Print

Author Topic: Weekly Releases (10/1) +  (Read 394823 times)

Turtlekid1

• Tortuga
« Reply #540 on: September 12, 2008, 11:37:45 AM »
I'm pretty sure I had Jeopardy for my PS1 at one point, but I have no idea where it is now...
"It'll say life is sacred and so is death
but death is life and so we move on"

missingno

• ▄█ 'M ▓▒
« Reply #541 on: September 12, 2008, 01:00:58 PM »
I got it for Genesis just a week ago, I enjoy the trivial part, but the idea of actually typing out the whole thing by going to each letter can get a bit repetitive. I found it funny how CPU's either answered right, or rather than a typical wrong answer, would just type "xxx".
Ditto used Machop!

CrossEyed7

• i can make this whatever i want; you're not my dad
« Reply #542 on: September 12, 2008, 02:07:50 PM »
Yeah, I had the SNES Jeopardy, and typing out answers is really annoying. Especially when you realize halfway through the typing that the answer is something else, but you don't have time to type it. Or when the answer was something that could only fit if you didn't type the spaces, and you didn't realize until you had three or four letters to go. Jeopardy should only be on consoles with keyboards. The multiple choice solution that some games use instead, including for some reason the latest official PC version, give a completely different feel from the show. Also, I once had the Tiger handheld Jeopardy, which came with a book of questions each with three possible answers, and in the U.S. Presidents category, usually only one of the three choices was actually a U.S. President. Which is sort of like the reverse of that one page that was in a coloring/activity book I had when I was a kid. It showed four pictures, and you were supposed to write down the first letter of the name of each object, and it would spell out the answer to "What do you call a baby sheep?". The first picture was a lamb. Sort of like WINE. Okay, I'll stop now.
"Oh man, I wish being a part of a Mario fan community was the most embarrassing thing about my life." - Super-Jesse

« Reply #543 on: September 22, 2008, 05:22:26 PM »
HOLY CARP LOOK AT ALL THOSE GAMES

Turtlekid1

• Tortuga
« Reply #544 on: September 22, 2008, 05:29:52 PM »
DBZ Trilogy?  Interesting.
Hamtaro?  I had no idea that franchise was still alive.
Lego Batman=FTW
Kirby Super Star Ultra=See Lego Batman
Wario Land: Shake it... another good Wii game I'm not likely to get.

PS: I agree with LD's sentiment.

« Reply #545 on: September 22, 2008, 05:36:27 PM »
Actually the only thing on the list that matters is

Samba De Amigo

Many of the Rock Band songs are pimp as well.

missingno

• ▄█ 'M ▓▒
« Reply #546 on: September 22, 2008, 05:52:48 PM »
Some nice releases this week. I plan on getting Wario Land: Shake It, Kirby Super Star Ultra, and Mega Man 9 eventually.
Give or take a few that I want to try out just out of curiosity.
Ditto used Machop!

Chupperson Weird

• Not interested.
« Reply #547 on: September 22, 2008, 05:57:23 PM »
Got me that thar Mega Man 9. Good stuff, but weird that you apparently can't charge or slide.
That was a joke.

WarpRattler

• Paid by the word
« Reply #548 on: September 22, 2008, 06:21:56 PM »
Is Duke3D a straight port or a remake?
Also, you forgot the PS2 version of LEGO Batman and the DS version of Pipe Mania.

I have a feeling I'll be receiving a copy of LEGO Batman for Christmas.

I hear Pipe Mania is a new version of Pipe Dreams, which I own on at least two systems already.
Ham-Ham Challenge is sort of a minigame thing for young children and is pretty dull. It's not at all cool like Ham-Ham Games, one of only two GBA titles my younger sister owns that I've actually enjoyed playing (the other being Lady Sia).
Disgaea DS is a port of a PSP port of a PS2 game.
I'm saving all of my comments on KSSU for the video game article I write for my school's monthly newspaper.
DropCast is yet another block-based puzzle game utilizing the touch screen and a sideways system orientation. Don't know yet if it's good or not.
It would be totally awesome if My Japanese Coach was a big step toward making games more import-friendly.
Rhapsody is a port of a PSone RPG.

I've heard a lot of good stuff about Colonization, so I might play it eventually.

Samba de Amigo and WLSI are the first two games I've seen in a long time that actually make me want to get a Wii again. Maybe Twin Strike: Operation Thunder as well, but since I can't find anything about the game anywhere online other than the box art and the fact that it's a shmup of some sort...

I can't speak for the other songs, but the Rush tracks for RB this week are great.

MaxVance

• Vance Vance Revolution
« Reply #549 on: September 22, 2008, 06:36:00 PM »
I've already put down orders for Wario Land: Shake It! and Kirby Super Star Ultra. Now to wait for them to arrive.
Remember that your first Goomba boldly you walk? When Mario touched that mushroom being brought up more largely remember that you are surprised? Miscalculate your jump that pit remember that it falls?

Chupperson Weird

• Not interested.
« Reply #550 on: September 22, 2008, 06:39:54 PM »
Rhapsody is more like a redesign of the PSX Rhapsody. It's all side-view and stuff, I think, instead of the isometric of the original.
That was a joke.

Luigison

• Old Person™
« Reply #551 on: September 22, 2008, 07:57:54 PM »
This is an awesome week for gaming.  Especially good for platform gaming.  I got MM9 today and it is awesome.  I hope Wario Land: Shake It is good.  I'll probably get it or de Blob later this week and get two copies of Kirby Super Star Ultra eventually; one for me and one for my stepfather for Xmas.  My father got a PS3 this week, but I don't know anything to get him for it.  Portal might be cool, but he'll probably prefer it on PC.  There's several other games this week that I want, but will probably have to wait: Samba De Amigo, LEGO Batman, Buzz, Vector Man, etc.   
“Evolution has shaped us with perceptions that allow us to survive. But part of that involves hiding from us the stuff we don’t need to know."

silverstarman

• Chock full of misinformation
« Reply #552 on: September 23, 2008, 08:01:28 PM »
MaxVance: Aww, lucky. I don't care so much for Wario, but Kirby really seems awesome.

Chupperson Weird: MegaMan 9 is cool. I got it, it's not bad. But it's harda. I always thought 3 was the hardest, but this rivals it. But the downloadable Proto Man can slide and charge his weapon.

Lizard Dude: Samba is PWN! I got it for my Dreamcast a few weeks ago with maracas and I can't stop playing. Really great.

AND VECTORMAN!!!! Loved that game so much!

« Reply #553 on: September 29, 2008, 05:32:55 PM »
Just as Nintendo long ago tapped JRPG-powerhouse Square for Mario's first RPG, Sega now enlists CRPG-powerhouse Bioware for Sonic's.

I'm probably getting Wii Cheer, based on the Nintendo Channel vid. Cheer songs are good for rhythm gaming.

And boy oh boy are the bass players happy in RB this week.

Turtlekid1

• Tortuga
« Reply #554 on: September 29, 2008, 05:35:12 PM »
I can't wait for Iron Man.  Despite the questionable ending, it was probably one of the best movies that came out this year.

Print