Print

Author Topic: TMK @ E3  (Read 74254 times)

goodie

• Nike and Reebok
« Reply #60 on: February 01, 2005, 11:56:34 PM »
I was looking at the official e3 site, and it seems they have strict requirements for people that can attend. Like you have to have proof that you work for a game company or something. Yet you guys said Gamespy is able to give you passes because tmk is hosted with them? If I made a video game related web site and got Gamespy to host it, would they automatically give me e3 passes or would I have to do something else to qualify? Could someone fill me in on all the details? I'm considering going in 2006, and need to know how I will be able to get in. Sorry if that was too many questions...  :)
576f726c6420392069732061207365637265742e

« Reply #61 on: February 02, 2005, 01:38:44 PM »
They're the staff of the most successful Mario fan site on the web. Isn't that enough? I don't think they'd just let in anybody with a gaming web page thrown together, though....

Edited by - CashCrazed on 2/2/2005 11:39:48 AM
"I'm a stupid fatty and I like to play with my Easy Bake oven." - frostbite

« Reply #62 on: February 02, 2005, 03:36:29 PM »
I'm pretty sure if you make a decent website that people on Classicgaming or Gamespy like and want to host, you can get a ticket from them (If you are over 18, of course).
"Be yourself. Everyone else is taken."

« Reply #63 on: February 02, 2005, 03:39:13 PM »
"that people on Classicgaming or Gamespy like and want to host"

There's the kicker. They're usually pretty picky, you'll have to have a darn good page to get their hosting and their support for going to E3.
"I'm a stupid fatty and I like to play with my Easy Bake oven." - frostbite

goodie

• Nike and Reebok
« Reply #64 on: February 02, 2005, 10:03:32 PM »
I guess I should start designing a site as soon as possible then. Unless there's another way I could get in...
576f726c6420392069732061207365637265742e

Watoad

• Self-evictor
« Reply #65 on: February 06, 2005, 10:52:34 PM »
I need to reply to some posts in this topic, but you probably won't believe that I don't have time to. You have good reason not to. But I still don't. ;-/

What I have for you is some good news and some bad news. It's always better to get the bad news first, I think, but the good news is quicker, so I'll lay it on the table and then try wrap up this post or something: I helped a customer at work today who shipped a package to Chapel Hill, North Carolina.

Sadly, the bad news is more bad than the good news was good. My dad e-mailed me and told me that the five-person room is no longer available. Now it would take the same number of points as before to get a four-person room for those three nights (the longer we wait, the less value the points have, apparently). The four-person room still has two queen-size beds, so I guess it's just smaller.

I just talked with my dad on the phone, and he told me that adding an extra night (the night of the 20th) would cost us $179 (or $44.75 each). At this time, $179 per night is what it costs to stay in a room with two queen-size beds or one king-size bed. I think the cost may go up as you get closer to the time you're reserving, but I'm really not sure.

While this news stinks, we still have a chance to get some free lodging if we act quickly. But I need some feedback!! I don't think that I should just go and make reservations without some people like MEGAߥTE and Deezer first telling me that it's okay. So please tell me as soon as you possibly can:

1. Is it okay with you for me (i.e. my dad) to make the reservations at this Courtyard?

2. Do you want to add the extra night that we'll have to pay for?

If we can use the points before they become any less useful to us, then we'll be able to add a small room later for Sapphira—or whatever we need to do. My dad told me that most rooms in Courtyards have doors connecting to other rooms, and that you can request a specific connection after you've secured the reservation.

There's still the issue of cost for getting Sapphira her own room, but I think this has been a problem ever since her mom basically told her she couldn't stay with the guys. But this is all that we can do now. Our only other options are to go back in time—which isn't especially possible—to wait longer and have less available to us, or to wait until 2006.

Please reply.

“Hey, lemme borrow your bike. C’mon, I’ll give you some chips.”

The weaker you are, the stronger you can become.

Deezer

• Invincible
« Reply #66 on: February 06, 2005, 11:04:55 PM »
Sounds OK to me. Extra night sounds good too.

Edited by - Deezer on 2/6/2005 9:09:47 PM

MEGAߥTE

• In flames
« Reply #67 on: February 06, 2005, 11:12:47 PM »
DO IT MAN.

Watoad

• Self-evictor
« Reply #68 on: February 06, 2005, 11:29:14 PM »
Thanks for replying so quickly! I have done what I can do. I'll post again when I have the official word that the reservation is in place.

Sapphira

• Inquiring
« Reply #69 on: February 07, 2005, 01:13:57 PM »
"There's still the issue of cost for getting Sapphira her own room, but I think this has been a problem ever since her mom basically told her she couldn't stay with the guys."

My mom and I talked about it, and after some serious contemplating, she agreed that if need be, I could share a room with you guys. She trusts my judgment, albeit she's still very uncomfortable with it.

--------------------
Wise men talk because they have something to say;
fools, because they have to say something.
"The surest way to happiness is to lose yourself in a cause greater than yourself."

Fifth

• Quadruped
« Reply #70 on: February 07, 2005, 03:11:32 PM »
Will a second room be needed anyway?
I mean, how many people will be going?

Also, would it be a problem if a friend of mine comes, too?

Go Moon!

Edited by - Fifth on 2/7/2005 1:13:11 PM
Go Moon!

« Reply #71 on: February 07, 2005, 03:46:57 PM »
I don't think anything's a problem if the friend has his own ticket.

“I’m a stupid fatty and I love to play with my Easy Bake oven.”

« Reply #72 on: February 07, 2005, 10:17:03 PM »
Jealousy levels.....rising.....
"Be yourself. Everyone else is taken."

Watoad

• Self-evictor
« Reply #73 on: February 08, 2005, 08:53:42 AM »

Woohooo!! Good news, everybody! Checketh out the tidings:

This means that there's room for Sapphira after all! Yay!!!

I would still like for Luigison to come if he can, and if Fifth and his friend stay with us as well, then someone would need to reserve a separate three-person room, I guess? If we were to do that, then we could still get some room-connecting action going, I should think. But I'm not sure what you guys have in mind, so I'll leave it up to you.

My next task is to get a seat with Alaska Airlines. Unfortunately I can't get free airfare for anyone but myself. Sorry. ;)

MEGAߥTE

• In flames
« Reply #74 on: February 08, 2005, 02:24:01 PM »
Nobody said anything about Fifth before, so we have made no plans regarding him... we certainly can't get his friend an extra ticket.

Print