Poll

Should Mario wear overalls in his future games?

yes
no
don't really care
Print

Author Topic: Overalls or no overalls  (Read 14337 times)

« Reply #15 on: February 20, 2006, 06:04:45 PM »
Keep the overalls, lose the beer belly.
Why do I need to show the work to my math problems, so long as I get the right answer every time?

« Reply #16 on: February 20, 2006, 09:41:30 PM »
He should wear overalls, overall.

« Reply #17 on: February 21, 2006, 01:10:49 PM »
Keep the overalls, lose the beer belly.

Nah, being fat is also what makes him Mario. Keep everything.
"Be yourself. Everyone else is taken."

« Reply #18 on: March 01, 2006, 11:36:15 PM »
Overalls are part of Mario's style. You can't ditch that anymore.

That said, I'd like to see a return to the Smash Bros. Melee Mario, where Mario was actually thinner for once. Same with Bowser. Those two are getting a bit too round and stale in their latest incarnations, you just don't see them change appearance much anymore. The Smash Bros. Melee versions had some subtle variations that went a long way.

Actually, I wish all the characters in Smash Bros. Melee stayed with that look for their later respective games. I look at the Smash Bros. Melee version of Falco, I look at all the other incarnations of Falco, and just marvel at the huge difference in quality. Falco has and may always look his best in SSBM. Unless Smash Bros. for Revolution rounds him out even more.
You didn't say wot wot.

BP

• Beside Pacific
« Reply #19 on: March 02, 2006, 12:23:22 AM »
The only thing that I can recall as wrong was than in MKDD, Mario's clothes were unnaturally shiny. Clothes are not shiny. Everything should be as it is in SSBM. All the characters looked perfect.
All your dreeeeeeams begiiin to shatterrrrrr~
It's YOUR problem!

Markio

• Normal
« Reply #20 on: March 02, 2006, 08:57:57 AM »
EVERYTHING in MK:DD was shiny.  Bowser was shiny.  The dirt roads were practically shiny.  That's my only concern about the graphics in that game, some things were too bright or shiny.  I guess I don't really care, but when you think about it, it is too unnatural.
"Hello Kitty is cool, but I like Keroppi the best."

« Reply #21 on: March 02, 2006, 03:21:08 PM »
Overrallls!!! Always because he looks great with them.
"I don't know why they're called boyshorts! Boys don't wear shorts that short!" - Mitchie

Glorb

• Banned
« Reply #22 on: March 02, 2006, 03:42:01 PM »
I think Mario should keep his overalls, but only because that's the way it's been ever since the dawn of time. If Mario does change clothes, it should be for a special, temporary purpose, like getting a new power or whatever.
every

« Reply #23 on: March 02, 2006, 05:51:03 PM »
Mario should keep his overalls. Without them, he just wouldnt be the same plumber we know and love. If he does loose them, it would only be for a power (like the suits in SMB3)
(Sig under cunstruction)

« Reply #24 on: March 02, 2006, 06:00:38 PM »
Mario should get mondo ripped and become a super star athelete. No t-shirt. Just muscle! Okay, he should stay the same. Mario is Mario when he's in his get-up.
Luigison: Question everything!
Me: Why?

« Reply #25 on: March 12, 2006, 06:53:15 PM »
Why don't they try making Mario change into his tuxedo and top hat when he goes to one of those parties at Peach's castle or some other formal event. It would be pretty cool to see Mario fight Bowser in a formal outfit.
Werid Fortune Cookies- Hard work pays off in the future. Laziness pays off now.

« Reply #26 on: March 12, 2006, 09:32:22 PM »
On the All-Stars game cover it shows Mario in a tux with the hat and cane.

Yet he was still wearing overalls!

EVEN IN A CLASSY SUIT HE CAN PULL OFF HIS OVERALL LOOK!

ALL HAIL MARIO AND HIS LACK OF GIVING IN AND CHANGING HIS OUTFIT!!!!!
Senior Mariology professor

Kojinka

• Bruised
« Reply #27 on: March 13, 2006, 08:55:16 AM »
Actually, when you compare official art of the older games with the GCN game 3D models of Mario. I think he's lost a little bit of weight.  I guess those adventures of rescuing princesses are helping afterall.  I think Luigi has been becoming a little less bashful over the years.

On topic, Mario fighting Bowser in a formal outfit actually sounds really cool.  The Koopa King crashes Mario and Peach's wedding, and kidnaps the bride (yet again).  The groom sets off with his best man, Luigi to save Peach.  The maid of honor, Daisy might help out too.
Regards, Uncle Dolan

« Reply #28 on: March 28, 2006, 12:49:13 PM »
Mario and overalls go together, why get rid of them.  That would be wrong, like totally wrong!

« Reply #29 on: March 28, 2006, 04:57:39 PM »
Kojinka, that sounds so cool, Mario fighting in a tux. But Peach is not his. Anyways I think Mario would look wierd without his overalls.
"I don't know why they're called boyshorts! Boys don't wear shorts that short!" - Mitchie

Print