Print

Author Topic: TMK @ E3  (Read 75103 times)

Luigison

• Old Person™
« Reply #150 on: February 25, 2005, 08:49:20 AM »
Watoad, I think they are more likely to stop us carrying OUT our own TV.

LD, I still don't get the following.

"You all have remound me of a legendary story of my life, involving a hotel TV, a tube of toothpaste, a fingernail clipper, a lighter, blood, a teacher, intrigue, suspense, horror, and treachery."

Can you explain this legendary story?
“Evolution has shaped us with perceptions that allow us to survive. But part of that involves hiding from us the stuff we don’t need to know."

Watoad

• Self-evictor
« Reply #151 on: February 25, 2005, 04:47:44 PM »
I have no personal experience with using hotel TVs for much of anything or with bringing in my own displays. But I like what I'm hearing from the 'sons. In fact, I'd say that if we find hookups on the back of the TV in our room, we should just go ahead and use the thing for our games. (We would probably want to put stuff away when room service comes in, though—if we ever allow room service to come in.)

Yeah, two things about that comment of Lizard's continue to confuse me: What is "remound," and why won't you tell us the story? Heck, while I'm asking questions like that, I may as well also ask:

Why "e3"??

The weaker you are, the stronger you can become.

« Reply #152 on: February 25, 2005, 10:42:56 PM »
You guys still don't get it?  How could he be any more clear? :)=

Isn't remound just the incorrect spelling of "reminded"?  And like Watoad said... why e3?!?!!

Everyone is entitled to their own opinions, but not their own facts.  But I think we can all agree that Mario rules and that''s a fact!

Edited by - Yoshisaurus Rex on 2/27/2005 7:02:33 PM
(E I): o{D___(--I I): o(D___(o 8(= P)___(=(:  )@)___(3 I)}:O})+)___<( )=(: )) )
The cake is a lie, your base belongs to us, keyboard cat will play you off as you fall out of the bus.

Chupperson Weird

• Not interested.
« Reply #153 on: February 26, 2005, 10:45:57 PM »
It is a correct spelling, or something.

"Don’t look into car headlights and freeze, because you might get run over or shot."
That was a joke.

Watoad

• Self-evictor
« Reply #154 on: February 27, 2005, 02:05:01 AM »
I checked three dictionaries (two online, one made of trees) for "remound," and I could not find it.

Why "e3"??

« Reply #155 on: February 27, 2005, 01:19:58 PM »
You should have checked a Fictionary.

I thought of it on my own, but that's what I meant. Sorry for causing confusion with improper verb forms.

I'll tell the story sometime when I feel like it.

“I’m a stupid fatty and I love to play with my Easy Bake oven.”

« Reply #156 on: February 27, 2005, 07:04:21 PM »
Sounded like a real word to me...
"Be yourself. Everyone else is taken."

Watoad

• Self-evictor
« Reply #157 on: March 01, 2005, 02:25:59 PM »
Feel like it! Feel like it! :D

Hey, Fifth, I was wondering something: From where will you and your friend be getting your E3 tickets?

Okay, game masters, I have a couple more questions for ya. The Japanese title of Feel the Magic: XY/XX is &#12365;&#12415;&#12398;&#12383;&#12417;&#12394;&#12425;&#27515;&#12397;&#12427;, as you can see to the right. Although I have never seen the grammar form &#12383;&#12417; followed immediately by the grammar form &#12394;&#12425;, it seems pretty clear to me that the title means, "I Can Die for You." Does feel the magic have to do with death, too, or is just about love &rsquo;n&rsquo; stuff?

Other question thing: I have an SNES ROM of a Sonic the Hedgehog game that I got way back when I was into downloading ROMs. However, to my knowledge there is no Sonic game for that system. Any idea what the deal is?

That second question isn't so much random as one that I've been wanting to ask someone for a long time.

Why "e3"??

