Print

Author Topic: Dearly missed members.  (Read 95245 times)

« Reply #360 on: March 25, 2006, 08:08:35 PM »
Hmm... strange, I thought I saw something like "~Deezer" in his sig once. *Shrugs* Must have been my mind playing tricks.
If my son could decimate Lego cities with his genitals, I'd be [darn] proud.

Ambulance Y

• raewrednu
« Reply #361 on: March 26, 2006, 10:37:57 AM »
I just checked; he wasn't banned, but his sig said, "Deezer was here". So...

Speaking of dearly missed members, where's Namenko? He hasn't been here forever.
Edward has always dreamed of becoming a female monkey.

Jake

• Mr. Manure
« Reply #362 on: March 27, 2006, 11:31:25 AM »
Nintendofreak said he was banned on TYFN. Recently, though, he seems to have been unbanned, since I saw him post on this thread and that deleted "Least Favorite Video Games" thread that Yoshi55 made.
« Last Edit: March 27, 2006, 11:48:44 AM by Poop Dude »
Professional Paisano here

« Reply #363 on: April 10, 2006, 08:05:56 PM »
Has any body else's close friend, uncle, parent, etc. passed away? I would like to know how you deal with it- I just can't handle it right now.

This sounds very late, but...

Just a couple of weeks ago, an art teacher I had in 7th grade died at the age of 29 in late March.

http://www.newsday.com/news/local/longisland/ny-liteac244673540mar24,0,2674386.story?track=mostemailedlink

His name was Ryan Zinna. The year I had him wasn't a great one, because this was the same school year as the 9/11 attacks, and pretty much everyone in all my classes hated me for stupid reasons, so I was in sort of a depression.

The Semester I had Mr. Zinna (actually, it was a quarter, I had home ec. the first one, and art the second) he seemed like a very nice guy, and he was. He came into the classroom with a smile on his face every day. He always had conversations with me and a friend of mine while we were working on our art projects.

Him: Gamecube? I've seen the commercials for it. Are you getting it?
Me: Yeah, definitely.

He made me very happy at the times I felt sad.

The day he died, I was not aware of it until I saw a friend's away message that said "RIP Mr. Zinna :(". I IMed him to see what was going on. He told me he collapsed while teaching a class.

The next day, we had a moment of silence in the high school shortly before the morning announcements, and were told the flags were at half-mast all over the district. Later that day, there was an announcement forbidding high school students from entering the middle school.

That weekend, they held a day of the funeral for former students. My sister and I went there separately (I don't know why she went, I don't think he was her teacher). I wore a black dress shirt and black pants from earlier that day, as we were celebrating my father's 50th birthday at a nice restaurant. It was a chilly March evening, but I ignored the cold as I waited in the long line into the funeral home with my father. I also pointed out to him former teachers of mine. In front of me was my 6th grade band teacher, and a relative of my 7th grade band teacher. As we got in, I also pointed out two cafeteria staff members who both retired, my current phys. ed. teacher, and my current science teacher. There was a board that students could write on saying their goodbyes to the teacher.

When I finally got into the room, I saw many students. My father and I walked up to the coffin (this was a wake, so it was open). He wasn't wearing a suit, but a casual dress shirt. We stood there in silence for a few minutes. My father wanted us to leave, but I insisted on staying longer. He left and waited in the car.

I stood back near the entrance again. I saw that girl who told me to not play the high notes in that Miss Saigon medley there, as well as her twin sister. Whenever they hugged someone, such as one of the chorus teachers (the man who played the Phantom in the Phantom of the Opera piece), they broke out in tears. I also went to the guy I IMed the other day, and asked him how he was doing. Knowing I wasn't going to be talked to by anyone else, I left and went back into the car and went home.

I talked to my father about how kind he was, and how young he was when he taught me.

So, I can sort of sympathize with you...Juat pray every night for your friend, and know others are praying with you.
"Be yourself. Everyone else is taken."

« Reply #364 on: April 11, 2006, 03:21:10 PM »
That is... a very unfortunate loss, Vid. You said it with very nice words... I could imagine him. He sounded like a very good person, and always cared for the students; unlike most of my school's teachers. I am so sorry about this... It is even worse when you experience such a tragic event so young. When somebody close to you dies, you feel like it wasn't true-- like it never happened.

