Print

Author Topic: Problems?  (Read 3110 times)

« on: March 09, 2005, 01:01:20 AM »
I just can't seem to post something to discuss about,I need ideas. Something any one wants to talk about, just not rubbish. serious this time. I need advice. There are many memories that i've liked at this place, its great fun, and I still love it. Laters.

Ringsonic, my man, what is up!

let''s a go
Yeh ha
Go luigi
mmmm! bananas mmmm!

Watoad

• Self-evictor
« Reply #1 on: March 09, 2005, 02:09:42 AM »
Ringsonic, the best thing you can possibly do at this point is to stop posting topics. You are damaging this message board by shamelessly spamming, and that needs to come to an end. It is never a good solution for one of the mods to have to force someone to stop spamming, so please try to prevent that from happening to you. All you have to do is avoid posting topics. Just don't click the "Post New Topic" links. It's really very simple.

"He is not a fool who gives up what he cannot keep for the sake of what he can never lose."

The weaker you are, the stronger you can become.

« Reply #2 on: March 09, 2005, 02:44:44 AM »
That's some good advice, so what to do? I want be back until 2006 because it's time I leave for now. No one likes me, veryone just wants to get rid of me, there is no forcing my words backward. I'll just never enter again if that's wha you're saying.

Goodgye, maybe forever!

Ringsonic, my man, what is up!

let''s a go
Yeh ha
Go luigi
mmmm! bananas mmmm!

« Reply #3 on: March 09, 2005, 10:11:02 AM »
Watoad never said that he wanted you to leave.  Or that you had to, for that matter.  All he (and a good number of others on the forum) is saying is to stop posting new topics unless (UNLESS!) you have something that will generate a REAL dicussion.  A topic saying that you don't have any ideas for a new topic is not only an oxymoron, but it's also spamming.  No one's asking or demanding that you leave.  You can stay, but just stop making pointless threads.

"There are no such things as stupid questions, just stupid people."

Edited by - Nameneko on 3/9/2005 8:11:58 AM
"There are no such things as stupid questions, just stupid people."

Markio

• Normal
« Reply #4 on: March 09, 2005, 06:50:42 PM »
I problems that I hope to die without anyone else knowing, so don't get your hopes up.

And no, I wasn't talking about THAT.

“You never really understand a person until you consider things from his point of view.” -Atticus Finch
"Hello Kitty is cool, but I like Keroppi the best."

Trainman

• Bob-Omg
« Reply #5 on: March 17, 2005, 02:22:24 AM »
You know, being nice on the Internet works about... oh, 2% of the time.

"No one likes me, veryone just wants to get rid of me, there is no forcing my words backward. I'll just never enter again if that's wha you're saying. Goodgye, maybe forever!"

Wow, if no one likes you on the Internet, you must be an outcast in real life (and by the way, you sound like all the other morons who come to this site begging for attention). Don't even come to me saying I'm fueling your "depression" and that I dont know what it is because believe you me, I've been through my share for now.

Man, folks, be a bit more aggressive. Being nice on the net to people like the spammers just lets them get away with idiotic threads like these.

''THIS IS MY PHONE!
I AM ON THE PHONE!'' ~Jon
Formerly quite reasonable.

« Reply #6 on: March 17, 2005, 01:22:53 PM »
Being aggressive also makes them post more stupid threads, Trainman, mostly just to spite everyone.

Yes, being nice doesn't work....by itself. You also have to tell them nicely that if they're doing something wrong, they must try to be a bit more intelligent/careful next time. And if it doesn't work, well, they're doomed to continue to make mistakes. No one is perfect.

Put yourself in their position, Trainman. How would you like it if you came to a forum, accidently posted something in the wrong forum, and got yelled at for making an honest mistake? Not very good, right?

Edited by - Vidgmchtr on 3/17/2005 11:24:35 AM
"Be yourself. Everyone else is taken."

Koopaslaya

• Kansas
« Reply #7 on: March 17, 2005, 03:31:09 PM »
Perhaps establish yourself as a user before you start posting topics? It'll make you a more belovid poster.

Push Button...
Receive Bacon! ®
Εὐθύνατε τὴν ὁδὸν Κυρίου

Suffix

• Steamed
« Reply #8 on: March 17, 2005, 04:46:05 PM »
I think you mean beloved. We can’t spell everything phonetically, unfortunately. Anyway, you really can’t create prokaryotic threads and expect to be viewed as helpful or functional.

Trainman

• Bob-Omg
« Reply #9 on: March 19, 2005, 10:31:38 PM »
"...and got yelled at for making an honest mistake?"

Eh, I've been yelled at on forums for merely posting relevant to the topic here, but I can't really put myself in his spot (in this case) because I acutally read the forum names, topic names, posts, etc. before I post myself, so eh.

''THIS IS MY PHONE!
I AM ON THE PHONE!'' ~Jon

Edited by - Trainman on 3/19/2005 8:34:26 PM
Formerly quite reasonable.

Print