« Reply #158 on: March 01, 2005, 02:50:49 PM »
The day he saw her as they passed on the street,
it was love at first sight.
But being an ordinary, shy boy,
he could never get a girl like her.
Being the most sought after girl in high school,
she had the brains, body, and smile that made
all of the guys' hearts melt.

What should have ended in a crush
was suddenly turned upside down
when an unusual man with bunny ears on his head
suddenly appeared.
This leader of the Super Performance
Group, the Rub Rabbits,
gave our hero the chance to earn
the affection of his dream girl.
With a fish tank and some crazy stunts,
he embarks on a love story unlike
any other...

MEGAߥTE

• In flames
« Reply #159 on: March 01, 2005, 08:04:31 PM »
> Does feel the magic have to do with death, too, or is just about love ’n’ stuff?

The more applicable translation would be "I would die for you," simply showing the devotion the guy has for the girl.  It doesn't have to do with death (at least in any serious way).

> Other question thing: I have an SNES ROM of a Sonic the Hedgehog game that I got way back when I was into downloading ROMs. However, to my knowledge there is no Sonic game for that system. Any idea what the deal is?

It is a hack of Speedy Gonzales.

Watoad

• Self-evictor
« Reply #160 on: March 01, 2005, 10:40:13 PM »

This is nuts!!! I was planning to wait until I got my refund from PayPal for my last DS attempt before trying again, but I found another Buy It Now that was $9 cheaper than the crazy-cheap one I found last time! And it was listed only 47 minutes before I found and bought it! CRAZY GO NUTS!!!

Perhaps the coolest thing about all this is that if I messed up by going after another DS too soon, and I somehow end up still getting the first one (very unlikely), then I can easily resell the extra one for a higher price than I paid for it.

Okay, enough of that. I hope I don't come off as too much of a braggart&mdash;I freely admit that I can't normally find good BINs within an hour of their posting. That's generally just a bit beyond my control. XD

Thanks for the infos, mystical game masters (MGMs). Much appreciated. :)

M&szlig;, is your Japanese really that good already, or are you just being practical?

Why "e3"??

Chupperson Weird

• Not interested.
« Reply #161 on: March 01, 2005, 11:10:49 PM »
Well, it could be either thing, but I believe the title is officially "I Would Die For You".

"Don’t look into car headlights and freeze, because you might get run over or shot."
That was a joke.

Watoad

• Self-evictor
« Reply #162 on: March 02, 2005, 01:11:29 PM »
Hmm, this is interesting. The seller from whom I first attempted to buy a DS is a company called Aden Reality. Before running into eBay troubles, their web site said that they were in the business of making games and/or a game console (can't remember which).

The site changed completely when their eBay operations were shut down, but it looks like it's starting to get back on its feet again. I bring this up because I just noticed a new page they added about their "A.R. Nexus" console. Could this actually be real? And would it have anything to do with the "Nexus" console that I think Lizard Dude or somebody posted about before?

Why "e3"??

goodie

• Nike and Reebok
« Reply #163 on: March 02, 2005, 08:14:51 PM »
If their description didn't say the OS was Linux-based, I would've thought this was just another PC with the DISCover technology. But seeing it is Linux-based, it could be a cool machine. I doubt there will be many people making games for it though.
576f726c6420392069732061207365637265742e

« Reply #164 on: March 03, 2005, 02:34:13 AM »
There were a few companies awhile back trying to make basically plug-and-play consoles that played PC games like a console (hooked up to a TV and using the normal PC game discs).

One is the Phantom, being developed by Infinium Labs, which seems to be doing more crazy stuff than actually making a console.

I -think- the other one was the Nexus, but I think it was the one that only consisted of concept art or something. I recently think I heard of one of these endeavors going broke (not surprising).

Or this could be something I haven't heard of. But it sounds like the same kind of thing.

Edited by - Lizard Dude on 3/3/2005 12:38:45 AM

Print