Print

Author Topic: TMK @ E3  (Read 75190 times)

« Reply #285 on: May 06, 2005, 11:26:22 PM »
G4 is teaming up with IGN and will supposedly have a show just for E3 coverage.

...Maybe you guys will show up on TV.
"Be yourself. Everyone else is taken."

Luigison

• Old Person™
« Reply #286 on: May 06, 2005, 11:30:35 PM »
I just thought of something I post a while back: Is anyone interested in wearing Fungi Forum or TMK shirts at E3?

Edit:  Whoops.  I ignored David.  Sorry dude.  Since you will be "tied up" could that mean I won't get to meet you?

Edited by - Luigison on 5/6/2005 10:32:40 PM
“Evolution has shaped us with perceptions that allow us to survive. But part of that involves hiding from us the stuff we don’t need to know."

« Reply #287 on: May 07, 2005, 05:11:40 PM »
Okay, I will bring MK:SC. Do you have that, MB/DD/L?

I was half planning on letting everyone else handle picture taking and just get the pics from them later. I know how Watoad and MB love to take them new-fangled picture dealies, anyway.

I today got email confirmation that I had a ticket and would need to pick it up at the show.

Again, where and when are we first meeting up?

“Using the Semicolon can sometimes be a tricky proposition from a syntactical perspective!”

Chupperson Weird

• Not interested.
« Reply #288 on: May 07, 2005, 11:00:50 PM »
I'm armed and ready with my 1GB of Digital Camera memory.

"Don’t look into car headlights and freeze, because you might get run over or shot."
That was a joke.

David

• Trusts the fungus
« Reply #289 on: May 09, 2005, 03:08:18 AM »
Arrgh. This is like a bad comedy.

I am suddenly without an e3 pass again.

If anyone has any ideas, let me know.
Let's do the Mario, all together now!

Watoad

• Self-evictor
« Reply #290 on: May 09, 2005, 03:14:36 PM »
And I am without time. Though there's nothing sudden about that.

Well, I had to skip class to do it, but my tickets are up on eBay. We'll all see if anything happens.

"He is not a fool who gives up what he cannot keep for the sake of what he can never lose."

The weaker you are, the stronger you can become.

Chupperson Weird

• Not interested.
« Reply #291 on: May 10, 2005, 06:58:37 PM »
I agree with LD; we need to get a plan together quick. Because I probably won't be at TMK much, if at all, on my way to LA.

"Don’t look into car headlights and freeze, because you might get run over or shot."
That was a joke.

Luigison

• Old Person™
« Reply #292 on: May 10, 2005, 07:37:13 PM »
Waa. Woah. Watoad, you frightened me.  I thought you meant your e3 ticket/pass was on ebay.  Sigh.

Any, I assume that everybody that is going and has ticket will be at e3 for the majority of Thursday.  So would it be worth it for me to come early that day, or should I wait until the afternoon when more people will be back at the hotel.

I should read this thread, but am short on time so I'll say this:  I don't know if anyone else will have a car (rental or their own), but I can drive us to go out and eat if that is needed.

Since I'm the odd man out, is there room for me in the hotel room?  If so, Watoad do you have to give a list of who all stays in the room?  Can we get a "key" for everyone?

Do guest passes have names on them, or are they transferable?  I'm not asking for anyone's pass, but am just curious.  I will do everything I can to get a pass next year.

I'll read more of this thread later and email everyone that's going my cell phone number.  It would be a good idea for us all to exchange contact info.
“Evolution has shaped us with perceptions that allow us to survive. But part of that involves hiding from us the stuff we don’t need to know."

Luigison

• Old Person™
« Reply #293 on: May 10, 2005, 08:29:52 PM »
Sorry to reply again, but I wanted to bump this  in hopes of getting a quick response.

Are these all that will be going?

- MB
- MB's friend
- Chupperson
- Lizard Dude
- David
- Watoad
- Luigison
- Fifth

I'll be going to LA, but not e3 unless a ticket falls from Heaven.  I don't have anywere to stay unless Watoad has room.  Who all will need to stay in his room?

Edited by - Luigison on 5/10/2005 7:37:15 PM

Watoad

• Self-evictor
« Reply #294 on: May 10, 2005, 10:33:59 PM »
> I could loan those with tickets my DVD video cam and digital cam (if they don't have any), and you could use your laptop to upload the pictures and video to TMK, FF, or some other site/page for TMK fans and FF members to see what they/we would be missing.

I would be happy to lend my computer to those purposes, but please keep in mind that it's no digital video workhorse. It has a 15-GB hard drive and other wussy features that put digital video to sleep then serve as its breakfast in the morning.

> Also, my friend doesn't want to go every day (maybe only one day), so his pass will be available. We also have the Nindb and Media pass routes to pursue, so do not despair.

Luigison, I think you need to read that like five times or so.

> Which GBA games would we be playing, is what I meant.

