Poll

Do you write with your...

Right hand?
17 (70.8%)
Left hand?
5 (20.8%)
Right hand, but do everything else with your left?
1 (4.2%)
Left hand, but do everything else with your right?
1 (4.2%)
...Or, are you completely ambidextrous?
0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 24

Print

Author Topic: Handedness  (Read 6953 times)

« on: June 12, 2009, 05:44:05 PM »
Just a quick poll here. I personally fall into the fourth category; meaning that I'm a lefty who inherently does other things like throwing and feeling with my right hand. Before voting, note that options three or four should only be selected if you do absolutely everything that that comes to mind with your non-writing hand.

Oh, and in case you weren't aware, ambidexterity is the ability to write and perform other tasks which involve motor skills equally well with both hands. Less than three percent of the world's population is ambidextrous, but there's no doubt that every other voter is gonna pick that option because ambidexterity is kewl, and so is lying about yourself on the internet.

Obama am left-handed, and so can you!
« Last Edit: June 12, 2009, 07:29:20 PM by Weegee »
YYur  waYur n beYur you Yur plusYur instYur an Yur Yur whaYur

Chupperson Weird

• Not interested.
« Reply #1 on: June 12, 2009, 06:50:32 PM »
Ambidexterity doesn't just refer to writing ability.
That was a joke.

Glorb

• Banned
« Reply #2 on: June 12, 2009, 07:00:10 PM »
I'm a righty, but apparently use a left-handed orientation for various tasks (such as using a weedwhacker) while still holding it right-handed.
every

« Reply #3 on: June 12, 2009, 07:31:35 PM »
Ambidexterity doesn't just refer to writing ability.

Happy now?

On an entirely unrelated note, Chupperson, how do you plan to commemorate your 10,000th post? I can jump out of an enormous cake and strip if you'd like.

« Reply #4 on: June 12, 2009, 08:46:24 PM »
I don't think he plans to celebrate at all. Someone's post count doesn't measure his or her worth...you're pretty awesome and you have only 298.

Anyway, I'm right handed, but I do everything else with my left. This is because I fractured my right arm when I was 11.
« Last Edit: June 12, 2009, 08:48:23 PM by PaperLuigi »
Luigison: Question everything!
Me: Why?

Turtlekid1

• Tortuga
« Reply #5 on: June 12, 2009, 09:03:08 PM »
I'm right-handed.
"It'll say life is sacred and so is death
but death is life and so we move on"

ShadowBrain

• Ridiculously relevant
« Reply #6 on: June 12, 2009, 10:07:52 PM »
Right-hand man, right here. My brother is ambidextrous-ish (the word basically meaning "right-handed with both hands").
"Mario is your oyster." ~The Chef

Chupperson Weird

• Not interested.
« Reply #7 on: June 12, 2009, 10:15:10 PM »
Dude, I had no idea I was up to 9993 posts.
That was a joke.

« Reply #8 on: June 12, 2009, 11:11:12 PM »
you're pretty awesome

Dude, I had no idea I was up to 9993 posts.

In fact, 10,000 is such a momunmentous occasion that we're organizing a surprise party for you! :'D

[darn]. My bad.

WarpRattler

• Paid by the word
« Reply #9 on: June 13, 2009, 02:38:17 PM »
Southpaw over here.

N64 Chick

• one ticked chick
« Reply #10 on: June 13, 2009, 03:26:21 PM »
I'm a lefty. Though I prefer right-hand scissors and I can't snap my fingers with my left hand.
Fangirling over Luigi since 1999.

Sqrt2

« Reply #11 on: June 13, 2009, 04:15:39 PM »
I'm right-handed.
AA fanboy and proud!

CrossEyed7

• i can make this whatever i want; you're not my dad
« Reply #12 on: June 13, 2009, 05:44:41 PM »
Totally right-handed. The only thing my left hand is good at is analog sticks -- I can't do the nunchuk for crap in my right hand. I might hold a bat left-handedly when I'm playing baseball, but that's only because I'm completely inept at sports and don't know which way is which.

On a related note, who here can do the Vulcan salute? I couldn't originally, but many years ago I started putting a golf ball between my middle and ring fingers for a couple days in a row (not all day, but for a while each day), and ever since then I've been able to do it easily with both hands. If you can't do it and you want to, there's a suggestion.
"Oh man, I wish being a part of a Mario fan community was the most embarrassing thing about my life." - Super-Jesse

Turtlekid1

• Tortuga
« Reply #13 on: June 13, 2009, 05:53:13 PM »
I've never gotten why some people can't do that.  I think it came naturally to me because my parents are trekkies.
"It'll say life is sacred and so is death
but death is life and so we move on"

« Reply #14 on: June 13, 2009, 06:20:57 PM »
That's just another thing which I can only do particularly well with my right hand.

TK, did your parents perchance have pointed ears and usually carry a staunch expression? That would explain it.

Print