Print

Author Topic: TMK @ E3  (Read 74265 times)

« Reply #405 on: May 26, 2005, 08:21:23 PM »
Now it makes sense. Thanks.
"Be yourself. Everyone else is taken."

MEGAߥTE

• In flames
« Reply #406 on: May 26, 2005, 08:54:13 PM »
The first draft of my journal for the entire trip is now complete.  More to come when I get back from my other trip.

Watoad

• Self-evictor
« Reply #407 on: May 26, 2005, 09:16:18 PM »
Other trip? What other trip?

Whoa. I just looked at your blaug a little bit, and man, it is detailed! How on Earth did you even remember so much?! Nuts. Well, anyone who reads that probably won't find anything new in the stories that I'll be posting later. Except for a slightly different perspective, if that. But that's just fine, really.

I was looking for pictures of us at Nintendo.com, and I came across this very annoying article. Either Nintendo lies, or they really wanted us to wait in that no-T-shirt line.

Chup, your digital camera's MPEGs are either low-quality or just really weird. Check out this frame of you that I happened across as I was watching your movies:

"He is not a fool who gives up what he cannot keep for the sake of what he can never lose."

The weaker you are, the stronger you can become.

« Reply #408 on: May 26, 2005, 09:33:03 PM »
Haha, you happened across a frame.

Watoad, is there a centralized place to download your media yet?

Luigison, I hear your videos are encoded poorly or something. Make sure to announce if you get them better.

That article is intriguing.

The camera videos look about like what I've seen from other cams.

I'm sure I'm not saying "coast" but I can't tell what the mystery phrases are, either. :(

"All this guy ever does is eat, sleep, say stuff, DDR, and wear glasses."

Watoad

• Self-evictor
« Reply #409 on: May 27, 2005, 12:56:12 AM »
I just completed and submitted my E3 report. Now, when I have time again, I will focus my attention on sharing my experiences of the trip with you people. That will include pictures and videos (the latter of which I didn't actually take very many).

Luigison has videos somewhere?

"Intriguing"? I still think that "annoying" fits it better.

My camera seems to do a slightly better job. Maybe.

Yeah. :/ Oh well. I was watching some other videos, and I noticed that the audio is even harder to decipher in those than in the Deezer Rules Video.

"He is not a fool who gives up what he cannot keep for the sake of what he can never lose."

Watoad

• Self-evictor
« Reply #410 on: May 27, 2005, 02:14:17 PM »
I'm very glad and grateful to see that my E3 report has been added to the site. Thank you!

Although I didn't go through and reread it, I already noticed a mistake that I made: I wrote, "and particularly of Nintendo's both," instead of, "and particularly of Nintendo's booth." If one of you would feel like fixing that for me, then I'd appreciate that, too. Thanks again!

Deezer

• Invincible
« Reply #411 on: May 27, 2005, 02:38:36 PM »
Yeah, I didn't proofread it either. :D

Fixed.

Watoad

• Self-evictor
« Reply #412 on: June 22, 2005, 02:18:15 AM »
No, the long-awaited presentation of my E3 pictures, videos, and stories is not the reason for this topic's revival. I have much less time than usual for Internet communication than even before, and Internet access for my laptop is not easy to come by, so it may never happen. And whoa, that was a terrible beginning to this post.

I wanted to say that at school today I met another student in the program who used to work for IGN. The topic of video games came up because I was wearing my Legend of Zelda shirt, and we talked about E3 and stuff (she has been to E3 several times). She told me that she knows a lot of N-(something, I forget what) people, including Fryguy!! I don't know that guy myself, but I remember encountering him in #tmk once, so it still counts as a crazy coincidence. What she was saying made me think that she might even have met David (either in person or online), but I didn't ask. Maybe I will tomorrow.

Also, right before I sat down to type this, I saw a kid on the street in front of my host family's house wearing a martial arts uniform and holding a GBA SP that had little plastic things dangling from it. That was the first presence of Nintendo that I've noticed since I arrived here (aside from the probably "illegal" playing of an SMB3 and an SMK theme during some corny game or food show that was on TV).

Chupperson Weird

• Not interested.
« Reply #413 on: June 22, 2005, 06:32:40 PM »
Watoad's digicam takes video in some weird and higher-quality QuickTime format for some reason. Mine doesn't have the highest quality but it's pretty decent for a digital camera.

Where are you, Watoad? Give us the E3 media. Insert other random remark here.

P.S. That article makes me go "whaaaaaat?"

"I think he will carry this island home in his pocket, and give it his son for an apple."

Edited by - Chupperson Weird on 6/22/2005 5:33:55 PM
That was a joke.

Watoad

• Self-evictor
« Reply #414 on: June 23, 2005, 11:50:45 PM »
My デジカメ uses the .jpg and .mov formats.

I'm presently in Hakodate, Hokkaido, Japan. (That's 函館, 北海道, 日本.) I'm in a place where speaking English is forbidden, but thankfully typing it is okay. Internet access is already hard enough to come by; if I couldn't type English here, then you'd probably never hear from me.

Right now my focus is getting my blaug online. If I have time, then I would really, really like to give you all my E3 media. Unfortunately .Mac doesn't allow browser access to directories without an index.html (yes, I'm saying that it's a disadvantage!), so by default I must do something fancier than simply uploading my files to the Internet. Be patient, my Mushroom Masters. You're dealing with Watoad, Snail Slave from the Plain of Pitiful Progress.

Yesterday I asked the IGN girl if she has met David, and she said no. Darn.

Watoad

• Self-evictor
« Reply #415 on: June 26, 2005, 11:05:41 PM »
Well, I just don't believe it! My blaug is finally online! It's about seven days late, and now it is way behind. I'll update it as soon as I can, but I won't post again to notify you when that happens. Just keep checking back if you find my adventures in Japan interesting enough to be worth reading about.

For those of you who just want to look at pictures, start with the second entry. So far each entry has increasingly more photos, but I don't think that trend will continue.

Print