When my friend died, I didn't even cry until I got to the funeral. I was just in so much shock that I couldn't believe. When I saw his life-less body in the coffin bed, I bawled for hours. My other friend who was with me held his hand saying "Wake up, please...". As you can tell, he was a very loved and popular guy. Thank you very much for your added sympethy. I am praying for him, and will start praying for your teacher. Just remember that even though somebody passes away, they will still be with you, helping you along your life time. Know why he was remembered, and praise is soul for his deeds.

Keep your friends close...

« Reply #365 on: April 11, 2006, 03:43:24 PM »
...and your enemies closer.

« Reply #366 on: April 11, 2006, 03:45:20 PM »
...(-_-;

« Reply #367 on: April 11, 2006, 04:59:34 PM »
o_0?
"I don't know why they're called boyshorts! Boys don't wear shorts that short!" - Mitchie

MaxVance

• Vance Vance Revolution
« Reply #368 on: April 11, 2006, 05:40:53 PM »
Keep your friends close...
...and your enemies closer.
But make sure everyone uses plenty of deodorant.
Remember that your first Goomba boldly you walk? When Mario touched that mushroom being brought up more largely remember that you are surprised? Miscalculate your jump that pit remember that it falls?

Forest Guy

• Anything else?
« Reply #369 on: April 12, 2006, 02:52:02 PM »
While, I do not know any of the people who have spoken illy of me, I must apologize for that. I was a bit of a jerk, but since then, I've mellowed out. That is, I ask that you do not judge me based on my actions from long ago. i simply wish to start anew, as a casual, semi-active member. please, I don't want any trouble.

and Vidgmchtr, that's quite a coincidence, 'cause my sister works in that school now, and she was friends with that guy. quite sad indeed.
= = = = = = =
Agender, curry fan, Top 10 lister, indie dev, gym hitter, musician, et al.

« Reply #370 on: April 12, 2006, 11:43:13 PM »
What's her name? When did she start working there?
"Be yourself. Everyone else is taken."

Jake

• Mr. Manure
« Reply #371 on: April 14, 2006, 11:15:29 PM »
I'll think about it, Meowrik...ah, heck, I forgive you. Besides, I have to admit something aswell.

Mr. Wiggles and Trainman are the only ones who knew this, but allow me to re-introduce myself. It's me, Lord Lonic, also known as Lonic the Elfinhog and Jake. I suppose it's better to say this in the New/Returning members thread, but meh, I'd rather say it in this thread since it's what inspired me to come back.

Either way, I'm sorry for the way I acted in the past. Complaining over jon getting banned was a stupid reason to leave and then spam which got me banned. I regret doing that, enspecially since jon barely hangs out on messege boards anymore (to busy with Runescape, he usually is...yes, I mean't for that to sound like Yoda). When I saw that this place got a new messege board, I decided to check up on it, and looked at this thread, seeing Mr. Wiggles's first post inspired me to come back. I then decided to join (or was it use account a while ago and become more active after seeing this post? I'm not sure). The reason why I didn't use my old account is because I wasn't sure wether it was still banned or not, but after being informed that it was indeed unbanned, I tried it out, and found that my old password was changed. So, I continued using the Poop Dude account, with only Mr. Wiggles and Trainman knowing who I am.

Now my question is this...can you all please forgive me? Despite my username, I've matured alot since I was last here.
« Last Edit: April 14, 2006, 11:17:53 PM by Poop Dude »
Professional Paisano here

« Reply #372 on: April 15, 2006, 12:41:37 AM »
Poop Dude, you are forgiven by me from all of your wrongdoings of the past (yet I don't quite remember what you did, it's blurry. Excuse my memory, it's awfully bad).
"I don't know why they're called boyshorts! Boys don't wear shorts that short!" - Mitchie

« Reply #373 on: April 15, 2006, 06:28:57 AM »
I have something to admit as well...
I'm not a dude.

Just kidding.

Actually, I've been on this forum since 2000. I have been on two different accounts, which you may or may not know. I'll leave it at this for now...

No, I'm not Sadib, KIllaOfPS2, or whatever.
Most Wishy-Washy

« Reply #374 on: April 15, 2006, 02:10:40 PM »
Eh, Meowrik's cool with me since he likes Becker and That '70s Show, which is awesome.

Dude, as long as your not Mario Maniac your on my good side.
As a game that requires six friends, an HDTV, and skill, I can see why the majority of TMK is going to hate on it hard.

Print