Print

Author Topic: The Golden Age of Gaming  (Read 4574 times)

« on: March 11, 2002, 10:15:50 PM »
.... What ever happend to the Goldent Age of gaming? When kids used to get togther and play mario games an dhave fun and talk.... now there is just a bunch of kids coming over, fighing for the controler and playing games like Twistle Meatle (no offence to any Twistle Meatle Fans)If any of you ever lisin to WTMK and have herd the one guy playing a bunch of songs from the Mario seires with his band and everyone was cheering and having fun.... now-adays if someone did that they would be luaghed off the stage..... And when he finished some guy yelled out "Can you Do Zelda?" and he replied " ahhh... Were Working on it!"..... this si what i mean.... back then it was ok to like Mario..... but sadly the Golden Age is over... and the further we get into these new systems and not likeing mario becuase its for kids..... means that it will never be like it was back then. At my school kids make fun of me like crazy becuase i like Mario.... they say thing like "Mario is for Babies" and "Who wants to see some fat loser run around anyway". Even my friends who like Nintendo still say that if a game has good graphixes nothing else matters. I once asked my friend, what game would you like better, a game with good graphix's but no storyline, not very fun, and very short... or would he rather have a game with crappy graphix, but with an awsome story line, neat characters, and thats fun.... well my friend looked me striaght in the eye and "Well Doa! i would choose the one with good graphix...... my friends dont seem to understand.... why does Mario have to be something for little children and babies........... at my school im called a geek, a nerd and many other things because i like Mario. The only person i know in realy life that also likes Mario is superdude. So.... it seems that the world of gaming with just keeping getting worser (for some) and better for others....... the old fans are dying.... there growing up.....99% of the new generation has gone to what i call the Dark side.... yes my friends... We are what is left of what was a great thing one time....... but soon all will be lost..... we will grow up and..... and then no one will be here to play the old games like mario..... no one...... because every year less and less people who will grow up to be like us are born...... every year.... even if you look back to just 1995 there was about 20 times the amout of people like this.... at this rate..... we will all be gone in less then 3 or 4 years.... tops....... but ...... we can still hope! hope that future  generations will relise what has happend.... and our world.... will be be back........
CANADA RULES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

« Reply #1 on: March 11, 2002, 10:48:26 PM »
MARIO Is A God!!!!!!!! He Will Never Die!!!!!! As Long As There's At Least One Fan!!!!!!!  Just One!!!!!!!! Then Mario Will Stay Loved!!!!!!!!!!! Graphics Are Good!!!!!!!! But Do You Know I Play My Old NES Everyday(yes it still works,because I treat my Nintendos as if they were gods)?!?!?!?!!!????!?! Graphics are an EXTRA little treat to make a game more pleasent to the eyes. They aren't what make the game....why don't people understand that????  Plus I Like "kiddie" games because they don't seem kiddie to me.

Game with great graphics but bad story and it's short: Luigi's Mansion

Game with crappy Graghics but great story,characters,and very fun: The original Super Mario Bros. on the NES

You know what? I play Super Mario Bros.1 more than Luigi's Mansion.You know what else??? I don't like fighting games much but I play SSBM just because of Mario.

Chika-Flicka!!!(as in cute girls)...Bwahahahaha I have come to The Mushroom Kingdom(not the place,the website!!) in search of a cute girl to steal away to my castle and Date!!!! Muahahahahahahaha!!!!!! Eat yer heart out Bowser!!!!!! Beware!!! I am prone to flame anyone who dares get on my nerves!!!!!!M-M-M-MUAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
200 characters and nothing to say.

« Reply #2 on: March 11, 2002, 10:50:03 PM »
I'm a true fan.

Chika-Flicka!!!(as in cute girls)...Bwahahahaha I have come to The Mushroom Kingdom(not the place,the website!!) in search of a cute girl to steal away to my castle and Date!!!! Muahahahahahahaha!!!!!! Eat yer heart out Bowser!!!!!! Beware!!! I am prone to flame anyone who dares get on my nerves!!!!!!M-M-M-MUAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

« Reply #3 on: March 12, 2002, 09:16:52 AM »
Mario is not for babies.  Their games are very complex!  Would you ever like to watch a kid try to solve the puzzles in Yoshi's Island, or get the big gems in Wario Land 4?  Would a 4-year old be able to access Special World on SMW?  Would a 6 year old be able to get all the way to Wart in SMB2, without using game genie?  How about making it to Koopa Ship in SMB3, or getting 100 coins in Rainbow Ride in SM64?

No!  None!  Mario is not for babies.  I don't usually hear people say that, but you can tell those people at your school to shove it.  They're just homo b*stards who have completely bad taste!  Maybe if they actually played a Mario game they would understand!  See if they can pass 1-1 of Yoshi's Island, or get to Phase 50 of Mario Bros. Classic.  Or would they win an MB battle?  I think not!  Mario is complex, and is more for kids - adults than babies or nerds.  Mario is the bomb, and if those kids don't know it, tell them to stick it up their ...

