How was it?

Horrible
could be worse
average
good
Sweet!
Hasn't started yet
Print

Author Topic: How was your first day of school?  (Read 8526 times)

Chupperson Weird

• Not interested.
« Reply #15 on: September 07, 2008, 06:48:44 PM »
Isn't averaging ... taking all of the values and adding them together and dividing by the number of values?
That was a joke.

« Reply #16 on: September 07, 2008, 06:53:21 PM »
That's a mean average, at least.

CrossEyed7

• i can make this whatever i want; you're not my dad
« Reply #17 on: September 07, 2008, 06:53:44 PM »
There's also the median and mode, as well as weighted and unweighted averages.

Of course, to get an accurate reading here, any method we use would have to ignore the people who have 1/1/1000 set as their birthdate.

I'll be 19 in two months, btw.
"Oh man, I wish being a part of a Mario fan community was the most embarrassing thing about my life." - Super-Jesse

Shyguy92

• Ridicules
« Reply #18 on: September 07, 2008, 07:29:29 PM »
Ok judging by the last few post's I'm gonna guess around 60 - 70
"it's always the present"

MushroomJunkie

• He's serious
« Reply #19 on: September 08, 2008, 10:14:53 AM »
I hate school so it was horrible the first day and horrible every single other day.
Probably likes Sonic games better than anyone else on the fungi forums.

« Reply #20 on: September 08, 2008, 04:11:08 PM »
School was a zinger for me this year. All of my friends returned as well as one from years ago! I just want to forget two years ago when I almost goit into a fistfight with my female b**** teacher.
ROM hacking with a slice of life.

Reading

• is FUNdamental
« Reply #21 on: September 08, 2008, 05:32:11 PM »
This year (10th) is excellent for me. This is my first year in high school, and I'm moving forward with a positive attitude and confidence like I did the second half of 9th. I was a bit shaky for a while, but that's how every change starts.

By "positive attitude and confidence", I'm also referring to my social life. Prior to about halfway through 9th, I had plenty of friends in school but was still content to stay with myself and a few other friends in a sort of private video game bubble. January of this year was when I stopped being content with that.
We went to see them for the first time in 5 years because they were going away for 3 years.

MaxVance

• Vance Vance Revolution
« Reply #22 on: September 08, 2008, 06:54:08 PM »
first year in high school
10th
What the dukar is up with your school district?
Remember that your first Goomba boldly you walk? When Mario touched that mushroom being brought up more largely remember that you are surprised? Miscalculate your jump that pit remember that it falls?

The Chef

• Super
« Reply #23 on: September 08, 2008, 07:45:12 PM »
That's a mean average, at least.

I'd rather have a nice average, myself.

MushroomJunkie

• He's serious
« Reply #24 on: September 09, 2008, 08:55:07 AM »
10th grade for me too.

« Reply #25 on: September 09, 2008, 10:45:16 AM »
Forget about how your first day of school was.  I want to know when.  Mine was Sept. 1, the way God intended.
Today's actually... nobody's birthday!  Quick, hurry up and make a baby!

MushroomJunkie

• He's serious
« Reply #26 on: September 09, 2008, 01:35:07 PM »
August 27.  I know, terrible.

« Reply #27 on: September 09, 2008, 01:49:14 PM »
25th for me, but I moved into my dorm a week before. It's been almost three weeks since then.
Luigison: Question everything!
Me: Why?

Reading

• is FUNdamental
« Reply #28 on: September 09, 2008, 03:03:43 PM »
What the dukar is up with your school district?
A while before I became part of the school district, the high schools became overcrowded, and building more schools wasn't practical for a certain reason (I forgot exactly what), so they moved 9th grade down into Middle School (Jr. High) and moved 6th down into Elementary. It's been that way ever since and we've all become used to it. I can't imagine 6th grade in a middle school even though that's probably what most of the other schools do.

Sept. 2 was my first day of school. It used to start in late August, but a few years ago they changed the starting date to after Labor Day like it was in the past. It's an awesome change. School gets out at pretty much the same time, so slightly longer summer. :)

Speaking of changes, my first year at Elementary had the school day end at 3:00, and then it was switched to 3:15 the rest of my time there. Then in 7th when I moved to Middle, the school day ended at 2:55. They changed it to 3:01 for my next two years there. Now I'm in 10th, and it ends at 2:11. I'm confident it's not going to continue the pattern, but who knows...
We went to see them for the first time in 5 years because they were going away for 3 years.

missingno

• ▄█ 'M ▓▒
« Reply #29 on: September 09, 2008, 06:13:09 PM »
Well, my first day of school was today, and it was very easy. I got finished with three weeks worth the work already in an hour and a half.
Ditto used Machop!

Print