Print

Author Topic: TMK is at least 5 years overdue for a redesign!!  (Read 9441 times)

Markio

• Normal
« Reply #30 on: September 28, 2004, 12:51:23 AM »
Megabyte, you probably shouldn't just assume what someone is possibly implying, because if he wasn't it makes you look... "bad", I guess, but if it was definitely implied in his post, which I doubt, then assume away.

Also, this site has a good design and all that, but there's a lot of empty space and almost too much simplicity on the splash page, in my opinion.  Just the rectangle with the 5 different Mario sprites is a little boring, but I don't mean you have to spice things up so much they burn your tongue.  I saw the previous splash pages with TMK in big letters and different font colors, and then the cartoony mario ones and the one with TMK spelled with a SSBM pic cut-out, and they all looked better because it wasn't just "red, blue, brown", the only colors Mario has.  With Yoshi or Luigi's green or the princess's pink or yellow, there would be more variety in color, while still downplaying the "seizure-causing eye-candy".  Forgive me for not being able to work out my grammar for this post.

Everything is as smooth as sandpaper pajamas.
"Hello Kitty is cool, but I like Keroppi the best."

TEM

• THE SOVIET'S MOST DANGEROUS PUZZLE.
« Reply #31 on: September 28, 2004, 05:19:39 PM »
It seemed to me he was implying that.

Egg Power

MEGAߥTE

• In flames
« Reply #32 on: September 28, 2004, 10:45:13 PM »
We've had ideas for the splash page, but seriously, it's a freaking splash page... you should bookmark the main page and never go back.  The sheer amount of whining has made us NOT want to change it.

And Markio, my statement was conditional.  "Are you..."  with a response based on that condition.  That isn't quite the same as an assumption.

Edited by - MEGAߥTE on 9/28/2004 9:47:21 PM

Markio

• Normal
« Reply #33 on: September 28, 2004, 11:15:03 PM »
Alright then,  you are acquitted of the charges of my suggestion, which becomes null and void due to an application to the wrong situation.

Big words are fun...
"Hello Kitty is cool, but I like Keroppi the best."

« Reply #34 on: October 03, 2004, 07:09:42 PM »
I'm not implying anything except that TMK needs a redesign.

____
Being a better slave never made anyone free
TMK/Fungi Forums-Maniac since 2002.

WarpRattler

• Paid by the word
« Reply #35 on: October 05, 2004, 10:14:34 PM »
DOT DOT DOT HOW THE HECK DID THAT HAPPEN I WAS TRYING TO POST IN MY OTHER TOPIC I GUESS I FORGOT HOW TO POST IN A CLOSED TOPIC</wtd>

("o0o") My metroid thinks you are stupid. People who
....v...v disagree with metroids often get sucked dry.<•>_<•>

Edited by - donotcare95 on 10/5/2004 9:19:54 PM

WarpRattler

• Paid by the word
« Reply #36 on: October 05, 2004, 10:21:34 PM »
Now, back to the topic at hand.
===========================

Those stupid Gamespy ads are getting way out of hand. I refreshed a page after getting one of those, and IT CAME UP WITH THE AD AGAIN!!! I hate Gamespy. Unfortunately, it's the only way TMK can go to E3...

("o0o") My metroid thinks you are stupid. People who
....v...v disagree with metroids often get sucked dry.<•>_<•>

Print