Print

Author Topic: Portable game  (Read 3585 times)

BP

• Beside Pacific
« on: October 10, 2005, 12:47:54 AM »
Okay, this is where you choose a Mario game you wish you could play on the DS instead of being stuck in the wall. Explain the controls if possible.

SMRPG: Well, controls would be pretty much the same. The touch screen could be a touch menu.

PMTTYD: A, B, X, Y, and R would be the same. Z would be replaced with L, since L wasn't used in PMTTYD anyway. Once again, touch menu.

You''re all my http://img175.imageshack.us/my.php?image=memyffffs3bi.png "> FFFFs . My Freakin'' Fungi Forum Friends!

Edited by - Bird Person on 10/9/2005 11:58:54 PM

All your dreeeeeeams begiiin to shatterrrrrr~
It's YOUR problem!

Hirocon

• June 14-16, every year
« Reply #1 on: October 10, 2005, 01:28:57 AM »
I think there are many other interesting ways you could incorporate the touch screen into PM:TTYD.  For example, players could be required to quickly and accurately draw certain patterns in the middle of battle to get style points.

In fact, something similar to this is probably going to show up in Mario and Luigi: Partners in Time.

« Reply #2 on: October 10, 2005, 07:09:39 AM »
Super Mario Sunshine- Just like SM64DS but the touch screen switches nozzles, shows data, etc.

Naruto, Code:Lyoko, Zatch Bell, Bomberman, and Mario Pwns.

Suffix

• Steamed
« Reply #3 on: October 10, 2005, 05:11:44 PM »
PMTTYD wouldn't work on the DS in its original form, becuase the shoulder buttons are not pressure-level sensitive.

BP

• Beside Pacific
« Reply #4 on: October 10, 2005, 07:30:10 PM »
So? When the R button clicks, Mario turns into paper. What do the pressure levels have to do with that? Oh, I lied... The L button's used in the Yoshi's Stampede attack.

You''re all my http://img175.imageshack.us/my.php?image=memyffffs3bi.png "> FFFFs . My Freakin'' Fungi Forum Friends!

It's YOUR problem!

« Reply #5 on: October 10, 2005, 10:12:05 PM »
Not exactly a Mario game, but I say that it would to be having SSB on the DS.

You will be the bread for my mustard of doom due a counterattack you were least expecting!

I HAVE FURY!
You will be the bread for my mustard of doom due a counterattack you were least expecting!

I HAVE FURY!

« Reply #6 on: October 11, 2005, 05:53:39 PM »
SMK! More players!

Mario, Mario, He''s our man, If he can''t triple-jump and ground pound no one can!

BP

• Beside Pacific
« Reply #7 on: October 11, 2005, 06:03:02 PM »
That'd be nice but technically it was rereleased by being unlockable in MKSC...

Why do they give electric toothbrushes names like there are different models? They''re not cars!
It's YOUR problem!

« Reply #8 on: October 11, 2005, 06:08:04 PM »
But only 4 players!

Mario and Luigi They''re our men, If they can''t triple-jump and ground pound no one can!

« Reply #9 on: October 11, 2005, 09:36:03 PM »
Let also not forget that some tracks will be included in Mario Kart DS.

« Reply #10 on: October 12, 2005, 04:09:35 PM »
I think that's in a cup called the retro cup.

Mario and Luigi They''re our men, If they can''t triple-jump and ground pound no one can!

« Reply #11 on: October 14, 2005, 08:38:21 AM »
Donkey Konga, Thump the screen to bang the bongos, use the mic to clap, and Start to pause.

Other Guy: Well thats because someone''s cat was strangled on the phone line.
I'm a horrible person.

Suffix

• Steamed
« Reply #12 on: October 14, 2005, 12:24:44 PM »
That's a definite possibility.

« Reply #13 on: October 14, 2005, 01:21:04 PM »
Maybe.

Mario and Luigi They’re our men, if they can’t triple-jump and ground-pound no one can!

« Reply #14 on: November 20, 2005, 07:37:37 AM »
i'd like to see some mario sports games on the ds.

Print