Print

Author Topic: Good TV show ideas gone bad  (Read 5355 times)

MaxVance

• Vance Vance Revolution
« Reply #15 on: November 16, 2006, 06:27:47 AM »
That, and this is a topic for shows gone bad.
He was saying that those were the only good ones. He implied that the rest were bad.
Remember that your first Goomba boldly you walk? When Mario touched that mushroom being brought up more largely remember that you are surprised? Miscalculate your jump that pit remember that it falls?

« Reply #16 on: November 16, 2006, 06:48:19 AM »
Further clarification, this is a topic for TV shows that sounded like good ideas but had ultimately flawed execution.

The thing is, I know that kind of thing, I've seen it happen a thousand times, and yet I can't think of any specific examples.  Probably because I don't like TV very much and I don't remember to watch a lot of new serieseses.

Come to think of it, You Don't Know Jack was good for its first episode, but by the second episode (which came on immediately after), every repeated joke was grating on my nerves.

Kojinka

• Bruised
« Reply #17 on: November 16, 2006, 03:56:23 PM »
Eclipsed Moon is right on what this this topic is about, but I'd like to add that it's also for TV shows that sounded like good ideas, but failed to meet your expectations.
Regards, Uncle Dolan

« Reply #18 on: November 16, 2006, 04:00:37 PM »
If it failed to meet my* expectations, then the execution was flawed.

*Your

Kojinka

• Bruised
« Reply #19 on: November 16, 2006, 04:12:48 PM »
I have another show to mention Dragon Slayers (or whatever).  For me, any idea involving dragons is good.  However, with that comes high expectations, and this cartoon ultimately fails.  I saw one episode, and the dragon that they were fighting was very poorly executed.  All it was was a giant chameleon.  That's not a dragon!  That's just a poor excuse for lack of originality!
Regards, Uncle Dolan

The Chef

• Super
« Reply #20 on: November 16, 2006, 05:10:02 PM »
I expected Kappa Mikey to be a proper anime parody, but I just got a generic cartoon with generic humor coated in a crappily-exectuted "anime" art style.

Print