Print

Author Topic: Most annoying Character  (Read 7548 times)

« Reply #15 on: October 19, 2005, 03:05:09 AM »
Haha.  You guys are right about Bowser Jr's voice.  It makes me long for the days when dialog was displayed through text only.

Today's actually... nobody's birthday!  Quick, hurry up and make a baby!

« Reply #16 on: October 19, 2005, 04:47:36 AM »
The woman who voiced Bowser Jr. voiced Iggy and Larry in the Super Mario World cartoon and Timmy Turner in The Fairly-Odd Parents, if you didn't know...

Tara Strong isn't the voice of Bowser Jr, Delores Rogers is. Tara Strong isn't even mentioned in any of the games' credits. I hate how imdb puts in random names and actors without even checking the game first. For example, the Super Mario 64 DS Luigi was said to be voiced by Bill Farmer...

Hurry Up The Cakes!

Edited by - nintendoexpert89 on 10/19/2005 3:54:07 AM

« Reply #17 on: October 19, 2005, 07:28:49 PM »
Tara Strong is the voice of many other characters like Rikku from FFX.

« Reply #18 on: October 19, 2005, 08:49:18 PM »
Tara strong is really prolific. She's one of my favorite voice-actors.

The most annoying character is probably Bowser Junior, but Toad gets an honorable mention for his voice, which is sometrimes really irritating.

"At Dukar, we place our emphasis on serving you, supporting
you, and helping you be as successful as possible."
"At Dukar, we place our emphasis on serving you, supporting
you, and helping you be as successful as possible."

« Reply #19 on: October 21, 2005, 08:18:22 AM »
No real charecter annoys me, but the fact that they didn't give Flurrie a shirt or a dress or something just gives me the jibblies.

--------------------
"Hey, I''m a voter! Aren''t you supposed to lie to me and kiss my butt?" ~ Peter Venkman, Ghostbusters 2
"If they make greeting cards to thank people for helping with evil plans, I owe you one!" ~Dimentio, Super Paper Mario

Glorb

• Banned
« Reply #20 on: October 21, 2005, 02:38:03 PM »
Yeah. Wierd.

I hated Mario's exclamations in Mario 64. I often kicked and punched a lot, and so I would always hear "Ya! Wa! Ya! Wahoo! Ya! Wahoo! Ya! Ya! Wa! Wa! Ya! Wahoo!" And while I think Wario is actually a cool character, his voice is just wierd. In most of the games, he talks in this wierd psuedo-Italian constipated grunting talk, and would say things like "Hahahaha!" and "All right!" when he got hurt.

-------------------------------------
"How are you gentlemen !! All your base are belong to us !! You are on the way to destruction. You have no chance to survive make your time. HA HA HA HA ...."
-Cats, Zero Wing (Genesis)
every

« Reply #21 on: October 21, 2005, 02:59:50 PM »
I didn't mind the talk much when he jumped, but yeah, just because he punches doesn't mean he needs to say "Ya!!!" maybe grunt, but not talk.

« Reply #22 on: October 22, 2005, 08:47:12 AM »
"Wa!  Ya!  Hoo!" I liked the noises he made for some reason.  Especially when you do a long jump and then long jump backwards repeatedly.  "Ya-hoo!  Ya-hoo!  Ya-hoo!"  So I guess my opinions now have just lost their purpose.

I agree with the Flurrie thing.  It's just not something that should come in a Mario game.

The bandits from YI and PPTTYD really anger me.  It's not bad enough that they steal their junk but then they run away!  And who can't agree that Lakitus, Bloopers, and Hammer Bros. from SMB are always annoying (but the Bros. are kind of cool, I must admit)

Charmy from Sonic Heroes... good grief.  Sometimes he made me laugh but other times I wanted to duct tape his mouth shut.

(E I):o{D___(--I I):o(D___(o 8(= P)___(= (:  )@)___(3 I)}:O})+)___<( )=(: )) )
(E I): o{D___(--I I): o(D___(o 8(= P)___(=(:  )@)___(3 I)}:O})+)___<( )=(: )) )
The cake is a lie, your base belongs to us, keyboard cat will play you off as you fall out of the bus.

« Reply #23 on: October 22, 2005, 03:54:37 PM »
Lakitus are annoying when there are too many enemies on screen.

« Reply #24 on: October 22, 2005, 04:14:08 PM »
>I hate how imdb puts in random names and actors without even checking the game first.<

You mean like 50 Cent as Epona and Richard Simmons as Tingle in Legend of Zelda: Twilight Princess?

I really loathe the Koopa Kids. They were fine as bosses in SMW and SMB3 and pre-end bosses in M&L:SS, but people started to blow thier popularity way out of proportion. I'm not sure how anyone can find them lovable considering how they were portrayed in the cartoons. Plus they had the most annoying voices and they were just throwaway bosses in all games. The fact that people want them back full time and some even want Nintendo to make an RPG with all of them just saddens me. Where's the love for ultamatly superior characters like basically the whole cast of PMTTYD or even Fawful and Prince Peasly?

Edited by - Mr. Wiggles on 10/22/2005 3:15:21 PM
As a game that requires six friends, an HDTV, and skill, I can see why the majority of TMK is going to hate on it hard.

« Reply #25 on: October 22, 2005, 04:58:44 PM »
True dat.
Maybe there is more to me than there is to me...

Yoshi55

• Banned
« Reply #26 on: November 08, 2005, 12:45:38 PM »
Aarom11 is correct about which character I think is annoying.

Super Mario Bros. 3 from Nintendo
Now you''re playing with power!
He's back. All you had to do is ask. Super Mario Bros. 3 from Nintendo. Now you're playing with POWER! (SMB3 NES commercial)

« Reply #27 on: November 08, 2005, 02:30:38 PM »
I agree with most of you, like DK's voice, Mario's SM64 yells made when jumping, Bowser Jr., and the Pianta. Waluigi's the most annoying character to me. it's just his voice....I just dont like it.

« Reply #28 on: November 08, 2005, 06:49:06 PM »
Ooh! Ooh! I got one! In Pokemon Red-Blue-Yellow, there's this one kid on the road to Mt Moon who always says "Hi! I like shorts! They're delightfully comfy and easy to wear!" I just wanna pound that kid into the ground sometimes... and sadly they didn't take him out of FireRed-LeafGreen...

--------------------
"Hey, I''m a voter! Aren''t you supposed to lie to me and kiss my butt?" ~ Peter Venkman, Ghostbusters 2
"If they make greeting cards to thank people for helping with evil plans, I owe you one!" ~Dimentio, Super Paper Mario

Mr. Melee

• DUUUUDES!!!
« Reply #29 on: November 08, 2005, 07:37:53 PM »
Has anyone heard Bowser's voice on SM64DS? It sounds so distorted. It gets annoying a lot. I know this isn't video game related, but what about that chipmunk lady that sings on stations w/ rap, hip hop, and newer stuff? Awful.
[22:36:29] <Mr_Melee> The day I sell my soul will be the day I sell my hair.
[22:36:44] <SolidShroom> So when you go back to Christian School?

Print