Print

Author Topic: Mario Bar  (Read 677689 times)

Chupperson Weird

• Not interested.
« Reply #990 on: January 08, 2003, 11:20:54 PM »
You're goin' DOWN, Mister!
Samus may have all the cool gadgets and junk, but Krystal is WAY cooler than Samus'll ever be.
That was a joke.

Watoad

• Self-evictor
« Reply #991 on: January 09, 2003, 10:01:40 AM »
Do you really mean "cooler"?
The weaker you are, the stronger you can become.

Chupperson Weird

• Not interested.
« Reply #992 on: January 10, 2003, 12:15:59 AM »
Yes, I do. I don't mean she looks better (which she does, anyway, but that's beside the point.)
Samus's strength/power/whatever comes from her Power Suit. She's dependent on a piece of technology. Krystal, on the other hand, is naturally strong and stuff. I just think she's cool. Partly because of her part in the storyline.
That was a joke.

Watoad

• Self-evictor
« Reply #993 on: January 10, 2003, 05:57:02 PM »
Makes sense.

Having played no more than a few minutes' worth of SFA or any Metroid game, I don't know much about either character. Hence there is nothing more that I have to contribute to this discussion.

Sorry for the words "hence," "contribute," and "discussion." They just seemed to fall into place.

« Reply #994 on: January 10, 2003, 07:38:59 PM »
This isn't a bar anymore, is it? And what happened to Yoshi Girl?

It's ah me Marioguy
I HATE JON!!! He betrayed me. So now everyone can have his picture.

« Reply #995 on: January 10, 2003, 07:45:19 PM »
Yeah but have you ever seen screenshots of Metroid Prime???Ya get all these cool power-ups like...Morph Ball upgrades &...visor upgrades...in one of the upgrades the thermal visor makes you see like the predator...so really,Samus is way cooler!Sorry Krystal...

Do you know when we die,we''ll be boos too?
Find your inner monkey.

« Reply #996 on: January 10, 2003, 09:02:07 PM »
The File itself is 1.7 MB, and the zip is 709 KB. Your pick. Sorry it took so long to reply.

Moo!
More shtick than you can shake a stick at.

Insane Steve

• Professional Cynic
« Reply #997 on: January 10, 2003, 09:03:10 PM »
I have no comment. I don't play either game avidly. AT ALL. I am a Mario player, pure and simple. I play MARIO games, and joined this forum for MARIO discussions. I don't know much about Star Fox or Metroid. Or most other games. (Ok, maybe a bit about Donkey Kong, Zelda and Kirby.) That's about it.

Anyway, it seems the bar theme has been lost. As the main bartender has left. Too bad she won't see her topic be only the 2nd (I think) to hit 1,000 posts. Amazing.

(I haven't got my Black Russian. My posts are getting too errrrr... thought out!)

Everyone has their own opinions, no matter how WRONG they are.
~I.S.~

Chupperson Weird

• Not interested.
« Reply #998 on: January 10, 2003, 09:32:31 PM »
I must now defend my position:

"Yeah but have you ever seen screenshots of Metroid Prime???Ya get all these cool power-ups like...Morph Ball upgrades &...visor upgrades...in one of the upgrades the thermal visor..."

I have not only seen screenshots, I have played the game. The upgrades are cool, sure, but they're not characters. Like I was saying, Samus's "coolness" comes from her gadgets and junk. She's biologically dependent on a piece of technology.
Krystal is much more real to me. She's a character with depth and personality. She interacts with other people!

...I do, however like Samus better now because of Metroid Fusion, where she actually has some thoughts during the game, rather than becoming the mindless avatar all the time for whoever is controlling her, as in previous games (and Metroid Prime.)

Edited by - Chupperson Weird on 1/10/2003 7:35:11 PM
That was a joke.

Chupperson Weird

• Not interested.
« Reply #999 on: January 10, 2003, 09:34:01 PM »
Here's your Black Russian.
Hey, guess what!
That was a joke.

Chupperson Weird

• Not interested.
« Reply #1000 on: January 10, 2003, 09:34:31 PM »
I
GOT
THE...

999th REPLY!!!!

That's 1000 posts on the Mario Bar! Woohoo!

Edited by - Chupperson Weird on 1/10/2003 7:36:31 PM
That was a joke.

Insane Steve

• Professional Cynic
« Reply #1001 on: January 10, 2003, 09:35:51 PM »
1000th maybe.

~~You may have the 1,000th POST, but I have the post that officially brought this into the quadruple digit replies.

And what a waste of post it was.

Everyone has their own opinions, no matter how WRONG they are.

Edited by - Insane Steve on 1/10/2003 7:47:31 PM
~I.S.~

« Reply #1002 on: January 10, 2003, 10:26:14 PM »
umm...ok I'm beat.I consider defeat!

Do you know when we die,we''''ll be boos too?
Find your inner monkey.

Chupperson Weird

• Not interested.
« Reply #1003 on: January 10, 2003, 11:34:04 PM »
All I can do now it sit back quietly and smile. Hehe. As Pyrasaur said, "I won't argue Chupperson, I know I'll lose."
...When I'm determined to make my point, no one stands a chance.
That was a joke.

Watoad

• Self-evictor
« Reply #1004 on: January 11, 2003, 12:30:10 AM »
If someone were to make the argument that you have a little hubris in you, would you be able to defeat it, as well?

Print