Mario Party 7
2 (9.1%)
Mario Party Advance
0 (0%)
They're all great!
7 (31.8%)

Total Members Voted: 22

Print

Author Topic: Best (I mean, least bad) Mario Party  (Read 12565 times)

BP

• Beside Pacific
« on: September 28, 2005, 09:20:43 PM »
I've never played #1
#2 had a very limited character selection.
#3 had the board where you have the monsters to protect you.
#4 is the only one I own...
#5 looked to stupid for me to buy.
#6: same as 5.

Tie between 3 & 4. How about you?

I can talk English more better than you.
All your dreeeeeeams begiiin to shatterrrrrr~
It's YOUR problem!

« Reply #1 on: September 29, 2005, 08:13:06 PM »
1 and 2 were awesome. 3-6 were good, but could have used other Mini-games. Ones that had nothing to do with cleaning.......

I''m-a Luigi! Number-a one!
Luigison: Question everything!
Me: Why?

« Reply #2 on: September 29, 2005, 08:14:31 PM »
I've only played the first one.  It was good (as in not bad).  I liked the intro music, which is strange because I usually don't go for the programatic stuff.

Today's actually... nobody's birthday!  Quick, hurry up and make a baby!

Insane Steve

• Professional Cynic
« Reply #3 on: September 29, 2005, 09:17:03 PM »
MP1 is, in my mind, the best of the series. I mean, the later games made changes to the first game that I thought only orsened the games. That's just me, though. I've only seriously played the first three.

~I.S.~
~I.S.~

« Reply #4 on: September 30, 2005, 09:56:01 AM »
In my opinion, #4 was by far the best.  It had awesome items, lottery shop, and crazy-fun mini-games.  I loved it, and I'm still looking for it because I don't own it.

My order:

(Haven't played 6 yet)

Glorb

• Banned
« Reply #5 on: September 30, 2005, 10:32:15 AM »
I've played them all. A LOT. And now I'm a seasoned, grizzled Mario Party veteran. People are too scared to play against me 'cause I pwn them. Anyway, I think they're all decent. Not spectacular, but definately not bad like many people think. The sixth is cool because of the microphone, but I like 4 the best.

And don't play multiplayer with me, 'cause I'll pwn you.

-------------------------------------
"How are you gentlemen !! All your base are belong to us !! You are on the way to destruction. You have no chance to survive make your time. HA HA HA HA ...."
-Cats, Zero Wing (Genesis)
every

« Reply #6 on: September 30, 2005, 01:33:05 PM »
We'll see about that!  Everbody 'round here call me the Mario Party Pwner King!  Ha!  Ha!  Actually you probably would beat me.  But I bet we would tie in a lot of stuff.

I wish people would stop insulting MP because the games are very fun if you play them long enough (but of course everyone can have an opinion).  MP3 didn't seem to great at first until I played it long enough.  Then it got really fun.  Especially Tick Tock Hop where I used to controllers to get 2 characters all the way to 99 jumps (but I did use a turbo controller).

My thoughts-
MP3 (pro: can move faster, three items, duel boards and neat 2v2, Battle games and puzzle games, Con: Game Guy)
MP4 (pro: DK's last MP game, great mini-games, 1-player games, retro pipe sounds. Con: kind of slow movement
MP5 (pro: has some of my favorite music, pay to use items, put items where you want them, fight people in machine you build, realistic mini board game. Con: irritating duel boards with the "Koopa Kids")
MP2 (pro: no rotating control stick, a few really fun games like Shock, Drop, or Roll and Shell Shocked, old games made better, intro to using items, duel game intro, item game intro, last mini-game island. Con: old games made harder, chance time)
MP1 (pro: team work games, mini-game island, con: rotating control stick)

I have more cons but I can't think of them right now (because I'm an optimist!).  May never play 6 because it's not at my rental store.

And let us not be weary in well doing: for in due season we shall reap, if we faint not.

Edited by - Yoshisaurus Rex on 9/30/2005 12:34:08 PM
(E I): o{D___(--I I): o(D___(o 8(= P)___(=(:  )@)___(3 I)}:O})+)___<( )=(: )) )
The cake is a lie, your base belongs to us, keyboard cat will play you off as you fall out of the bus.

« Reply #7 on: September 30, 2005, 07:55:06 PM »
Unfortunetly, I own and've played them all. The series kinda went downhill after Mario Party 4. I'd list pros and cons as well, but it might turn out too simaliar to yoshisaurus rex's. That wont stop me from getting Mario Party 7, though. I'm still hooked on Mario Party no matter what.

PaperMario Rules!

Edited by - PaperMario on 9/30/2005 6:56:02 PM

BP

• Beside Pacific
« Reply #8 on: September 30, 2005, 08:29:00 PM »
Oh, BTW, this also means MP advance, which I also didn't get.
My topic name is kind of wrong. MP is OK, but way too repetitive.
All your dreeeeeeams begiiin to shatterrrrrr~
It's YOUR problem!

Sqrt2

« Reply #9 on: October 03, 2005, 08:14:27 AM »
In my opinion both 3 and 4 are tied for best Mario Party game. 1,2, and 6 are ok but 5 totally sucked, due to the horrific story mode, and the loss of DK as a playable character.

Macbeth tried hard - he gave it a good stab.
AA fanboy and proud!

« Reply #10 on: October 03, 2005, 05:40:13 PM »
Mario Party 4 was definately the best one. I saw it as a new, refreshing experience as it was the first MP on the Gamecube, with improved graphics and sounds. I loved its subquest to get all the presents. I think that MP5 was the worst because its story line and mode sucked, and there wasn't many really fun things to do in it. The Super-Duel mode was interesting at first, but became incredibly boring. I do not believe this is the one you should play by yourself. MP5 made me lose interest in the MP games following it, so I have no plans to buy 6 and 7.

Hurry Up The Cakes!

Edited by - nintendoexpert89 on 10/3/2005 4:41:46 PM

« Reply #11 on: October 04, 2005, 07:26:49 AM »
I liked the third. I own the first and it was great, but the third had my favorite mini-game, snowball fight!!

I''m not always who I am but I am what I say I am!
Most Wishy-Washy

« Reply #12 on: October 04, 2005, 10:13:25 AM »
6 has a snowball fight too!

Mario, Mario, He''s our Man, If he can''t tripple-jump and ground-pound no one can!!

« Reply #13 on: October 04, 2005, 01:16:52 PM »
I think that MP5 is better than MP3 It's an opinion alright?

Naruto, Code:Lyoko, Bomberman, and Mario Pwns.

Edited by - Aarom11 on 10/4/2005 12:17:38 PM

« Reply #14 on: October 04, 2005, 01:18:42 PM »
I'll pwn you all in any MP!

Edit-I'm to lazy to move my sig to the bottom so I'm just posting.

Naruto, Code:Lyoko, Bomberman, and Mario Pwns.

Edited by - Aarom11 on 10/4/2005 12:19:33 PM

Print