Print

Author Topic: TMK @ E3  (Read 75463 times)

Watoad

• Self-evictor
« Reply #225 on: April 11, 2005, 12:58:14 AM »
Yeah, that's true, but I haven't posted there in like a month. Maybe soon . . .

I'm glad that my computer's not in China right now.

"He is not a fool who gives up what he cannot keep for the sake of what he can never lose."
The weaker you are, the stronger you can become.

Luigison

• Old Person™
« Reply #226 on: April 11, 2005, 01:08:19 AM »
This place is all yours now.  I'm going to sleep.  G'nite.
“Evolution has shaped us with perceptions that allow us to survive. But part of that involves hiding from us the stuff we don’t need to know."

« Reply #227 on: April 11, 2005, 07:15:26 AM »
Did anyone else just think of SMRPG when Luigison said that?

Everyone is entitled to their own opinions, but not their own facts.  But I think we can all agree that Mario rules and that''s a fact!

Edited by - Yoshisaurus Rex on 4/11/2005 12:08:08 PM
(E I): o{D___(--I I): o(D___(o 8(= P)___(=(:  )@)___(3 I)}:O})+)___<( )=(: )) )
The cake is a lie, your base belongs to us, keyboard cat will play you off as you fall out of the bus.

Watoad

• Self-evictor
« Reply #228 on: April 12, 2005, 02:16:58 AM »
Either Deezer and MEGAߥTE died, or we didn't get any E3 tickets. Whichever it is, ;__;.

"He is not a fool who gives up what he cannot keep for the sake of what he can never lose."

« Reply #229 on: April 12, 2005, 06:36:52 AM »
Did anyone else just think of interrogating Deezer and MegaByte when Watoad said that? :)

I bet that you guys will get the tickets.  Probably just a delay from Gamespy or something.  But check out what I just got in the mail yesterday.  Five tickets to E3!  Yay!  Okay, sorry I shouldn't joke about that.

Everyone is entitled to their own opinions, but not their own facts.  But I think we can all agree that Mario rules and that''s a fact!
(E I): o{D___(--I I): o(D___(o 8(= P)___(=(:  )@)___(3 I)}:O})+)___<( )=(: )) )
The cake is a lie, your base belongs to us, keyboard cat will play you off as you fall out of the bus.

« Reply #230 on: April 12, 2005, 02:16:09 PM »
It's GameSpy who's dead, not Deez and MB.

“I’m a stupid fatty and I love to play with my Easy Bake oven.”

Watoad

• Self-evictor
« Reply #231 on: April 12, 2005, 02:37:23 PM »
Oh, really? Hmm. Well, still, I haven't seen either of them around the forums recently.

Deezer

• Invincible
« Reply #232 on: April 12, 2005, 10:44:23 PM »
I just found out today that they'll probably know by the end of the week.

Watoad

• Self-evictor
« Reply #233 on: April 12, 2005, 11:27:04 PM »
Deezer lives!

Thanks. :)

Watoad

• Self-evictor
« Reply #234 on: April 13, 2005, 11:54:03 AM »
Somebody's already trying.

Heh, the seller has the concert labeled as "Classical." Is that accurate? The Black Mages CD I have definitely doesn't consist of classical-style music. XD

Deezer

• Invincible
« Reply #235 on: April 13, 2005, 09:15:42 PM »
I got the word not too long ago.

-------------------------------------

Planet people,

A lot of you have been asking what the situation was with E3 passes this year. I apologize for the delay in getting a concrete answer to you all.

At the very last minute, we were able to secure a group of guest passes. So we will be giving some out!

In order to qualify for a pass, you must:
- Be 18 years of age or older
- Run an active hosted site (which has been hosted by us for more than three months)
- Be able to get to the show on your own. We are only providing passes to get into the show, not airfare/hotel/food/etc.

This year, E3's expo is May 18-20. For more information, see http://e3expo.com/.

Tickets are available on a first-come, first served basis. Deadline for getting your information in is May 1st. We are limiting passes to 1 per site if you are hosted on a planetgamename and 2 per site if you are hosted on a genre planet (such as 3DAP, SportPlanet, StrategyPlanet, etc.) *and* the game your site covers will be at the show.

If you absolutely, positively need 2 passes, we may make exceptions for exceptional cases and exceptional sites, but again, tickets are limited and we can't promise anything.

Luigison

• Old Person™
« Reply #236 on: April 13, 2005, 09:46:00 PM »
I interpret that to mean TMK will get at most two tickets.  Is that right?
“Evolution has shaped us with perceptions that allow us to survive. But part of that involves hiding from us the stuff we don’t need to know."

Watoad

• Self-evictor
« Reply #237 on: April 14, 2005, 01:26:52 AM »
STINGY!!! Man. What happened to the good ol' days?

In my humble opinion, both TMK and The Bonk Compendium are exceptional sites. I don't suppose we could scrounge up four tickets with them? Or is there no chance of a Bonk game being covered at E3?

Well, this is better than zero tickets, I guess. Good or bad, this is at least some news, finally, and I thank ye for it, Deezer.

« Reply #238 on: April 14, 2005, 02:37:58 AM »
Deezer is requesting more than 2.
Bonk may get 1 or more.
Fryguy of NinDB isn't going and we're trying to get his ticket.
I think we're also going to ask other GameSpy sites if they need their ticket or not.

“I’m a stupid fatty and I love to play with my Easy Bake oven.”

MEGAߥTE

• In flames
« Reply #239 on: April 14, 2005, 02:56:10 AM »
The problem with TBC is that is hasn't been hosted for 3 months, so they might not allow it.  I've sent in a request for it anyway.  We'll know soon hopefully.  NinDB should be worthy of 2 tickets.  The other issue is getting NT accounts for everybody who doesn't have one, I guess.

Also, even if we don't all get E3 passes, we can try to get some media passes on-site (which are better than guest passes, anyhow).

Regarding the status of More Friends tickets: the mezzanine section is practically sold out.  All that's left are "limited visibility seating."  The other 2 sections are about 4/5ths sold out, so it still doesn't make sense to try to eBay mezzanine tickets yet.

Edited by - MegaByte on 4/14/2005 2:06:02 AM

Print