm that little mushroom retainer nobody cares about.

« Reply #1 on: May 09, 2001, 05:58:46 PM »
I like nintendo and sega. Playstation 1 is ok, 2 stinks. I'm only getting PS1 for Chrono Cross, Skullmonkeys, FF Anthologys, FF tactics, and FF Chronicles ( Chrono Trigger rules over all )

"PARATROOPA'S, ATTACK"
"PARATROOPA''S, ATTACK"

« Reply #2 on: May 10, 2001, 05:43:15 AM »
Chrono trigger is good,But nothing over FF6!!In RPG wise that is.I say nintendo,the only reason people like playstation is for its RPG's and metal gear solid.

Would you like to buy a star?

Deezer

• Invincible
« Reply #3 on: May 10, 2001, 12:38:19 PM »
Well, Sega is out of the "war" because they will just be developing games (possibly for both companies).

« Reply #4 on: May 10, 2001, 01:37:55 PM »
yeah deezers right, they will be developing for all the companys now, so there neutral.

"PARATROOPA'S, ATTACK"
"PARATROOPA''S, ATTACK"

« Reply #5 on: May 10, 2001, 01:38:44 PM »
btw, chrono trigger is the best rpg ( even though ff6 was good its no chrono trigger )

"PARATROOPA'S, ATTACK"
"PARATROOPA''S, ATTACK"

Bow

« Reply #6 on: May 10, 2001, 04:26:54 PM »
Actually, EarthBound is the best RPG and besides, Square's games are no good anymore (After FF 7)  
Edited 734 years ago by Bow

« Reply #7 on: May 10, 2001, 06:06:07 PM »
bow I agree 50% even FF7 wasn't that good, and no earthbond was to kiddy, and the fighting system was the worst of any rpg

"PARATROOPA'S, ATTACK"
"PARATROOPA''S, ATTACK"

« Reply #8 on: May 10, 2001, 06:53:34 PM »
Hey! I umm....whats that word? resent or represent that? something like that. I say...once Metal Gear Solid 2 comes out the nintendo people will just shake their heads in DEFEAT! Mwaaaaaahahahahahahahaaaaaa!
"Timmay!"

« Reply #9 on: May 10, 2001, 06:49:33 PM »
not saying earth bond was bad I kindas liked it. and ness I'm shocked, you were the alst person I thought would say that

"PARATROOPA'S, ATTACK"
"PARATROOPA''S, ATTACK"

« Reply #10 on: May 10, 2001, 07:17:41 PM »
Hello all, once again I am happy to speak! This time your asking who would beat each other, playstation, nintendo or sega? Well a rumor has just spread out that Sega and Nintendo will be joining to make game`s for both DreamCast and GameCube, I also heard that GC is gonna be cancelled, is that true? Anyway you can go to www.tbi.net/~max for more info, go down to the very bottom of the page and click on "Oddysse of Hyrule" its a Z 64 site. Anyways g2g.
Burton Alexander Finch Ball

« Reply #11 on: May 10, 2001, 07:48:02 PM »
Well, the GameCube has not been cancelled. It has over 30 games for launch and over 100 in development. With EA, Sega, Acclaim, Midway, Hudson, THQ, LucasArts, Retro Studios, Rare and other developers, I just have a funny feeling that Nintendo will win the war.

As for the Nintendo/Sega agreement, Sega joined up because they left the hardware market from poor sales from their Dreamcast. Now they develop Game Boy Advance and GameCube games. Anything else? :)

Edited by - Ironfoot on 5/10/01 6:52:32 PM
Did you meet my Siberian Monkey?

« Reply #12 on: May 11, 2001, 04:28:52 AM »
yes ironfoot they also develop for plastation and *shrugs* x box ( at least untill it bombs :) )

"PARATROOPA'S, ATTACK"
"PARATROOPA''S, ATTACK"

Mario Maniac

• Loose buttons
« Reply #13 on: May 11, 2001, 05:34:01 AM »
I think Nintendo will win the war. Because the Game Boy Advance is a major hype right now and when it's released in the US, it's gonna blow all the other consoles out of the water! Same with the Game Cube... (I hope the Game Cube will live up to its expectations...)

As for Sony, they can die! SONY SUCKS! All the PlayStation stuff sucks!

And Sega, they are a cool company. They have always made great games that are second only to Nintendo. I'm glad they will be making games for Nintnedo now.

As I've said before... Nintendo and Sega are the best! 'NUFF SAID.
People who like video games should also like Nintendo. People who don't like Nintendo obviously don't like video games.

« Reply #14 on: May 12, 2001, 01:14:01 AM »
Indeed, Sega is no longer a competitor, as it now makes games and no longer produces hardware. I believe the PlayStation is a worthy console, for no reason other than the fact that so many RPGs such as FF series and CT/CC are available on it. Other than this, I'm sure the upcoming Nintendo GameCube is much better than the PS or PS2, from screenshots, reviews, and specs. The X box from Microsoft, although many reviews have been seen and I feel it will have some entertaining games, will not match up to Nintendo. Microsoft is really the large wild card, as there is no past success or failure to judge upon for them in this industry. Really, they're saying "We have lots and lots and lots of money, so we'll just walk in and be able to take over the industry." Though a large budget will help them, Nintendo has the experience and, from what I've seen, the GameCube will be very good indeed. I only wish that 'Dolphin' were the actual name rather than the project name is it sounds better and more original than GameCube, which sounds like an iMac.... [ugh]
Oh. and Mr. Face says Chrono Trigger is THE best RPG in the history of such. Mr. Face NEVER wrong!

-D. I. Galdos
"If the car had developed like the computer, a Rolls Royce would cost today $100, would get billion miles per gallon, and would explode once a month killing everyone inside."
Source Unknown

Edited by - Diggeroney on 5/12/2001 1:05:01 AM
-D. I. Galdos
"If the car had developed like the computer, a Rolls Royce would cost today $100, would get billion miles per gallon, and would explode once a month killing everyone inside."
Source Unknown

Print