Print

Author Topic: Active Members  (Read 102123 times)

Sapphira

• Inquiring
« Reply #210 on: September 10, 2003, 01:39:41 PM »
This layout is perfectly fine. Simplicity does NOT necessarily = BAD. Often, simplicity is BETTER.

And besides, even if it WERE a bad layout, fancy junk does NOT make a board; it's, as CW, I believe, said, SUBSTANCE.  This board DID have substance...only lately it seems it's been falling apart...

And insulting gets you nowhere. It only makes others mad, making the situation WORSE. I do not understand why people can't seem to debate about anything without turning it into flaming. O, what a society we live in today! XD

--------------------
Wise men talk because they have something to say;
fools, because they have to say something.

Edited by - Sapphira on 9/12/2003 6:31:58 PM
"The surest way to happiness is to lose yourself in a cause greater than yourself."

« Reply #211 on: September 10, 2003, 02:14:15 PM »
I come to these forums simply because of their simplicity. (And I like Mario.) I'll explain more in "The Big Boo's 500th post", a ripoff of Lizard Dude's 1000th post celebration. I'll make it as soon as I get 499 posts.

Edited by - Lizard Dude on 9/10/2003 3:23:12 PM

Markio

• Normal
« Reply #212 on: September 10, 2003, 03:10:41 PM »
"And insulting gets you nowhere."

Um, is that directed at me, or are you agreeing?

Fruit...
"Hello Kitty is cool, but I like Keroppi the best."

Sapphira

• Inquiring
« Reply #213 on: September 10, 2003, 03:38:37 PM »
It wasn't directed toward anyone specifically. Just a general statement.  I used "you" in passive voice. XD

(Note to self: Add MadMario to the "Occasional Return Posters" next update.)

--------------------
Wise men talk because they have something to say;
fools, because they have to say something.
"The surest way to happiness is to lose yourself in a cause greater than yourself."

Forest Guy

• Anything else?
« Reply #214 on: September 10, 2003, 04:13:01 PM »
Alright, I take back what I said a little. I was a little harsh, but Jon is acting rather kooky lately.

Only a fool scoffs at the laws of Ushido. *Takes out Katana* The might of righteousness will overcome the wrath of evil. *Eats slice of Pizza* My cause is worthy. Meow! I am the Samurai Pizza Cat!
= = = = = = =
Agender, curry fan, Top 10 lister, indie dev, gym hitter, musician, et al.

« Reply #215 on: September 10, 2003, 04:24:50 PM »
Don't worry about the board falling apart, Sapphira, it never really does. The group of people only changes. You've seen at least one big shift since you came here; there will be more.

“I’m a stupid fatty and I love to play with my Easy Bake oven!”

« Reply #216 on: September 10, 2003, 04:30:03 PM »
Well, ok, whatever. But I think if Classicgaming has PHP and mySQL, he could probably add stuff to these forums  that makes them a bit more present-like. Thant's all im asking. And probably a whole new forum for Newbies/Spam crap or whatever so the good froums arent destroyed.

-----------------------------
Mario likes to dance in his backwards pants! Yay!

« Reply #217 on: September 10, 2003, 04:36:53 PM »
*Gasp* Jon said crap! Has he been hypnotised by sadib100?

« Reply #218 on: September 10, 2003, 05:27:57 PM »
Who cares? If it's not automatically censored, then it's not bad.

X-Box and PS2 Suck with a capital "S".
Deezer was here.

Black Mage

• HP 1018 MP 685
« Reply #219 on: September 10, 2003, 05:51:33 PM »
"Some spots of greatness still shine through. I'm sticking around for them to break out and take over again."

It's going to be a long wait, by the looks of it.

But, as long as those of you whom I enjoy reading from stick around, you won't see a farewell from me, anytime soon.

Also, to clarify, since people enjoy throwing the word "Newbie" around:

More Memebers = Good
 More Newbies = Bad

Personally, I don't think you earn the title "Newbie" from the length of your visit, but your actions and posts along the way.

