Print

Author Topic: Anyone here making a Mario computer game?  (Read 35063 times)

« Reply #15 on: June 28, 2002, 11:32:39 AM »
what do you use to make your games?

Are people around you aware that Mario is a touchy subject?
Are people around you aware that Mario is a touchy subject?

« Reply #16 on: June 28, 2002, 08:11:22 PM »
It's a program called Dark Basic. It was made mainly to create 3D games easily, but it also makes programming 2D games easier by drawing sprites and detecting collision. It uses DirectX 8.1, and the 3D triangle rotation demo I made on my graphing calculator made me realize how devastatingly hard 3D programming is without DirectX. You can find it at the Dark Basic website
"I'm a stupid fatty and I like to play with my Easy Bake oven." - frostbite

« Reply #17 on: June 29, 2002, 12:20:51 PM »
I use Multimedia Fusion Express! It is good if you're not into programming. You simply lay down the title screen, levels, ending, then you plop on the backgrounds and platforms, add the characters, and you're done!

An extremly rare and valuable Yoshi!
"Who want''''s to buy a gold Yoshi? Selling Price, $99,999,999,999,999,999,999,999,999,999,999,999,999,999,999,999,999,999,999!" (almost 10 Googols!)
(This is GoldenYoshi)
"How much does the $1.99 Popcorn Chicken cost?" ~ Classic Stupidity.

Fifth

• Quadruped
« Reply #18 on: July 01, 2002, 02:17:50 PM »
Ah, but that's the great thing about the Clickteam products:  simple enough so that someone can make a playable game within an hour without any other experience, yet with enough depth and complexity beneath to allow an experienced and creative user to forge worlds and create a work of art of comercial quality.  The programs are by no means limited.

Go Moon!
Go Moon!

Spiky Blue Shell

• Bane of Mario Kart
« Reply #19 on: July 01, 2002, 03:51:15 PM »
I once played a Mario game on my schools computer. The first level was like the first level in SMB2, the second level was some kind of sewer with lots of lava, the third level was some kind of cloud level, and the 4th level was Bowser's Castle(I think). The controls were the same as SMB, but it looked like it had Super Nintendo graphics. There were koopas, spikys, and some kind of strange pirhana plants.
Does anybody know which game i am talking about?

« Reply #20 on: July 22, 2002, 06:26:34 PM »
Sigh.....nobody seems interested in my MB clone. Maybe some of the new forum members will. Anyone?

« Reply #21 on: July 22, 2002, 06:57:13 PM »
I am interested, scept I dont know how to run any of these kinds of things! Please tell me and I will be most interested. And can someone please direct me on how I would be aquireing any of these game making products! I'm tired of making Mario RPGs with RPG maker! I need to make a platform game or my head will burst!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!(well not realy, but I think it will realy get sore, cause if I dont do my hands hurt. Thats why I spend so much time drawing, drumming, playing games, or posting crap here!)Thanks! Ciao!

Listenin'' to the Music, Hearin'' people scream, Sittin'' in the waiting room, readin'' crappy magazines! With a tooth ache, this it pal! Root canal! My molars are impacted, I''m gettin'' gum disease, I''m gonna need some fillings, I''ve got twelve cavities! Can ya help me? Have mercy Doctor please!

Edited by - Super Mario 123187 on 7/22/2002 6:04:45 PM
He who fills his pockets with the rocks of misdeeds shall surely sink in the River of Good Fortune!

« Reply #22 on: July 22, 2002, 07:29:17 PM »
Did you know its been a month since this thing started? This bit of useless information was brought to you by the kind poeple who are my parents!

Listenin'' to the Music, Hearin'' people scream, Sittin'' in the waiting room, readin'' crappy magazines! With a tooth ache, this it pal! Root canal! My molars are impacted, I''m gettin'' gum disease, I''m gonna need some fillings, I''ve got twelve cavities! Can ya help me? Have mercy Doctor please!
He who fills his pockets with the rocks of misdeeds shall surely sink in the River of Good Fortune!

« Reply #23 on: August 06, 2002, 10:26:49 AM »
There, I finally found a place to put my game.......on my personal site! I just threw one page together in about 5 minutes and put the game up.

You can download it here

« Reply #24 on: August 06, 2002, 05:14:17 PM »
This better be good. Im still working the bugs out of my Mario game. I still need Mario "hoots" (hint hint), and a good animation of Mario throwing a punch.(If anybody could create one to look like the original Mario Bros pictures, cause thats what I am using. Im to lazy to do it myself. I just need pictures actually. I can put the animation together.) I was planning an original sound track but I'm just to lazy to make one up so I'm using recorded sounds from other Mario Games. Ive got some of the Music from Mario Bros on the GBA

Fifth

• Quadruped
« Reply #25 on: August 06, 2002, 07:52:52 PM »
Ah, the Mario computer game thread.
As long as it's been unearthed, I guess I'll share what I've done, as progress doesn't seem to be moving at all anyway.

http://www11.brinkster.com/yoshisan/downloads/eggs.zip
This half-megabyte file is a puzzle/action game staring Yoshi that I still haven't gotten around to finishing.  It's essentially "Penguin Land," if anybody's ever heard of that game, and it's missing graphics / levels / sounds / musics / backgrounds / a story, but it's playable, and it'll be too long before I feel motivated to work on it again.
You'll also need the file at
http://www11.brinkster.com/yoshisan/downloads/cncs232.dll
in the same directory (or the windows/system directory) for it to run.  I think that's it.

Go Moon!
Go Moon!

Chupperson Weird

• Not interested.
« Reply #26 on: August 08, 2002, 12:16:17 AM »
I've been workin' on a levels only hack of SMW for a while... It won't be done for a while, but if anybody's interested, I'll put it up somewhere if this topic is still alive... Hey... In The Games Factory, all my files end up being about 8 megs. Anybody know how to reduce file size? Does it have something to do with the size of the graphics in the game?

It sure gets boring having the same signature all the time. See what I mean?
That was a joke.

« Reply #27 on: August 08, 2002, 12:07:40 PM »
Spiky Blue Shell, the game you are talking about is Mario & Luigi.

Mario, Mario, Mario! What happened to Mr. Andretti?

« Reply #28 on: August 14, 2002, 03:43:37 PM »
Hello, I'm Back!
Well, I'm a bit stuck on Yoshi's Winter. I'm still looking for a good Yoshi's Island Engine!
If anyone has one, please E-Mail Me!!!!!

"Who want''''s to buy a gold Yoshi? Selling Price, $99,999,999,999,999,999,999,999,999,999,999,999,999,999,999,999,999,999,999!" (almost 10 Googols!)
(This is GoldenYoshi)

« Reply #29 on: August 15, 2002, 10:26:13 AM »
Fifth, where do you have that game engine you were talking about? E-Mail it to me!

"Who want''''''''''''''''s to buy a gold Yoshi? Selling Price, $99,999,999,999,999,999,999,999,999,999,999,999,999,999,999,999,999,999,999!" (almost 10 Googols!)
(This is GoldenYoshi)

Print