Print

Author Topic: Mariology (serious posts wanted)  (Read 477526 times)

The Chef

• Super
« Reply #450 on: May 07, 2006, 09:16:30 AM »
Maybe their parents moved to Brooklyn but the babies accidantly found their way back into the Mushroom Dimension and met Baby Peach.

« Reply #451 on: May 07, 2006, 11:23:23 AM »
Out of everyone in the entire Mushroom World only Mario can understand their language?

Yoshi and/or a Yoshi spoke in:

Super Mario World
The letter at his house, when you get Yoshi out of the egg

Super Mario RPG
That place with all the Yoshi's I forgot

Super Mario 64
Yoshi on the roof

Paper Mario
Yoshi's Village

Paper Mario: The Thousand Year Door
Your partner, Excess Express passenger

The cartoon series
Senior Mariology professor

Kojinka

• Bruised
« Reply #452 on: May 07, 2006, 01:56:06 PM »
The cartoon series isn't really counted as canon.
Regards, Uncle Dolan

« Reply #453 on: May 07, 2006, 05:05:41 PM »
Everything else should be though.

The Chef

• Super
« Reply #454 on: May 08, 2006, 03:42:39 PM »
All of those instances(except PM2, but more on that later) invloved Mario's old friend, The Green Yoshi. So maybe he's able to speak english, but the pther Yoshis native to Yoster Isle cannot. The Small Yoshi from PM2 is probably able to speak english because he's from Glitzville.

Sapphira

• Inquiring
« Reply #455 on: May 08, 2006, 04:38:43 PM »
Uh... I don't think the green Yoshi in Paper Mario was the same as the Yoshi.
"The surest way to happiness is to lose yourself in a cause greater than yourself."

The Chef

• Super
« Reply #456 on: May 08, 2006, 04:49:21 PM »
Why not?

« Reply #457 on: May 08, 2006, 05:10:26 PM »
For some reason, when I saw this thread name, I thought of "scientology". Wierd. Anyways:

Anyone have any idea why toads look like that? I mean, their heads look like mushrooms.
"I don't know why they're called boyshorts! Boys don't wear shorts that short!" - Mitchie

« Reply #458 on: May 08, 2006, 06:27:00 PM »
Anyone have any idea why toads look like that? I mean, their heads look like mushrooms.

Kinda off topic, we'll take about this in a sec.

The Yoshi's on Lava Lava Island where either differnt colors than green or had kids.

And the Yoshi doesn't fit those categories.
« Last Edit: May 08, 2006, 07:52:05 PM by yoshimastar »

The Chef

• Super
« Reply #459 on: May 09, 2006, 08:12:11 PM »
Maybe the new Yoshi's Island 2 for the DS will answer a few questions about Mario, Peach and Donkey Kong's past.

« Reply #460 on: May 09, 2006, 09:48:49 PM »
Doubt it, might just add more mysteries with a bad story.

BP

• Beside Pacific
« Reply #461 on: May 09, 2006, 11:12:15 PM »
The PMTTYD Yoshi ISN'T Yoshi. He's just NOT. For one, the PMTTYD Yoshi looks nothing like Yoshi (Yoshi himself is bald and has a different "shell," not to mention the PMTTYD isn't ALWAYS green, even. Another thing, we can safely infer that the Mario game chronology is just about the same as the release chronology, exceptions being games where the baby Mario Bros. are the stars which obviously happened first, and spinoffs which I think of as existing outside of time. Mario met Yoshi, the Yoshi, the one and only Yoshi, either as one of the Yoshis in SMW2, or the one he got from striking that ? block in Yoshi's Island 2 in SMW. That's long before PMTTYD happened.
All your dreeeeeeams begiiin to shatterrrrrr~
It's YOUR problem!

« Reply #462 on: May 10, 2006, 01:51:38 PM »
My theory:
(WARNING: FAR FETCHED ALERT) Compromising between the two popular theories, Maybe Mario & Luigi's father was human and their mother was a toad who lived in Brooklyn. When she thought they were old-enough to fend for themselves (right after Mario's rescue in Donkey Kong), She told them the truth about where their history. She told them where to find the far away string of Islands in the Pacific that make up the Mushroom Universe. And My theory about Peach and the reigning monarch, Peach and the Royal Bloodline are the descendants of the first Humans to set foot in the Mushroom Kingdom, and because of their size above the other Creatures, the Toads thought they must be Great Leaders and almost god-like. The Koopa family , such as Bowser and his troopers, however, dind't like the concept of some group of people who were new to the islands take over, so thats why Bowser hates Peach. With Wario& Waluigi, my theory is that their Mother was Mario & Luigi's Mother's sister, making them Cousins, But both of them went to Brooklyn, married, and their husbands opened a plumbing business. But Wario & Waluigi's mother got angry that Her sister's husband was more talented and she tried to kill Mario and Luigi's father (After Yoshi's Island of course) and succeeded when her sister and her husband found out, he divorced her, and she said she never wanted to see her again. So The Wicked Brothers' mother took Wario and Waluigi back to the Mushroom Kingdom, where she told them that Mario and Luigi's dad killed their father, causing them to hate their cousins and causing Wario to want to steal enough money to find Mario & Luigi, travel to wherever they were, and kill them. But after he met the Brothers, they told what had actually happened and Wario and Waluigi believed it, but still dislike their cousins because of their success and popularity, which they envy.

I have a lot more to say, but to be nice to you, I won't.
« Last Edit: May 10, 2006, 01:53:12 PM by spamspamspamspam »
OH, NO! There goes Tokyo! GO, GO GODZILLA!
------
Yinzers Rule!

« Reply #463 on: May 10, 2006, 01:57:39 PM »
Oh and Donkey Kong, His Island is a tropical island right out of Mushroom Kingdom Waters. Hence his connection with the Mario Sports games and Mario's Capture of Him in Donkey Kong Jr.
OH, NO! There goes Tokyo! GO, GO GODZILLA!
------
Yinzers Rule!

The Chef

• Super
« Reply #464 on: May 10, 2006, 02:08:55 PM »
I had a similar theory to yours, exept Mario's mother was still a human(but from The Mushroom Kingdom nonetheless) and they lived there until Mario and Luigi were born. Then they moved back to Brooklyn. Mario and Luigi remained there until the day that they discovered the portal which led back to The Mushroom Kingdom(which their parents kept secret from them throughout their life).

Print