But then again, to each their own, I guess.

Trainman

• Bob-Omg
« Reply #220 on: September 10, 2003, 08:10:29 PM »
I'm sorry. I was being a butt, I know. It's just that Jon was giving me some crud about stuff. These forums are fine, Jon. I don't like having to scroll down 30 feet (I know, overstatement. :P) to get past just ONE of the pic by your name, at your forums, Jon.

I know, I'll get mad. But it seems like some people love to get on my case and make me look like I'm the "bad guy." Other people will then start to agree. I'm quick to say I'm sorry and I'm laid-back, but I have the right to post my belief or opinion. Well, that's pretty much the same thing, oh well. :P I'm a true newbie, and I don't think I'm a bad person here. Do y'all think I'm bad? Please tell me because I would love to know. (Not you Sadib. You don't say anything about me.) I do agree with some of the statements people made about Jon. Listen to LD's post, Jon. What did he say, "Jon doesn't know what makes a really good forum?" Yeah something similar to that. But I agree fully with that, and so should Jon. I guess jon should be put on the "Occasional Posters" list. He'll post only if I make him mad, hahaha. Not really. :P

About the "Active Members" list.... when will we be seeing an update?

I played SMB on my Tuba today. Yahoo!

Funny Things to do With Your Microwave

Get a toothpick and stick into a piece of cork. Light the tip on fire, place in the microwave, and rev it up. Vertical fireballs should ride from the toothpick up to the top of the microwave. LD, you have an E-Z Bake Oven, but it won''t work with that I don''t think
Formerly quite reasonable.

Forest Guy

• Anything else?
« Reply #221 on: September 10, 2003, 08:21:54 PM »
Hey! What a coincidence! I just wrote down the Mario Bros. songs I wrote on the piano onto some blank music sheets! I have my own sheet music now! I played a bunch of my songs on my Horn last night. Fun fun fun!

Only a fool scoffs at the laws of Ushido. *Takes out Katana* The might of righteousness will overcome the wrath of evil. *Eats slice of Pizza* My cause is worthy. Meow! I am the Samurai Pizza Cat!
= = = = = = =
Agender, curry fan, Top 10 lister, indie dev, gym hitter, musician, et al.

« Reply #222 on: September 10, 2003, 08:26:56 PM »
You're a pain in the butt! AHahahahahahah! =P

Just kidding. Im just sick and tired of you complaining yourself bout me and mairoguy. So.....

Chupperson Weird

• Not interested.
« Reply #223 on: September 10, 2003, 10:17:57 PM »
I think I'll close this topic and make a new one, considering what the discussion in here has turned to. Any objections?

One other thing, the forums aren't going to change. These forums are good, and newbies who want to change it have always had no effect, so quit trying. We like these forums the way they are. "Improving" them would make them less good.

Darn. Just another mess o’ Chocolate Pan Dowdy.
That was a joke.

Trainman

• Bob-Omg
« Reply #224 on: September 10, 2003, 10:58:32 PM »
"...complaining yourself bout me and mairoguy." Jon, that makes no sense. Complaining myself? That made no sense. Wait, yeah I'm complaining because you unmod me and everything because of you trying to pick fights with me and that I said something about it, i.e. all you said was "trains suck" the whole time at the chatroom or you would say "uuuuuh" all the time. I think anybody would be mad about that. You already had your first example when you always said "yay" and people had to beat you down for it. Why are you getting mad about me not liking marioguy/Sadib100? Nobody likes him. (Remember Markio, generalization.) Everybody has ahd their complaints about him, but it looks like you're sticking up for him. Do you like him now, or something? Are you going to turn out to be a 3rd marioguy?

Funny Things to do With Your Microwave

Get a toothpick and stick into a piece of cork. Light the tip on fire, place in the microwave, and rev it up. Vertical fireballs should ride from the toothpick up to the top of the microwave. LD, you have an E-Z Bake Oven, but it won''t work with that I don''t think
Formerly quite reasonable.

Print