« Reply #4 on: March 12, 2002, 09:11:22 PM »
Exactly!!!!!!!!!!
i know!!!!!!!!!!!!
there idiots!!!!!people who hate mario should be *****************************************************and*******FOR**************WITH*****************to********and*******************!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!AND i mean every word!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
People are who they are and thats that!!!!!!

« Reply #5 on: March 13, 2002, 05:40:55 PM »
To Mr./Ms. red_yoshi
Mario? Geeky? Aw, don't feel bad! Of course those people have some old junky crap they might be interested in thats pretty geeky like Dragon Ball Z (sorry DBZ fans! Its just that people talk about it all the time and draw it that it gets so old and annoying!). Well for me I'm not ashamed of being a Mario fan because umm... Mario is pretty much a girl thing where I live. The only person who made fun of me liking the Mario series is Danyelle she said "You like Mario? Come on, you know how that junk is?" I said back to her, "Well at least they can update with new games! YOU'RE PITIFUL WITH YOUR CRAPPY PEPPER ANN!" (Sorry I absolutely hate that show.) So lots of my friends play Mario Party, (umm mostly girls) so I don't have to feel bad about that. The boys where I live don't exactly make fun of Mario, they kind of like it actually! red_yoshi, where do you live? In a land where losers exist? I don't really know anyone who can make fun of a person liking Mario... so this is new. Sorry for not feeling your pain but to me Mario is the best! You're not the only big fan out there!
~Princess Strawberry Sweet
 *Sweet ''n sugary*

« Reply #6 on: March 13, 2002, 06:12:23 PM »
HAY!!!!! i'm a big Mario fan too!!!!!!so is super yoshi 7175, Blue Yoshi, Frostbite, T.Y.N.Yoshi,AND EVERY ONE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! And my friends at school make fun of me too!!!! They make fun of me for liking the coolest thing around!!!!MARIO!!!
People are who they are and thats that!!!!!!

« Reply #7 on: March 13, 2002, 06:28:06 PM »
The Golden Age of Gaming? That died with the mighty Super Nintendo and the innovative Genesis.

As soon as the 32-bits consoles(N64, PSX, and Saturn) hit the shelf, that was the day great gameplay and amazing storyline died.

Long ago, we got bad graphics with great gameplay and innovation(Super Mario Bros. 3, Zelda:A Link To The Past, and Final Fantasy V). Nowadays, we get games with super amazing graphics with mediocre gameplay and unoriginal storyline(Final Fantasy X and Jax & Daxter).

While there are still many great games, there are not as many as when there are not much a developer can do on graphics.

The GameBoy Advance could have possibly revive the Golden Age of Gaming, but everybody keeps on making ports instead of new games. Luckily, Nintendo made Golden Sun to keep us happy for a little while. But if things keep going the way it does, then the GameBoy Advance might as well be called the PortBoy Advance.

"What if everything you see is more than what you see - the person next to you is a warrior and the space that appears empty is a secret door to another world? What if something appears that shouldn''t? You either dismiss it or accept that there is much more to the world than you think."

- Shigeru Miyamoto

- Mario

« Reply #8 on: March 13, 2002, 08:03:30 PM »
my thoughts exacly
CANADA RULES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

« Reply #9 on: March 13, 2002, 08:43:32 PM »
WoW!!! There's a girl here and it's not me!!!! WWWHHHEEEEE!!!!! But..to bad I must kill her...RRRRRROOOOOOAAAAAARRRRRRRRRRRR!!!!!!!!!!!!!! DDDDDIIIIEEEEEEE!!!!!!!!!!!! NO ONE DIS- ANIME AND LIVES!!!!!!! Quick lets call in Ryoko and Tien!!! Sailor Neptune HURRY UP we must eliminate all who dare oppose ANIME. Master Miyamoto,Master Tezuka,what are your orders??? Miyamoto: Well she DOES like Mario... Tezuka: Kill the B**ch for Dis- Anime!!!!! Me:Right!!!! Tien use Tri Beam!!!!Tien: I'll use what I want to use!!!! you can't boss me around like a PukeMon!!!! Me: Right! Sorry!! Tien: Here Goes!!!! Tri-Beam!!!!!!! HHHHHHHHHAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!! Me:Ryoko what are you doing??!?!?!?!! Ryoko: I'm to ***y for my...Huh? What? Attack? O right!!!! DDDDDIIIIIIIEEEEEEEEE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Tenchi likes me BEST!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Sailor Neptune: O NO!!!! My Mascara's Running running!!!!! O GOD Its The Apocolpse!!!!!!!AAAAAHHHHHH!!!!!!!!! Me: Sheesh...OK you asked for it...my ultimate weapons...THE GUNDAM!!!!!!!! AND The Living Starship Piloted by Heero and Jean Star!!!!!!!!!! MMMMUUUUUUUAAAAAHHHHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! DDDDDDIIIIIIIIEEEEEEEEE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! and Pryncez Peech Is NO MORE!!!!!!!!!!!!!! BWAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!...D*mn I didn't ask her were she lived!!!!! So I don't were to go to meet all these Anime Lovin Boys and these Mario lovin Chicks!!!!!! AAAAAHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!@&#&%(#))^&(^(*@!&@!!!&#&#*$**@_!!@_!+#)#_@()#)!!!!!!!!!!!!! Ryoko:and to the victor the spoils...I'm to ***y for my...

