Print

Author Topic: Bands you like  (Read 12063 times)

« Reply #15 on: December 03, 2005, 11:07:14 PM »
Milli Vanilli.
As a game that requires six friends, an HDTV, and skill, I can see why the majority of TMK is going to hate on it hard.

« Reply #16 on: December 04, 2005, 02:51:25 PM »
These are my favorite bands/singers as of now...
-The Beatles
-The Rolling Stones
-Blondie
-Steely Dan
-Genisis
-Paul Mcartney and Wings
-Elton John
-Rod Stewart
-Frank Sinatra
They are many more too many to mention at this point in time.
Werid Fortune Cookies- Hard work pays off in the future. Laziness pays off now.

« Reply #17 on: December 04, 2005, 04:20:53 PM »
Yes, Khold, I have to say Dream Theater is WAY up there on the list for me. They all are insanely talented. Yes, I would have to say my favorite bands are:

Nirvana
Dream Theater
Coheed and Cambria
some Johnny Cash
and Foo Fighters

I only like stuff that I call "Peaceful Rock" or stuff that I could go to sleep to. It's gotta have a certain mood to it, and I don't really listen to much other types of music than rock/alternative. Oh, and Weird Al. . .he's making a new album as we speak I believe. Or at least, that's what I gathered from his website.

Markio

• Normal
« Reply #18 on: December 04, 2005, 04:25:26 PM »
I don't listen to certain bands.  All bands make a bad song sometimes.  I listen to certain songs from bands, and then music from movies and video games and stuff.
"Hello Kitty is cool, but I like Keroppi the best."

Mr. Melee

• DUUUUDES!!!
« Reply #19 on: December 04, 2005, 04:58:27 PM »
Yeah right. They were fake.
[22:36:29] <Mr_Melee> The day I sell my soul will be the day I sell my hair.
[22:36:44] <SolidShroom> So when you go back to Christian School?

Koopaslaya

• Kansas
« Reply #20 on: December 04, 2005, 05:52:45 PM »
Haha Zep, that was funny. Needs more cowbell! Thank goodness for SNL and BOC.
Εὐθύνατε τὴν ὁδὸν Κυρίου

Ambulance Y

• raewrednu
« Reply #21 on: December 04, 2005, 07:45:00 PM »
Yeah, good times! I own both "SNL Best of Will Ferrel" DVDs, and I never get tired of that skit.
Edward has always dreamed of becoming a female monkey.

« Reply #22 on: December 04, 2005, 07:50:35 PM »
Yes, Khold, I have to say Dream Theater is WAY up there on the list for me. They all are insanely talented. Yes, I would have to say my favorite bands are:

Nirvana
Dream Theater
Coheed and Cambria
some Johnny Cash
and Foo Fighters

I only like stuff that I call "Peaceful Rock" or stuff that I could go to sleep to. It's gotta have a certain mood to it, and I don't really listen to much other types of music than rock/alternative. Oh, and Weird Al. . .he's making a new album as we speak I believe. Or at least, that's what I gathered from his website.

Wow, at least someone here knows Dream Theater. I also play the guitar. I'm learning alot of their songs now. I just mastered the second solo on "Blind Faith" on Six Degrees of Inner Turbulance. THAT was a hard song...

TEM

• THE SOVIET'S MOST DANGEROUS PUZZLE.
« Reply #23 on: December 04, 2005, 07:55:42 PM »
This topic smells like teen spirit.

Ambulance Y

• raewrednu
« Reply #24 on: December 04, 2005, 07:57:30 PM »
Here's the top five songs on my playlist right now:

1. Nirvana "Stay Away"
2. The Sex Pistols "Anarchy in the U.K."
3. Franz Ferdinand "Darts of Pleasure"
4. Nirvana "Lithium"
5. System of a Down "Lonley Day"
Edward has always dreamed of becoming a female monkey.

« Reply #25 on: December 05, 2005, 06:23:44 PM »
Wow, at least someone here knows Dream Theater. I also play the guitar. I'm learning alot of their songs now. I just mastered the second solo on "Blind Faith" on Six Degrees of Inner Turbulance. THAT was a hard song...

Wow. I'd like to hear it someday, you should record it and post it, that would be awesome. I too am a guitarist, but am still picking up scales and working on speed, but as far as music theory, I've mostly got it down. But I really really like the drummer from Dream Theater, I love watching drum players play, and I'm not sure why.

Hmmm. . .lately I've been listening to music from movies too, and some My Chemical Romance.

« Reply #26 on: December 05, 2005, 07:41:56 PM »
I like......
-PINK FLOYD
-Incubus
-The Band
-Jimi Hendrix
-The Grateful Dead
-Syd Barrett
.......and a bunch more.  But I mostly stick to Pink Floyd.  Almost have every album made.
I only watch [adult swim]

« Reply #27 on: December 06, 2005, 07:28:25 PM »
gunblade88, how long have you been playing guitar? Just curious I'v been playing for about 4 years now. Me and my friend pulled together a band and all we need is a drummer. Drummers are sooooo hard to find :\

Some people think I am a "tom boy" for playing progressive/rock/blues. Thats not rare is it? Like that one DEATH metal band called Arch Enemy. The girl is the singer and since DEATH metal has all that growing and screaming... wow. She sounds like a guy!

Deezer

• Invincible
« Reply #28 on: December 06, 2005, 08:03:40 PM »
If I were stranded on a desert island...

3 Doors Down
A Perfect Circle
AFX
Alice in Chains
Aphex Twin
Audioslave
Beck
Black Rebel Motorcycle Club
Blink 182
Breaking Benjamin
Deftones
Dream Theater
Dredg
Dropbox
Evanescence
Eve 6
Fear Factory
Filter
Foo Fighters
Godsmack
Good Charlotte
Green Day
Led Zeppelin
Metallica
Monster Magnet
Mudvayne
nine inch nails
Nirvana
Opeth
Seether
Sevendust   
Soundgarden
Sum 41
System of a Down
Tool
White Stripes, The

« Reply #29 on: December 07, 2005, 05:41:23 PM »
Wow. Deezer is like the guy version of me! ;D I feel honered. Who else plays guitar and how long? I know Deezer plays.

Print