Print

Author Topic: Is WTMK down?  (Read 3256 times)

« on: October 18, 2002, 09:00:20 AM »
I was wondering if anyone knows why WTMK Radio won't work for me. For some reason, RealOne Player and Winamp 3 won't play it. If i try to launch it from the site, i just get a white page with-

"[playlist] numberofentries=1 File1=ftp.emulationzone.org:26010"

as the only text on the page. Does anyone know what could be wrong?

Fifth

• Quadruped
« Reply #1 on: October 18, 2002, 10:55:54 AM »
I'm guessing that your MP3 players aren't set up to open that kind of file automatically.  You should try taking the streaming address ( ftp.emulationzone.org:26010 ) and copy-pasting it into the program's "play location" (or somthing similar) prompt.

Go Moon!
Go Moon!

« Reply #2 on: October 18, 2002, 02:04:14 PM »
it could be down. i tried opening it yesterday and it said it cou;dnt find the site or whatever. and my player DOES play .pls files

Chupperson Weird

• Not interested.
« Reply #3 on: October 19, 2002, 12:11:08 AM »
That's what happens to me, so I copied the URL and pasted it into winamp, and it works fine. I was listening to WTMK yesterday and everything was fine, if a little different.
That was a joke.

« Reply #4 on: October 19, 2002, 03:36:42 AM »
I've copyed and pasted the URL many times. It still won't work. In Winamp, it says "HTTP: returned 0". What could that mean?

Sigh....i really wanna hear WTMK.

Chupperson Weird

• Not interested.
« Reply #5 on: October 19, 2002, 10:36:45 PM »
Weird. It's messed up now.

We`ve taken care of everything, The words you hear, the songs you sing, The pictures that give pleasure to your eyes. It`s one for all and all for one, We work together common sons, Never need to wonder how or why.
We are the Priests, of the Temples of Syrinx. Our great computers fill the hallowed halls. We are the Priests, of the Temples of Syrinx. All the gifts of life are held within our walls...

Edited by - Chupperson Weird on 10/19/2002 9:38:13 PM
That was a joke.

« Reply #6 on: January 02, 2003, 10:43:16 PM »
is "ignorance is bliss" on WTMK still. the last time I listened I never heard it.

The world would be a much cleaner place if people would eat their own trash.
"At Dukar, we place our emphasis on serving you, supporting
you, and helping you be as successful as possible."

Chupperson Weird

• Not interested.
« Reply #7 on: January 02, 2003, 11:13:36 PM »
I don't believe it is. Something about copyrights.
That was a joke.

Watoad

• Self-evictor
« Reply #8 on: January 02, 2003, 11:30:46 PM »
If you check the TMK soundtrack list, you'll see that "Ignorance is Bliss" comes from an album called "While Knuckle Scorin'." I got a used copy of this from half.ebay.com. If you want to, you can do the same, as there are still multiple copies of it available there:

http://half.ebay.com/cat/buy/prod.cgi?cpid=1751456&domain_id=1876&meta_id=2

Of note: "Ignorance is Bliss" is the only song on that CD I like. I paid very little for it, though, so it was worth it.
The weaker you are, the stronger you can become.

Print