FIN.

This has been a Mama & Mia Mario production Thank You

Note: Pryncez Peech WAS harmed in the making of this film.But that was the whole point so I'm sure nobody cares.

« Reply #10 on: March 13, 2002, 08:48:20 PM »
Hhhhmmmm...since when is
S
E
X
Y abad word???

« Reply #11 on: March 13, 2002, 09:37:52 PM »
Why I'd like to find them bums at your school! I'd shove 50 SNES games in their face and say, "Don't like Mario, Eh? Well, you've got to be the stupidest people in the world! Even stupider than [insert the name of a stupid Mario character]!" Shame on them! I might just come over to them and kick them into next year!! Then I wish that Bowser eats them !! (Courtesy of the Star Rod) Mua-hahahaha!! Then I'd challenge them to a long, tiring SMB Tournament. It would be a race in SMB, a match-link in MB, a 1-life match in SSB, then a bunch of Mario sports games! I don't know what's happened. One day, everyone is showing off their new SMW and Mario Tennis's, then the next one, everyone's threating to shred you copy to bits (no pun intended)! I can't believe it! My gosh! I'd rather have some game on the Nes or SNES with deep plots, characters, stories, and ideas than a good-looking game with NOTHING! C'mon! nobody cares about gameplay, just GrafX? Why? Why? WHY?!?!?! I swear, nobody is like they were in the early 90's and late 80's. No, it's all about graphics,high ESRB ratings, and their so-called "Cool-o-meter". Man, Mario is just not been given a chance by many. I have been loyal to him scince i was 6! (okay, maybe a little sonic, buy hey, what's a red plumber with out a bvlue speedy hedgehog?) CYA!

Quote-Paper Mario (the user, not game) said,
"Person 1:do U sprinkle when U tinkle?
Person 2: uh, yes.
Person 1:Be a sweetie, wipe the seatie!"
A little bit of LOL. IROTF,LMHO! (I'm rolling on the floor, laughing my head off!

An extremly rare and valuable Yoshi!
"Who want''s to buy a gold Yoshi? Selling Price, $999,999,999,999,999!"
(This is GoldenYoshi)
"How much does the $1.99 Popcorn Chicken cost?" ~ Classic Stupidity.

« Reply #12 on: March 13, 2002, 09:52:29 PM »
Sniff, sniff, boo-hoo. Sheesh, the world HAS gone mad! Hardly anyone likes Mario any more. Evcept for every one at Fungi Forums, and my friend, Juilo, who I nickname "J-ster" as in Yoster (who migh be coming here soon.) Wow, the world is doomed, everyone is betting on the MS and Sony horses, which will soon lose, whil the Big 'N' takes all the fame! A weird note: SM and MS are the initials of 2 major video gaming names that are enimies (Shigeru Miyamoto and MicroSoft)!
Quote- from Jak and Daxter commercial (the poor PS2 mascot) "Stay fuzzy- or save the world? hmm... descisions." I just put it in there for kicks, so please don't flame me!

(This is GoldenYoshi)

« Reply #13 on: March 13, 2002, 09:54:38 PM »
Sniff, sniff, boo-hoo. Sheesh, the world HAS gone mad! Hardly anyone likes Mario any more. Evcept for every one at Fungi Forums, and my friend, Juilo, who I nickname "J-ster" as in Yoster (who might be coming here soon.) Wow, the world is doomed, everyone is betting on the MS and Sony horses, which will soon lose, whil the Big 'N' takes all the fame, but no bets! A weird note: SM and MS are the initials of 2 major video gaming names that are enimies (Shigeru Miyamoto and MicroSoft)!
Quote- from Jak and Daxter commercial (the poor PS2 mascot) "Stay fuzzy- or save the world? hmm... descisions." I just put it in there for kicks, so please don't flame me! ( I shall now play Mallow's Sadness' MIDI file on my PC and say what has gone wrong in the VG world. )

(This is GoldenYoshi)

« Reply #14 on: March 13, 2002, 09:55:04 PM »
Sniff, sniff, boo-hoo. Sheesh, the world HAS gone mad! Hardly anyone likes Mario any more. Evcept for every one at Fungi Forums, and my friend, Juilo, who I nickname "J-ster" as in Yoster (who might be coming here soon.) Wow, the world is doomed, everyone is betting on the MS and Sony horses, which will soon lose, whil the Big 'N' takes all the fame, but no bets! A weird note: SM and MS are the initials of 2 major video gaming names that are enimies (Shigeru Miyamoto and MicroSoft)!
Quote- from Jak and Daxter commercial (the poor PS2 mascot) "Stay fuzzy- or save the world? hmm... descisions." I just put it in there for kicks, so please don't flame me! ( I shall now play Mallow's Sadness' MIDI file on my PC and say what has gone wrong in the VG world. )

(This is GoldenYoshi)

Print