Print

Author Topic: Lucky Moments in Mario Games  (Read 5590 times)

« on: June 28, 2006, 08:07:13 PM »
I have one. In Mario Kart DS, I was in last place since Peach knocked me with a Blue Shell. I got a lightning bolt. I used it. 5th place now, got another one! Used it. Back in 1st place, I got another one! I kept on gaining Lightning Bolts! Is that lucky or what?
My sister is a...(insert threat here)

Kojinka

• Bruised
« Reply #1 on: June 28, 2006, 08:20:23 PM »
Shouldn't this be in the General Mario Discussion?
Regards, Uncle Dolan

« Reply #2 on: June 28, 2006, 08:54:42 PM »
It should. Nintendo Bros., how did you get Lightning Bolts in first place? Don't you only get Green Shells and Banana Peels? Anyways, here's mine. In Super Mario Bros. 2 (Japan), I was on 8-4. Somehow, I managed to beat it. I don't really know how I did it, though.
"MY FAVORITE PART WAS WHEN RICK ASTLEY SAID HE'D NEVER LET ME DOWN" - Cosbydaf

« Reply #3 on: June 29, 2006, 09:29:24 AM »
It should. Nintendo Bros., how did you get Lightning Bolts in first place? Don't you only get Green Shells and Banana Peels? Anyways, here's mine. In Super Mario Bros. 2 (Japan), I was on 8-4. Somehow, I managed to beat it. I don't really know how I did it, though.

In first place, you can rarely get a Red Shell and a Mushroom too. Sometimes maybe a Green Shell x3. I don't know how I got a Lightning Bolt in first place. My copy of Mario Kart DS is sometimes wacky.
My sister is a...(insert threat here)

« Reply #4 on: June 29, 2006, 11:34:20 AM »
Well, it's lucky when you become invinsible................

Too many moments in Mario games lately.
Luigison: Question everything!
Me: Why?

« Reply #5 on: June 29, 2006, 05:59:45 PM »
In Paper Mario, Huff N. Puff hit me and got my life down to 5. He had 7 HP so I just went *STOMP*.

I get so freakin lucky in that game...
Senior Mariology professor

« Reply #6 on: June 29, 2006, 10:36:02 PM »
There are some opportunities for lucky moments (and unlucky ones) in the new SMB game.  The bad guys juke to the music.
Today's actually... nobody's birthday!  Quick, hurry up and make a baby!

coolkid

• Totally Not Banned
« Reply #7 on: July 02, 2006, 11:58:28 AM »
???
Kick! Punch! It's all in the mind!

« Reply #8 on: July 02, 2006, 12:07:44 PM »
Koopas will move to the right when the song says "Bha" and goombas will jump. It's really stupid.
Luigison: Question everything!
Me: Why?

coolkid

• Totally Not Banned
« Reply #9 on: July 02, 2006, 12:11:08 PM »
Good AI!
Kick! Punch! It's all in the mind!

« Reply #10 on: August 10, 2006, 01:37:46 PM »
My lucky moment at one point was when I was playing Mario Kart 64 and I was using Bowser. Toad being the little ****er that he is renowned for dropped a Fake item block right in my path at the very last moment when I was about to overtake him and there was no way I could have avoided it as I was on the narrow bridge in Bowsers Castle. But his cockeyness cost him the lead and the race because I picked up a nice blue spiney shell and I waited until the last lap and then I let him have it right on the final turn from the home straight and shot him into the lava. He came 6th for his stupidity and arrogance and I came 1st ~_^. Revenge is a dish best served ice cold.

Wii

« Reply #11 on: August 10, 2006, 01:50:04 PM »
When I was playing MKDS, I was about to get hit by a blue shell. Was a very close race (was over wi-fi) so I would have ended up last. I had no idea you could avoid them, but I turned a corner and it missed, and I won.

AbercrombieBaseball

• FitchPitch
« Reply #12 on: August 10, 2006, 10:22:21 PM »
I've beaten people by .01 in Mario Kart 64 before, but I consider my luckiest moment to be when I got that power star in the top of the clock in Super Mario 64.

I'm not an avid gamer, so I'm naturally sort of clumsy with a control stick. I had tried to get this thing since 1997 and would try every few months or so. Didn't get it until April 2006. But when I did get it (it was the 120th one) I was so happy. Yeah, this just shows that I'm awful at even the easiest of games, but for a guy who rarely plays a game aside from that two month stretch in 1997 (it rained almost every day so I played it a lot that summer) I was pretty happy.

Mario Kart seems to be everyone's "lucky" game here so here's another story. I was cruising along fine once and then disaster struck. A lightning bolt, a blue shell, another lightning bolt (on the stadium so I fell down), and then a red shell by an opponent who was so far behind and wound up beating me. Yes, it didn't work out for me, but great luck on my opponent's part! Too bad I wanted a rematch, being the really competitive person I am (it develops from sports, trust me).

The Chef

• Super
« Reply #13 on: August 11, 2006, 10:01:45 AM »
Were you playing against another person or the CPU? Because sometimes the AI is cheap.

Anyway, I once had a really lucky moment in Mario Golf 64. It was a rather long time ago, back when I sucked at the game. I was Baby Mario in Tournament Mode on Toad Highlands(can't remember which hole it was) and I had gotten the ball at the bottom of this hill where the green was. I was two strokes uder par and I was trying to get the ball up the hill and on to the green. I'm not sure how it happened, but I wound up hitting the ball straight up and it came down and landed right in the hole. I got both a Flag Shot and a Eagle. That's luck for ya.

« Reply #14 on: August 13, 2006, 04:41:17 AM »
Super Mario 64 is not the "easiest of games". Trust me on that one.

Mario Golf games probably have the most potential for hugely lucky moments. I can't remember any off the top of my head, but I've definitely had them.

Print