Print

Author Topic: Nicknames  (Read 5970 times)

« on: June 15, 2001, 06:32:34 AM »
This is a place where you can tell how you got your nicknames^_^. but as for my nickname, its not really interesting how i got it. basically a friend helped me think it up only it was "Marionut2000" instead of "#1" because when i tried to sign up here i screwed up my email address and it sent my password somewhere i guess. so theres that, now how did YOU get your nickname?

It''s a me Marionut#1
It's-a me, Marionut#1!

« Reply #1 on: June 15, 2001, 09:20:15 AM »
Ok, my nickname...

Actually, I got the name as sort of a coincedence from something else.

Anyway, in the RPG that I envisioned, which had Opus in it, I decided that since he would be average in all categories, why not make him a magic user?

Then came later when I decided to make a website, and the words Opus and Pocus just seemed to go hand in hand, so OpusPocus became my new website title.

Since I realized that it would only be fitting that some sort of wizard character would be associated with a title like OpusPocus, and since I already had that type of character in mind before, that's how i came up with... penguinwizard.

So then when I decided to sign up for these Fungi Forums, I used that name.

I've had a few previous identities even before I had a website, which I will explain later:

opusodyssey (my current AIM screenname)
McYosh

and the rest were probably just wacky names I put in while playing video games, like Raptor or Master.

To be a Koopa, you must become a Koopa.
You didn't say wot wot.

« Reply #2 on: June 15, 2001, 11:54:14 AM »
I've had my nickname since I was six. Me and my friends went to see Super Mario Bros. The movie. I was the only one who liked it, anyway, my voice sounded JUST LIKE Koopa's. When it was over, everyone was talking about it, next, I forgot who it was, but someone mentioned how my voice sounded like Koopa's, and so everyone started calling me Koopa, and my voice still hasn't changed.

Do the Koopa!
Now I''m gonna make a monkey out of you.

« Reply #3 on: June 15, 2001, 06:12:04 PM »
Mine? Well, it has to do with a certain Dwarf in The Hobbit. :)
Did you meet my Siberian Monkey?

« Reply #4 on: June 15, 2001, 06:19:55 PM »
I like Mario.I like Zelda.End of story.

Here we go!
--------------------------------
Anyone remember me?Roy Koopa''s brother?Theory-Guy?You know,don''t you?Ah,screw it.

« Reply #5 on: June 15, 2001, 06:52:58 PM »
Penguinwizard-by "opus" you mean
"Opus D. Penguin" from bloom county and outland, right?

Waluigi
Waluigi

« Reply #6 on: June 15, 2001, 08:23:18 PM »
I believe he calls himself P. Opus, which he got from "Boy George".  Penguin Opus - Boy George (from their conversation at the "US" festival).  My nickname comes from about 6 years ago when all I talked about was Opus, so I basically just adopted his name.

Opus
What'chu talkin' bout, Dextah?

« Reply #7 on: June 15, 2001, 09:27:17 PM »
Wow, you've known Opus a lot longer than I have. I didn't even know what the Bloom County comics were until about a year ago. I started searching ever since that one day I was reading the comics, and I found a comic called Outland, which had Opus in it.

With finding info about Outland came discovering Bloom County. But I never did get the chance to read those comics.

But at least I was able to experience the Opus & Bill screensaver set (or Brain-Saver, as they called it). That was back when Windows 95 was new. Long, long time ago.

And now no one has a good download of it! Even worse, just because one little disk doesn't work (which is ridiculous, since now you can upload files off of floppys), I couldn't find a download of the screensaver.

And what's even worse, there's an extreme lack of Opus & Bill sites. No site gives detailed info about the movie ''A Wish For Wings That Work'' (something I wish to get more info on) except for one, there aren't many sites for comic downloads, etc.

But we all remember Bill, don't we? The cat that always goes ''Ack!'' I can see why a few pages of the old comics are going up for over $100.

And since I've never known what Opus's antics were like, this whole P. Opus thing is new to me. But I heard from someone that in a few of the comics, Opus had some sort of cape. Like pretending to be a wizard... Coincedence, huh?

To be a Koopa, you must become a Koopa.
You didn't say wot wot.

« Reply #8 on: June 16, 2001, 12:56:41 PM »
 ok now to get back to the subject about.... NICKNAMES!!!

It''s a me Marionut#1
It's-a me, Marionut#1!

« Reply #9 on: June 16, 2001, 03:14:34 PM »
My nickname is simple......my favorite mario characters.

ps: Waluigi rules too!

« Reply #10 on: June 16, 2001, 03:20:06 PM »
This is directed to Ironfoot, who wrote earlier.......

Who is Ironfoot in the Hobbit?
i never heard of him....

« Reply #11 on: June 16, 2001, 10:21:54 PM »
My mind draws a blank.  For some reason, all I can remember is Thorin Oakenshield, Boromir, Smaug, and Gandalf the Grey, but no Ironfoot.
Someone set up us the bomb!

« Reply #12 on: June 16, 2001, 11:51:44 PM »
Well, the first part is sort-of a variant on my real first name. The 'girl' part just kinda fit.  
-----
Back from the Dead!
RaiaGirl :P

« Reply #13 on: June 21, 2001, 08:09:06 PM »
Is it quite obvious... It's Bowser's Name before coming "Jewish" (Bowser is a Jewish Name!)

Happy? IMPOSTER...I Never Use H word!!!
"Welcome to a Game Guy Minigame! First i must take all you coins! (-X Coins) Ok We''re Off to the Game Guy Game Room! So hang on tight because it''s going to be a rough ride!"~ Sheesh! I gotta stop playing the Shyguy Games!!
Happy? IMPOSTER...I Never Use H word!!!
"Welcome to a Game Guy Minigame! First i must take all you coins! (-X Coins) Ok We''re Off to the Game Guy Game Room! So hang on tight because it''s going to be a rough ride!"~ Sheesh! I gotta stop playing the Shyguy Games!!

« Reply #14 on: June 21, 2001, 08:41:23 PM »
hmm thats interesting King Koopa

It''s a me Marionut#1
It's-a me, Marionut#1!

Print