Ah, you feel my pain, I see. *chuckles*

> How long I stay depends will in part depend on if there is somewhere, other than my car, to stay the night.

Let's see here: MEGAߥTE, Mß's friend, Lizard Dude, and I will be staying in the Courtyard room. Many times I have been told over the phone and in e-mails that the room is for five people. And even if it's not, I'm sure that there will be room for another person, anyway. So I see no reason why you can't spend the nights with us, Luigison.

> The battery on my laptop is dead. Will Watoad bring his.

It's as good as dead on mine, too, but the computer still works fine as long at it's connected to power. Along with my iBook, which I will be bringing, I'll pack in the power supply and an Ethernet cable. My mouse will probably come, too, but those are the essentials.

> It would be great if we could all have copies of the pics and videos we make.

Since there aren't like 20 people going, I reckon we could just burn and mail each other CDs or something if transferring over the Internet doesn't work. My computer is old enough that its internal drive cannot write CDs, and I wasn't planning on bringing my CD burner.

> I know how Watoad and MB love to take them new-fangled picture dealies, anyway.

^_^

> Again, where and when are we first meeting up?

Don't ya just love it? My recommendation to you is to make the question your sig for a few weeks. If that doesn't do the trick, then go to "Ask a stupid Qusestion get a stupid answer" with your query, and surely you'll get answer. XP

> I agree with LD; we need to get a plan together quick.

I won't even be there when you guys first meet up, but it seems to me that the Courtyard would be a natural choice.

> I don't know if anyone else will have a car (rental or their own), but I can drive us to go out and eat if that is needed.

Chup's family will have a vehicle, and that's it. So it could prove very useful to have yours along.

> Can we get a "key" for everyone?

I'm unsure how many keycards Courtyards are willing to give out. Something I suggest is not requesting more of them than the maximum occupancy of the room, though.

> Are these all that will be going?

Fifth mentioned that a friend will be coming with him, too. But the two of them, and I think also Chup's family, will be staying at the Furama.

> I'll be going to LA, but not e3 unless a ticket falls from Heaven.

I e-mailed David a request for another pass or two if he can get them. If I do end up getting one, Luigison, then I'd happily let you use it for up to three of the days, as I've said before. :)

"He is not a fool who gives up what he cannot keep for the sake of what he can never lose."

Chupperson Weird

• Not interested.
« Reply #295 on: May 10, 2005, 11:44:50 PM »
Alright, since I'm leaving first, I suppose I should ask things like "Will we be possibly playing games after the show ends each day?" "Should I bring any consoles?" "Might I stay in your room during E3?" "Watoad, what if I find a good game music CD and want to copy it for you?"

Also: We shall not be staying at the Furama. We may be staying at the same hotel as the other TMK folk, or one nearby. Plans are still tentative.

That was a joke.

Watoad

• Self-evictor
« Reply #296 on: May 11, 2005, 01:49:34 AM »
I'd love to answer all of your questions, but I don't really know the answers to all of them. So I'll just tackle the ones that I feel confident about.

> Might I stay in your room during E3?

Absolutely! If the room is for five people, and you and Luigison would like to stay there, then we'll cheat and make it six. If the room is actually for four, then we'll cheat and make it six. I'll simply not allow people to sleep in cars or whatever. That's nonsense.

I'm going to see what I can do about bringing my sleeping bag to help with this situation.

> Watoad, what if I find a good game music CD and want to copy it for you?

If you want, I can bring my CD burner and some blank CD-Rs along. It wouldn't be that much trouble, I imagine.

> We may be staying at the same hotel as the other TMK folk, or one nearby.

Sweet! :)

Chupperson Weird

• Not interested.
« Reply #297 on: May 11, 2005, 05:42:08 PM »
I can supply the CDs if you can supply the burner.

I can always sleep on the floor if it ends up I do stay with you guys sometimes. :P

That was a joke.

« Reply #298 on: May 11, 2005, 06:03:58 PM »
Should I bring a Cube, 4 controllers, SSBM, MK:DD, Pac-Man Vs., Mario Party 4, Wario Ware Inc., Mario Golf: Toadstool Tour, Super Monkey Ball, F-Zero GX, Mario Power Tennis, Soul Caliber II, Four Swords Adventure, etc. since you all are providing laptops and cameras and stuff (and hotel room, hehe)?

What about Bongo based games?

EVERYONE BRING YOUR DS AND DON'T FORGET METROID PRIME HUNTERS: FIRST HUNT!

“Using the Semicolon can sometimes be a tricky proposition from a syntactical perspective!”

Watoad

• Self-evictor
« Reply #299 on: May 11, 2005, 06:06:15 PM »
Deal.

What about some jewel cases? I have plenty of slim ones that I could bring if you don't have any. I won't be bringing along any of my CD wallets.

I actually don't know what I'd do if I didn't bring my sleeping bag because I always sleep on the floor when I travel with my family.  I can't remember when I last slept on a bed in a hotel room.

Print